Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawing with the graphics pad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Kay and the Claw of Karnak

Installment 10 - "That's some Pair of McMuffins"

-----------------------------

Tigermark had safely stowed "Stripes One" as he called the fancy T-38, and he and Dr. Kayngi were now enjoying a mouth sizzling curry at the New Delhi airshow office cafeteria. He waved his paw in front of his mouth.

"Woooo! This In-Dia food is definitely in afterburner mode. Are you sure it's safe?" He took a few gulps of filtered water.

"Nope," answered Kay, downing another forkful, "but I imagine any bugs in it will be even worse off than us. This is what a good curry should be like. Curls your whiskers on the way down, doesn't it?"

"Yeah. It'll probably curl my tail on the way out, too," he laughed. When his laugh subsided, he pushed his empty curry bowl to one side and gave Kay a serious look. "The airshow isn't for another week Doctor. If you need some help, I can cover your back."

Dr. Kay put her paw over the white tiger's. "Why do you think my backside needs…"

Tigermark held up a paw. "I'm not blind you know. I'd have a hard time flying if I was. Let's say that during our brief encounters I've noticed you carrying items not normally associated with archeology. The .44 Auto-mag for instance?"

"Well, you might call what I do 'Action Archeology', but I'm perfectly safe. Really I am."

Tigermark sighed. "Well then, I can at least see you safely out to the parking lot."

Kay nodded, and the two of them walked out of the cafeteria - after Tigermark insisted on paying the bill, that is.

Since the airshow was a ways off, the parking lot was relatively deserted for a crowded country like In-dia. There were only a few dilapidated taxis and a bus that had seen better days - probably a couple decades ago.

"Not much choice here," commented Tigermark. "Maybe we could get a ride to the main airport and you could fly to Bang-La-Desh."

Kay shook her head. "Their airport there is not much better than some of the unimproved airstrips Cateagle and I have used. If I'm gonna fly into one of those, I want it to be on my plane, with him piloting it. In lieu of that, I'll take ground transport."

"How about the trains?"

Kay shook her head. "Too unreliable. I need something that won't be stopping for every fur who holds up a paw."

Just then, a large stretch limo pulled into the parking lot.
"And something comfortable, too?" commented Tigermark.

Kay smiled. "Yeah, I think this will do just fine."

Before they so much as took a step toward the limo, however, a voice from inside screamed "Get her!"

Hundreds of rodents swarmed from the vehicle, and Tigermark roughly pushed Kay behind him before whipping out a .45 Auto Estate. "Get outta here, Doctor!" he yelled, but it was too late. They were surrounded. He noticed Kay wasn't exactly helpless. She had her .44 Auto-Mag out and ready for action.

For a moment, the two stood back to back, waiting for the surrounding rats to make their move. Then a voice came from the Limo.

"So nice to see you again, Doctor. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to turn over those oversized pea-shooters of yours. As you can see, I've go a lot more 'fodder' than you've got 'cannon'.

That was obvious, so they didn't resist when several rate relieved them of their weapons.

"Don't worry," whispered Kayngi. "I can handle this one. I recognized his voice. He's got this weak spot for me....I hope."

They saw the rear Limo door being opened by a menacing looking metal paw. Then a figure slowly emerged, and Kaygi put on a seductive pout that could melt steel.

"Kolonel, darling," she said in a voice that even made Tigermerk shiver a bit. "You wouldn't hurt us now. Would you?" She batted her eyelashes.

Kay could now see the sweat running down Kolonel Crazed Wolf's forehead as he slowly approached them.

"It… will… not… work… this… time," he said in a choked voice, his metallic paw creaking as it balled into a fist. Then his head tilted back as if to howl, but instead he screamed. "Must… Have… WAFFLES!"

A score of rats pulled boxes of waffles out of the Limo trunk and tossed them to the Kolonel. He grabbed as many as he could and ripped them open before looking back at Kay and Tigermark with a slightly crazed gleam in his eye.

"Mwahahahah! The therapy worked! I'm immune to your animal magnetism now, Doctor! When I see you, all I need are a few waffles!" He stuffed a dozen into his mouth. "Oo cannah efcape me ow!"

"Syrup?" asked a rat, pointing a Super-Soaker at him.

"Ooo, fyrup!" drooled the Kolonel. "Gimme…"

Suddenly, the satellite phone in the Limo went off, and the Kolonel sprayed bits of waffle everywhere.

"RATS! No phone calls now! Cut me some slack, already!"

"Joo got it, boss!"

A dozen or so rats grabbed the phone and then they were all off in a cloud of flapping ties and shining shoes. In a flash, the parking lot was deserted except for the Kolonel, Kay, and Tigermark.

Kay immediately grabbed the Super-Soaker, but instead of pointing it at the enraged Kolonel, she turned it on herself and dribbled some of the syrup onto her shirt front.

"Oh Kolonel," she cooed.

His expression did a 180. "Huh?"

"Care for some breakfast? Just think of me as a big, fluffy Eggo." Kay scooped a dollop of syrup from her chest and sensuously wrapped her tongue around the glistening finger.

"Mmmmmmm."

The Kolonel's eyes bugged out. Then his eyes dropped to her shirt, and they glazed over. "Niiiiice.. Waaaafffllless…niiiiice.....nuhhhh...."

He was out on his feet.

Tigermark retrieved their weapons from the Limo and gave Kay hers after she'd wiped the syrup off her shirt.

"Talk about sticky situations," grinned Tigermark. "I knew I was right about you. I don't wanna here any objections now. I'm gonna stay with you at least until you get you to Bang-La-Desh."

Kay nodded as she searched the petrified Kolonel. "Alright, then. I'll admit, for a jet-jockey, you handle a side arm pretty well. Ah! Here it is!"

Kay held up a very ragged looking piece of rolled leather.

"What's that?"

"The map I need to know where I'm going." She stuffed it into her backpack. "We better scram before the rats get back. No doubt, his lackeys have a copy, so we need to get a head start."

"Should I play chauffer, or do you want to pilot this land yacht?"

Kay motioned him to the front as she climbed in the back. "Home, Jeeves. If anyone calls, I'll be in the pool."

A few moments later, the parking lot was empty except for some shabby cabs and a smartly dressed, if catatonic, wolf with a metal arm.

An hour later, Kolonel crazed woke up to see himself surrounded again by his hoard of lackeys.

Each one was holding out a pair of sliced slacks.

----------------------------------

Cirrel

Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Falls over laughing* Cirrel, you are having TOO much fun!!!
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMTO, Waffle theropy. :lol!: Loven this. Keep em coming

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, thought I would step in and slide a story in here...its about me...the Mercenary....Iono....lmto, excuse some of it, it might be a lil off and I dont contain the best writing skills either, and it wasnt proof read and all that rot, so I proudly present: A STORY BY ME WITH NO TITLE! YAAAAAAY! Oh yeah. there is a small bit of strong languge, that most likely will be filterd....nvm lmto.

Darke turned a dusty corner, and bolted down the hallway. He stopped quickly with a small slide, and looked behind him. His green-eyed gaze caught the view of a hoard of camouflage clad rats, swarming the hall after him. A few bullets pinged off the walls around him and at that, he took off again. He scampered through a hole in the end of a sandy passage that he had made earlier with explosives and into the arid desert air. He turned around and tossed a hand-grenade into the hole. He ducked and waited for the explosion to go off. After a few seconds, the grenade went off with a boom and scared his camel away. He cursed loudly.
“Shit! Damn it, get back here! Awwww...camels.... So timid...”

The wolf watched the camel take off across the wavy desert, and disappear into the horizon. A smoking, bloody helmet rolled out of the pyramid and tapped the lupine on the boot. Darke looked down and laughed, reaching into his pocket. He removed the fangs of what looked like to be rat, and then fished a radio off his belt. The radio crackled a few times, and then a gruff voice came through the speaker.

“Did you achieve the mission statement?”

Darke rolled his eyes.

“Yes, sir. The leader of the Rat Pharaoh organization has been eliminated. Yes, I have proof.... You will like these for your collection...”
The voice spoke again:

“Gooooood.... Now we rule the desert as well.... Come back to base, and we can talk about our next move.”

Darke shifted his weight in the sand.

“Um, sir.... My camel ran away...”

“WHAT?!?” The voice roared.

“Uh.. Yeah...grenades plus camels, they don’t mix well.”

“Very well, this is the LAST time I will send one of my planes to come pick you up. They will be there shortly...”

The radio crackled once again, then went silent. Darke cursed. He has a bad habit of finding a way of losing his form of transportation. He was surprised that The Leader let him have a camel. The last animal came back in pieces with bite marks all over it. The reason? “Hey, I got hungry,” was Darke’s excuse. Darke looked at the sun, then back at the still smoking hole, then back at the sun again.

“Exploded bodies or scalding sun.... Bodies.... Sun....bodies.... Sun..... Ahhhh screw it.”

Darke walked towards the hole and stepped in, and gagged at the sight. Ever see a bad horror movie? One that just takes blood and pours it all over the walls? Picture that...but worse.

“THIS is why I love explosives....”

Darke sat down and waited. He looked around, grabbed a detached leg, tore off the boot and pants, and sunk his fangs into the thigh.

“Hmm...Not bad.... Crispy.... Just like I like it!”

Darke gave his tail a few wags while munching on the rats’ leg, when all of a sudden his ears perked to the sound of a propeller in the distance. He threw what remained of the bloody stump into the corner, stood up, and dusted himself off, and stepped once again into the sun to the awaiting bi-plane, being piloted by an old skunk. He hopped in the back seat area, put on a helmet, and tapped the Skunk on the soldier. The propellers roared, and the plane slowly lurched forward, then took to the air.

The clomping sound of boots filled the damp, subterranean tunnel. Darke walked deeper and deeper into the darkness when the glowing flicker from torches hanging from the wall came into his sight. He approached the lights and two wolf guards stood in front of a gigantic wooden door, wide enough to fit a few refrigerators side by side through it. The wolf guards stood at attention as he approached, and saluted. He pushed lightly on the doors, and watched as they effortlessly slid open without a sound. He took a few steps in and stopped to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. He forgot to move his tail, and as the doors slid silently closed again, his tail got crushed. A sharp yelp echoed in the darkness, and a loud crash was heard. He yanked his tail out from between the doors, and flailed around until he found a light switch. The lights clicked and blinked a few times, then stayed on to reveal a cavernous room, clad with maroon tapestries of the Wolf Revolution monogram, a gigantic fireplace, which was currently unlit, and a huge throne on top of a high stone perch. Darke looked at the throne, and a puzzled look came across his muzzle. The throne was empty. His gaze strayed around the room, until he found a heap of metal and fur lying on the floor in front of the throne. It was an easy 10-foot drop from perch to stone floor.

“Ahem...”

Darke coughed. The heap shook, then climbed up to its full height. A majestic wolf stood in front of him: Kernel Crayzed Wolf, the leader of The Wolf Revolution. Darke was his second paw man, a hired mercenary, but a good friend. His right arm, totally mechanical clanked and whirred quietly as the wolf flexed it. His fangs gleaming, and sticking slightly out from underneath his upper lip. He looked around, and his gaze met Darke.
“FOOL! YOU WOKE ME UP! THAT'S THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK!”

The massive wolf continued to roar on for about minutes, then stopped when he noticed Darke had lost interest and was once gazing around the room.
“Enough. What have you brought me?”

Darke reached into his pocket.

“These...they are the fangs from the Rat Pharaoh king. He is no longer a threat to our movement.”

Darke tossed the fangs to Kernel CW. CW looked them closely and even sniffed them. All of a sudden he tilted his head back and let out an evil, menacing laugh. Darke joined in with a victorious howl.

“Perfect...These will look nicely with my growing collection.”

CW walked over to a drawer below his throne on the stone slab with a little sign that said “collection of people that oppose me” on it, and opened it up. It was lined with thick padded velvet, and looked to have a number of fangs separated from their owners already in there. He added the new ones, and closed the drawer.

“Let us plan our next movement....”

A sinister howl filled the stone room, followed by another. Somewhere in the subterranean base, another wolf joined. Soon the whole mountain shook with the howls of The Wolf Revolution.

UNTIL NEXT TIME FOLKS! *salute* ~DW

Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story DarkeWolf. Not bad for being unedited. Shows the more sinister side of the nefarious Wolf Revolution, but still retains the humor that Adventure Kay has become associated with.

Good job and keep up the good work! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installment 11. The Cry of the Bungle

---------------------------

Tigermark shifted position once more on the water buffalo that was carrying him. The Limo had been abandoned earlier that day when the road ran out. The bouncing had been entertaining at first - at least when looking at Doctor Kayngi - but now he had a bad case of 'numb bumm'.

"That's an awfully fast pace they've set, Doctor," he griped. "What's that song they're singing to keep time?" He noticed Kayngi had been humming along.

"Most work songs in this part of the world are agrarian," she answered, "this being an agricultural based economy. Roughly, the lyrics translate into 'I need a brand new combine harvester, but I'm too poor, you see. Why don't we two get together, and rip one off for free?'"

Tigermark eyed his mount. "Not very law abiding are they."

"What law?" said Kay. "The only law here is Bungle law."

"Don't you mean 'Jungle' law? 'Eat or be eaten'?"

"Nope. Bungle Law. 'If things can go wrong, they will.' 'Bungle' is local dialect for 'Murphy'. Flood, famine, earthquake, you name it, this place has it. 'Dirt poor' is the high end of the social ladder here."

"Why do they live here then?"

"No lawyers - no one can afford one."

"In other words, it's paradise."

"You got it."

Tigermark then asked something else that had been puzzling him. "Doctor? I noticed that you didn't eliminate the Kolonel when you had the chance."

Kangi turned to him. "Would you have?"

"Can't say," answered Tigermark. "I don't know the circumstances."

"So there are circumstances under which you would deal out death?"

Tigermark was quiet for a long time.

"I'm sorry," said Kay. "I shouldn't have asked."

"No. No. It's a fair question," replied Tigermark. "It's just one that requires thought, and that's something I take comfort in. I don't think I would like the furson I would be if I found the answer too easy."

Kay nodded "Okay, I won't push it. Let's just say that eliminating the Kolonel would make things much harder for me, rather than easier. Enemies have friends - ones that aren't likely to forget. Right now, I'm an irritation to them. I don't wish to become a major objective. But enough of this! It's a nice enough day and the sun is warm upon our backs!"

"I wouldn't know about that," said Tigermark, wincing. "I stopped feeling my backside about ten rice-paddies back."

Suddenly both water buffalo stopped and dumped Kay and Tigermark unceremoniously to the ground.

"No go further, Sahib!" one water buffalo said, pointing to where the jungle rose in a solid wall beyond the last field. "Bad mumbo-jumbo!"

"What?" the two travelers asked.

"No go there, Sahib! Bad Mumbo-Jumbo!" said the other water buffalo, shaking his great horned head vigorously.

"What do you mean - bad mumbo-jumbo? Is that like bad JuJu?" asked Tigermark.

"Bad Mumbo-Jumbo!" cried both water buffalo, gesticulating wildly.

"Could either one of you be more specific?" demanded Kay.

The bigger one grabbed them both by the collars, and pulled them to within an inch of his snout.

"Let's put it THIS way! It has been posited by several highly-regarded world-class scientific institutions that a significant sector of the arboreal region spread out before us now may be under the influence of a hitherto unknown aberration in the fabric of quantum gravity and space-time, thus rendering null and void all know laws governing the normal behavior of matter, energy, space, and time!. Izzat specific enough for you, Sahib?"

"Bad mumbo-jumbo," said Kay. "Got it."

With that, the water buffalo headed for the opposite horizon and the two adventurer looked toward the forest.

"Ladies first?" asked Tigermark.

"That's kind of you," Kay answered with a hint of sarcasm. "Always the gentlefur."

"I try to be."

-------------------------------

They had entered the lush jungle two hours ago. It was dark, but not as gloomy as one might have expected. Even the windless heat was tolerable.

"Doesn't seem so bad in here," said Tigermark, looking around at the vaulted forest canopy.

"Not so bad? You're not the one who got a fish stuck in your ear when she fell into the creek." Kay shook her head again. "I can't believe how that thing affected my hearing. I could have sworn there were voices all around me." She unrolled the map and looked at it. "This way," she pointed, stuffing the map back in her shirt, and they started off again. Despite the calm, something about this place was bothering her. She'd felt it ever since they entered the jungle. She scratched a twinge in her chest.

What?

That twinge!

That's what she'd been feeling! Death was near!

Kay had her .44 Auto-mag out and a round chambered before she knew it.

"What is it?" hissed Tiger mark pulling out his .45.

"I don't know," whispered Kayngi, peering through the foliage. "Something... is very wrong here."

Sweat trickled down her face as the minutes ticked by.

Snap!

Two barrels pointed directly at... a squirrel... who screeched, spit nuts, emptied itself from every orifice, and fainted dead away.

Kay's eyes continued to dart around.

"I take it, that's not what's wrong," whispered Tigermark.

Kay shook her head, her chest hurting badly now. "There's something else here. Something..."

Without warning she whirled around and her .44 filled the air with deadly fire until it was empty. Tigermark had turned and emptied his 13 round clip as well.

But to no effect.

The giant black shape looming before them did not move. It merely resolved itself into a tall, hooded figure with a giant sickle.

"I HAVE COME!" boomed a terrible voice. A long, scabbed, and skeletal paw snaked out of the black robe and pointed directly at Kayngi. "FOR YOU!"

She felt her heart freeze, but Doctor Kayngi was made of sterner stuff. Her bullwhip was in her paw, and with a mighty snap, she wrapped the end around the skeletal paw and yanked.

The paw popped off and clattered to the forest floor.

"Hey! What didja do that for?" yelled the hooded figure.

"I will not die easily today, Mr. Death!"

"What? I'm not here to kill anyone!"

Kay stared and tried to get her heart to slow down. "But... But you're Death, aren't you?"

"Yes! I am Death - Maynard Death."

"Maynard Death? Then...you're not the Grim Reaper?"

"No! My brother, Al, got that job. I'm just the Mildly Irritating Reaper." He picked up his paw, jammed it back onto his wrist upside down, and opened a rotting roll of parchment. He looked at it for a bit before turning it around to Kay.

"I'm here to give you a bad day. Sign here, please."

"I'm already having a bad day, thank you!" yelled Kay. "What if I don't sign?"

"Then I refer the matter to the collections department," rumbled Maynard.

"Lemme guess," said Kay. "Al's in charge of the collections department."

"You got it."

She signed and threw the quill back at Maynard. "How come I don't see you every time I have a bad day?"

"You do," said the figure. "You just don't remember." He waved a skeletal paw and a fog flowed through Kayngi's brain.

She blinked.

"Doesn't seem so bad in here," said Tigermark, looking around at the vaulted forest canopy.

"Not so bad? You're not the one who got a fish stuck in your ear when she fell into the creek." Kay shook her head again. "Come on, let's move. I got a feeling that this is going to turn into a really bad day."

-----------------------------

Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Story Darke Very Happy

Twisted Evil Installment 11 hehe the mildly annoying reaper?!?! No escaping a bad day.

Av by GreyCat
Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installment 12: Sometimes Bad be Good

----------------------------------------

They'd been walking in the Jungle for quite a while now and Dr. Kayngi still couldn't seem to shake the feeling. It was like she was being watched. And there was something right on the edge of her memory - something she could almost hear - like a voice saying "You just never remember." Finally, out of the corner of her eye, she seemed to see a darker patch of forest that disappeared when she turned to it.

What had the water buffalo said? This place didn't behave in the normal way. Bad mumbo-jumbo? What the hell. Magic was worth a try - in this place, anyway. Kayngi slowly slipped her vision toward the darkness in her peripheral vision. With a very soft whisper she mumbled a few words.

"Hocus-pocus, I need focus."

The darkness resolved itself into a shape and Kay's memory came rushing back.

"Maynard!"

The hooded figure jumped a foot. "DAMN!! Don't scare me like that!"

Then it cocked its hooded head. "Hey! How can you see me?" It quickly waved its skeletal paw and Kayngi felt the fog slip into her brain - and slide right out again.

"No dice, Maynard. I can still see you."

"Who are you talking to, Doctor?" asked Tigermark, but she silenced him with a signal.

The hooded figure tried his spell again, but when it failed once more, Maynard started swearing a blue streak.

Suddenly, a humongous booming voice shook Kay right down to her bones.

"MAYNARD! WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT USING MY NAME IN VAIN? "

"Eep!" Maynard crumpled and cringed. "Sorry boss."

"What was that?" whispered Tigermark, his .45 Auto Estate in his paw. "I thought I heard something!"

"You did," hissed Kay. "I'll explain later. Just don't question anything I do or say right now, Okay?"

"This is your show," Tigermark said, a hint of doubt in his voice.

Kay turned to the still cowering hooded figure.

"Get up Maynard, I can see you. There's nothing you can do about it. You're supposed to give me a bad day today, but you ain't your brother Al, so I guess I can live with it."

"You'll have too. It's a binding contract," answered Maynard, standing up slowly. "But this is all highly irregular."

"Yeah," Kay smirked. "You've never had to worry about someone watching you pull off your shenanigans before, have you?"

"Aw, come on. Gimme a break. I got quotas and standards to meet too, you know."

"My heart bleeds for you." Kay turned to Tigermark. "Looks like we have an invisible traveling partner. The Buffalo boys were right. This place definitely is screwed up."
Tigermark looked around. "What kind if a thing are we talking about here?"

"Thing! I'm no 'thing'!" cried Maynard, advancing on Tigermark.

"Back off, Joy-boy!" yelled Kay. "Tigermark isn't in the contract! I'm your 'Date for a Day'."

Maynard growled and looked grumpy - for something with no face.

Kay shook her head and looked to Tigermark. "Our Mildly Annoying invisible partner is my problem. You should be okay, though."

"Ooookaayyy," said the white tiger, holstering his .45.

She looked back and forth between the two of them. "Males," she muttered and turned away. She'd walked several paced before she noticed she wasn't being followed. Stopping, she looked back at them.

"Well? Let's get moving!"

----------------------------------------

Four shapes stood across the entrance into a giant pyramid-shaped hill.

"So those are The Guardians of Creamy Goodness shown here on the map," Kayngi frowned. "Somehow we've got to get past them. The Claw is supposed to be inside."

The Guardians were huge - like giant, round boulders, 10 feet across. Each was a different bright color, and though their arms and legs looked spindly, they appeared to easily support their bulk. All were plainly sentient and were scanning their surroundings with huge, menacing eyes. Suddenly, they began to roar in unison beating their little fists on what was obviously an extremely tough outer shell.

"MOUTH, NOT HAND! MOUTH, NOT HAND!"

"What does that mean?" asked Tigermark over the din. "And what are those markings on them? They almost look like letters, but they're smudged.

"I don't know," said Kayngi. "What say we find out how tough those shells really are."

Tigermark nodded and they both stood up from their hiding place, cutting loose with a volley of fire. A roar came from the guardians, and suddenly bricks, rocks, and tree trunks, were flying through the air. The guardians were charging as a unit, picking up anything in their path and hurling it at their attackers. Kay and Tigermark scrambled out of the way and headed for the jungle. Fortunately, they weren't followed far. Apparently, the guardians would not stray much from their gate.

At a safe distance, they stopped to catch their breath and Kay heard a sort of cackling.

"What are you laughing at?" she groused.

"I'm not laughing," said Tigermark. "Oh. You're talking to Maynard again."

Tigermark had told Kay that he had finally come to the conclusion that she wasn't crazy. She'd spotted Maynard setting traps and pitfalls that no one could have spotted beforehand, and as a result, they had successfully negotiated them. Tigermark couldn't deny that Kay was seeing 'something' helpful.

"You are finally having a hard time of it, eh?" chuckled Maynard. "This is not going well, is it."

Kay regarded Maynard with a scowl, but quickly softened it. "I wouldn't say that. All in all, I'd say you were of enormous help today. It went a lot better than I expected. I think we'll just call it a day and attack the Guardian problem tomorrow."

Maynard made a choking noise. "Aw, come on! That's not fair!"

"Tough! Maynard. Now maybe you know how a bad day feels!"

She ignored the griping Reaper and turned to Tigermark, whispering, "We're not going to have any better luck tomorrow than right now, and I'm betting our buddy here, may still be of value. Let's go back to the gate and check for damage."

She stood up. "Alright Maynard. Come on, then. We're going to try again now. Maybe you can get a few more yuks in before the sun sets."

They headed back to the clearing in front of the gate. When they reached it, the guardians were back in place, but Kay immediately noticed a difference. One of the guardians now had a crack in its outer shell. However it was only a small one. She checked her ammo supply and sighed.

"There's no way we're going to blast our way through."

Tigermark agreed. "I didn't pack for a pitched battle. I've only got two clips left."

Kayngi peered back at the guardian with the crack. It was large enough in one place to expose what was underneath. Kay peered closer. There was something brown there. Could it be?

Just then. Kayngi caught a whiff of a familiar scent on the air and it confirmed her suspicions.

Bingo!

She smiled and stood up.

"Well nothing more to do here this evening. Might as well head back to that nice stream we saw a while back and enjoy ourselves before we hit the sack."

"What?" choked Maynard. "You're not gonna try again? Aw, man. This really sucks."

Kay turned to the Reaper and cocked her head.

"Maynard. You've been here all day to give me a bad day, right?"

The glum, Reaper nodded slowly. "Yeah, but nothing I've tried has worked! How can it when you're watching me? Al is gonna be so pissed at me."

Kay folded her arms across her chest and gave Maynard her severest look. "I'm not totally blind to your dilemma, and unlike what you would have done, I'm going to give you one more chance to make your quota for the day - one more chance to make me miserable."

"Just one?" Maynard groused.

"Don't go asking for trouble, Kay," cautioned Tigermark, who had picked up the gist of the conversation, even though he could hear only one side. Kay signaled him to be quiet before turning back to the Reaper.

"Maynard? I think I can safely say what I propose will make up for all the other missed opportunities today." She leaned toward the hooded figure and whispered something. "Can you do it?" she added at the end.

Immediately, Maynard's hood started bouncing up and down. "Ooooo. Yes. Yes. Yes! No problem. That would be great! Thank you!"

Kay turned to Tigermark. "Whatever happens, stay out of the way. My invisible friend is about to do something to me."

Tigermark raised a paw, but lowered it at Kay's determined expression. She turned back to Maynard. "Alright. Let's get it over with."

Maynard Death stood up confidently to his full, menacing height and cleared his throat. Then he pointed his scabby paw at Kay.

"Dr. Kayngi. I, Maynard Death, the now very gleeful Slightly Annoying Reaper, give you... P.M.S.! "

Kay's expression changed in a flash. Her features darkened, and Tigermark backed off.

"Uh-oh. Whatever just happened Kay, I don't think it was such a good idea."

But Kay wasn't looking at him or Maynard any more. She was looking past them across the clearing to the gate and the Guardians. She stood up, shaking.

Then in a voice that boomed across the clearing, she screamed.

"Give.... me... CHOCOLATE!"

The overblown M&M guardians didn't stand a chance.

------------------------

Cirrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...o.O Maxx thats some Kick ass art dude

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aramis Dagaz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as usual Cirrel.

Hell hath no fury as a woman on PMS. That's scary...

Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Falls over laughing* LOLOLOL!!! Brilliant Cirrel!!! CHOCOLATE!!!! *attacks*
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hands Kay a box of chocolates*

Plot convenient, am I not?

Current GB rating: 3750 GP (Silver Axe)
Current Guild Rating: 10/20

Beware... My battlecry
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dear Lord! Cirrel, that's priceless! I saw it coming and I still had to ROFL!!!!

Kayngi, thanks for being a great sport and going along for the ride with this, And thanks for bringing me along, LOL.

Darke, I like your story. Nice intro for your character. Keep up the great writing!

Tigermark (This is waaay too much fun!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL oooh boy. never get between a woman and her chocolate. Tigermark may be introuble after she gets her chocolate. Twisted Evil

Av by GreyCat
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, Tigermarks black and white stripes allow him to blend in with the surroundings of shadow and light. And he's a marrried fur, which means he's good at appeasement and soothing the savage PMSing femme with soothing words and backrubs, or at running, ducking and hiding, whichever works, LOL

TM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Adventure Kay All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: