Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawing with the graphics pad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instalment number three of Kay and the Claw of Karnak.

Sombody else really needs to put in their two cents worth here. And Maxx! If this gets out of paw, maybe it needs a different thread?

----------------------------------------

"Know where you're going to start looking for the Claw of Karnak?" asked Cirrel. He pointed to the mass of books behind Kayngi's desk. "Might be something in those that would help."

Kay nodded. "While you're looking at the dead-tree information storage systems, I'll contact a few furs who might know something." She pulled a cell phone from her pocket and punched in a number. After a moment, a fur answered.

"Mapper's Art Emporium and Army for Hire. We can wreak Art or Armageddon. Looking at bare walls? We decorate 'em and destroy 'em all in the same day! What can I do for ya?"

"No pictures or precision attacks today. Mapper. I'm looking for information."

"Dr Kayngi! Nice to hear from you. What do you need."

"I need to know if you can find out the present whereabouts of a certain armored Kolonel we're both familiar with."

"Ahh, Kolonel C.W. eh? I don't know where he is off-paw, but I have some contacts I can ask. So what does our metal-armed friend have up his sleeve this time... besides an oil leak?"

"It seems he wants a new fashion accessory to add to his collection of exchangeable paws... something called the Claw of Karnak. Ever hear of it?"

"Nope. But since you're involved, I take it this Claw is more than just a nail clipping from some poor slob named Karnak."

"Too true," answered Kay. "It's an ancient artifact that supposed to make the wearer invincible in combat."

"Sounds dangerous in the wrong paws... or should I say 'on' the wrong paw. But since it's ancient, would this Claw be familiar with modern warfare technology? We're a bit past the 'sticks and stones' stage, ya know."

"I couldn't say, but then our Kolonel may not want it for pitched battles. Maybe he only needs it to clobber individual adversaries. In any case, could you see if you can locate him? I'm gonna go for the Claw myself, and it's always nice to have the enemy where I can see him."

"Yep. They're easier to annihilate that way. I'll see what I can do and get back to you. If you need us for anything else, don't hesitate to use the Badger Signal and we'll show up - mushrooms and all."

Kay winced as Mapper cut the connection. That Badger Signal itself was enough to drive most adversaries insane. Mapper just showed up afterwards to clean up the quivering bodies. She thought a bit and then punched in another phone number. Kay smiled when another fur answered.

"Hello. Skunk Fox here. How may I molest you?"

"As little as possible SF."

"Dr. Kayngi! So nice to hear from you! Well, since you won't let me glom you directly, I'll just fiddle with my life-sized Adventure Kay rubber bobble-head figure here. So soft, so life-like, so bobbley..."

"Earth to Skunk Fox."

"Hmmm? Oh. Sorry Doctor. Got carried away with your wobbliness there."

"Always the charmer SF. Anyway, I need a favor."

"Anything for my delightfully gelatinous friend, Doctor."

"Since you are a master of forum free-for-alls, I need you to check out a Role-Playing-Game acquaintance of mine called 'Red Tail'."

"Red Tail? Nice name. I take it he likes getting his backside paddled?"

"I wouldn't know, but I'm sure you can find out. In fact, I'd like you to find out as much as you can about him, especially his real life location. The RPG he hangs out at is on EZBoard, .and it's called the Magical, Endless, Get Awesome Stuff to Kick Unsuspecting Newbie's Knuts off Quest - or MEGA-SKUNK for short. I'm sure you'll love it.

"Sounds like my kind of RPG."

"Thanks. I need that info as soon as you can get it..... Skunky? Hello?"

"Sorry, Doc. My imagination just took me someplace nobody should go... but it was fun."

"SF, drop your latex lady and go to the computer, now! MEGA-SKUNK is calling."

"Ah yes, the Call of the Wild... and the Insane... and the Squishy. Okay! I'm off to poison the minds of some unsuspecting, but no doubt deserving, furs. Later, Doctor."

Kayngi switched off her cell phone and stuffed it into her shirt pocket before turning back to Professor Cirrel. "Anything?"

Cirrel nodded and pointed to the dusty book he was reading. "According to Google's 'Ancient Artifacts 'R' Us' the Claw of Karnak was last known to be in Bang-La-Desh, a country named after its first ruler - some French colonialist guy named 'Desh'. It's on the border of In-Dia.

"Who was In Dia?" Kay said, giving the required responce.

"According to legend, everyfur and his brother. Dia was one hot Hindi goddess."

"My kind of diety," smirked Kay.

"There's also a reference here to the Claw possibly being in Pack-Estan," continued Cirrel.

"Which was named after its first ruler, some Spanish colonialist twit named 'Estan'."

Cirrel closed the book and smiled. "So my lectures weren't for naught. You actually listened when you were in my class."

"At least when I wasn't looking at your cute butt," Kay commented, grinning evilly.

Cirrel raised an eyebrow and swished his tail. "Wish I would have known that back then."

"All you had to do was turn around and look, Professor, but you were always so fascinated by what you were writing on the board." Kay smiled - a grateful smile this time. "And so was I. That's why I got into archeology."

"So, I'm the cause of you going off on these jaunts and giving me gray hair?"

"Yep. All your fault, Professor," said Kayngi as she pulled another book from the bookcase and began leafing through it. "And I learned something else from you, too. Always do your homework. That way, when surprises come up later, you're prepared."

-----------------------------------------

Cirrel - "The fertile mind is a terrible thing to waste - think of all the mushrooms it can sprout."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too funny. Great work Cirrel.

Cirrel wrote:
Mapper's Art Emporium and Army for Hire. We can wreak Art or Armageddon. Looking at bare walls? We decorate 'em and destroy 'em all in the same day!

I suppose the Communists were right: artists are out to destory society. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel, you are having too much fun! Weeeeeeeeee! This is getting good!
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had been around when this started...
Mapper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL excellent. Very Happy I love the description of our fire for hire. DnD Decorate and destroy. Having a blast reading each installment. Keep em coming!!
I do agree that these might need there own section for ease of finding. Maybe in the life at PlanetFurry forum being this is taking on a life.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stuff just keeps coming! Oh well. Installment four of Dr. Kay and the Claw of Karnak.

-------------------------------------

It had been a long day, what with all the research she and Professor Cirrel had done on the Claw of Karnak. It was now time to relax a bit before heading home to pack for the trip. Dr. Kayngi stepped into the 'Snoot Full', a bar across from campus and found a quiet table near the back before ordering a Mud Slide. She had just been served when she noticed a movement out of the corner of her eye.

The dragon-like figure drifted slowly out of the shadows and came to loom over her. Its slitted eyes burned with a cold green light, and a wisp of smoke drifted from the corner of its mouth. Both nostrils seemed to have corks in them.

Instantly alert, Kay moved her paw to the holster with the .44 auto-mag. "And what do you want."

The dragon's mouth opened to reveal rows of gleaming gold teeth. "I hab bed boughd to dis plade to gib you a wardig."

"Pardon?" asked Kay.

The dragon blinked and looked cross-eyed at its snout. "Sowwy bow dat." It removed the corks in it's nose and immediately sneezed. The table next to them burst into flames and several furs screamed while others tried to douse the blaze with their pitchers of pilsner.

Kay eyed him cooly. "You were saying something before you toasted the furniture?"

The dragon returned its haunting gaze back to her. "The corks are a precaution. I do try to be careful, but..." It shrugged. "As to my message, I have been brought to this plane to give you a warning."

"We're not on a 'plane', Mr. Aim-n-Flame. We're in a bar - one that's a lot smokier than it was before."

The lofty dragon's golden eyes darted about for a moment. "Um...yes. Well then, I've been brought to this noisy, smelly, overpriced, drink establishment to give you a warning."

"I hope it's not the one about the lady's toilet here. I've already been given that one."

The dragon looked mournful. "Well, that was the main one, but I have another warning for you around here somewhere." The dragon opened the pouch around its waist and drew out several jewel encrusted warning signs. One was a ruby covered 'Danger. Flammable' sign, another was a giant, yellow topaz in the shape of a 'Yield to My Power' sign, and a third was a beautifully enameled 'Do not operate under the influence of the planet Mars' placard. Finally the dragon withdrew a ragged piece of parchment.

"Here it is, but I must demand payment for a second message."

"How much?"

The dragon eyed the contents of the bar. "A gallon of paint thinner should do."

Kay signaled to the barkeep. "A gallon of 'Old Handyman' for my friend here."

Reluctantly, the barkeep served the dragon who downed the volatile liquid in one gulp. Then it belched flame - which set off the sprinkler system - which doused the patrons - which made the whole place smell like wet pooch.

"You got your drink," grumbled Kay, shaking the water from her hair and trying not to gag. "Now let's have the message."

The dragon cleared its throat, and Kay patted out the flames where the spittle set the tablecloth on fire.

"Ahem. Here goes then," the dragon said, ominously. "Be thee warned, mortal. Beware the Boot of Karnak!"

"The what?" exclaimed Kay.

"The Boot of Karnak," repeated the dragon.

"What's this about Karnak and his wardrobe? What's next? His athletic supporter? Are you sure it says 'Boot', and not 'Claw'?"

The dragon looked closely at the wet parchment, turning it back and forth. "I suppose it could say 'Beware the Poot of Karnak', but that would imply a serious gas problem."

"Not unlike someone else we know," mumbled Kay.

The dragon replaced all the items back in its pouch and bowed. "I have given my messages, and now I must leave you," it said, moving slowly back into the shadows. Suddenly, there was a brilliant flash, and smoke billowed out of the corner.

Kay thought it smelled amazingly like a beer fart.

-----------------------------

Cirrel - More to come as it drains from my brain.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote our Heroine "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". excellent Cirrel Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after reading this I kinda felt like adding something of my own to the Adventure Kay series... I wasn't sure if I should, since I'd feel like begging for attention (and yes, I still do) but I did it anyway.

Another problem was that this series, while I really like the art, has a certain 'rediculous' (no offense... I'm lacking a better word) kind of humor I'm most incompatible with. Ergo, my story got kinda serious. Still I hope it fits to the series.

Oh, one more thing. I just played through Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and that kinda affected the story. Just wanted to let you know

Well, I hope all of you who read it will enjoy this (very) little story, and please forgive me the grammar and spelling errors. I was in a hurry.

------------------------------------------------

The Dagger of Time

An Adventure Kay (very) short story by Tygon Panthera

This story is © 2004 by Marc-Dennis Horn. This story may not be sold or used for commercial profit in any form or fashion. This story may not be modified in any way. This story may not be posted on a mirror site or any other Internet site without the written permission of the author. This story may not be distributed on print, magnetic, electrical, optical or any other mediums.

California Kay is © by Kayngi
Victoria Maine-Panthera is © by Joshua Fox
All other characters are © by Marc-Dennis Horn

The Dagger of Time is from the video game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

“Sir, you have a visitor.”

Tygon Pantera, Lord and owner of Panthera Estate looked up from his breakfast, eyeing his butler for a moment. Then he threw a glance at his wife, but Victoria only shrugged. “This early...” he murmured. “Very strange. Who is it?”

“Dr. Kayngi, from Furney College, Sir,” the vulpine butler replied.

Tygon’s expression immediately brightened. “Ah, finally some good news. Please guide her to my office. We will meet her there.”

“Very well, Sir,” the butler said a left the room after a bow.

“Come, dear,” Tygon said, helping his wife up after the butler was gone. “If Dr. Kayngi comes with good news the next minutes could prove to be quite interesting.”

Together the two felines moved through the room and hallways of Panthera Castle until they reached Tygon’s office. They had only just arrived as a knock at the main doors echoed through the room.

“Please come in,” Tygon said, just loud enough to be heard on the other side of the doors, which opened immediately. The Butler entered, followed by a brown feline in a gray suit.

“Ah, Dr. Kayngi,” Tygon said in a friendly voice. “I’m so glad to see you. I take you bring good news.”

“Not only that, Mr. Panthera,” the feline replied. “Ma’am,” she said with a nod to Victoria before she stepped forward to Tygon’s huge desk and put the briefcase she was carrying on it. With quite movements she opened the locks and then stepped back.

Tygon was immediately over it, his paws grabbing the lid and after a moment of hesitation he pulled it open. He blinked in surprise as a soft light reached his eyes. “You really did it,” the large feline whispered as he stared at the exotically curved blade that rested inside of the briefcase. “The Dagger of Time.”

“I had to dig up half Arabia to find even just a good hint to its location,” Kay said, standing behind Tygon.

“You’ll of course be suitable rewarded for your work, Dr. Kayngi,” he said, still adoring the weapon. “Would you take care of the, dear?”

“Of course,” Victoria said and with slow movements walked around the desk. She opened a drawer and pulled out a small book of checks. The Maine Coon Cat quickly scribbled a few words and numbers onto it before she signed it. “There you go,” she said, handing the check to Kay. “The College will receive a donation about a similar amount within the next days.”

“Excellent,” the other feline replied, smiling as she put the check safely into the inner pocket of her suit. “I trust our agreement still stands,” Kay went on, turning to Tygon. “You will lend the Dagger to the Furnet College for our Arabian Collection.”

“Of course,” Tygon replied. He stared at the dagger for some more time. “I wonder if the legends about its abilities are true as well...” he mused before he turned around to face Kay.

“Aside the glowing it never did anything strange while it was in my possession. So, I guess we will never know,” Kay said, still smiling. “Goodbye, Mr. Panthera. Mrs. Panthera.”

“Goodbye, Dr. Kayngi,” Tygon said, his paw moving behind his back, fingers wrapping around the dagger’s handle. “We will never know,” he whispered with an evil smile.

“Pardon?” Kay said, turning around just in time to see Tygon throw the Dagger in the air, the weapon flying high before it sunk down again and the striped lion caught the blade between his fingers. Then, with a movement like lightning he threw the Dagger at her. Kay could only gasp, everything happening much to fast. Her body rocked as the Dagger of Time hit her, burying itself deep into her chest. The only sound the feline made was an odd gurgle while she started at Tygon in disbelieve before she fell backwards.

California Kay was dead before her body hit the ground, the handle of the Dagger sticking out of her chest. Victoria too gasped in surprise but Tygon grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the dead archeologist.

“You’ll like this, dear,” he said as he kneeled down beside Kay’s body and yanked the Dagger of Time out of her chest. He quickly cleaned it from her blood on her suit and then stood up again. “Come closer, dear.” The larger feline wrapped his arm around Victoria and pulled her close. Then he looked at the Dagger of Time and suddenly the world warped around them. To her own amazement Victoria could feel how they walked backwards and then witnessed how Kay’s body slowly rose. The Dagger slit out of her chest, leaving on wound behind. The weapon flew backwards until it reached Tygon’s right paw. From there it jumped to the left, which put it back into the suitcase.

“...will never know,” Kay said, still smiling. “Goodbye, Mr. Panthera. Mrs. Panthera.”

“Goodbye, Dr. Kayngi,” Tygon said, his paw moving behind his back, fingers wrapping around Victoria’s paw. “You will never know,” he whispered with an evil smile.

The end... I think.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it! Suitably sinister, there Tygon. No hero is invulnerable, and but for a single decision in time, things can be soooo different.

But here is a strange question. Can the dagger of time truely kill anyone? Perhaps it merely sets its victims *outside* time untill a fur with the knowledge of how to call them back posesses the dagger.

Interesting.

Cirrel

Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really recommend playing Prince of Percia: Sands of time...

trully amazing game...

basically homever possesses the dagger can rewind time.

It's a very interesting concept.

And very cool short story T. hoozah!

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installment 5 of Dr. Kay and the Claw of Karnak.
My thanks to Tygon for the idea.

------------------------------

Kayngi thanked the powers that were for drip-dry clothes. She was almost presentable when she reached the Furnet University Museum. When she walked in the door, she was surprised to see an old gray raccoon behind the reception desk.

"Mike! What are you doing here? How did they ever pry you away from your beloved Library?"

The raccoon looked up from the book he was reading. "Hello Professor. I'm just filling in for the regular curator this evening. As to how they 'pried' me away from the University Library? That was easy. I like it here too. You must remember that artifacts are just 'books' written in a different dialect. They can tell you many things. You should know that. After all, you speak their language."

"A truer word was never spoken, my friend." Kay smiled. Mike had been invaluable to her numerous times when she'd needed information from the library. "I thank you for your counsel whenever I'm lucky enough to receive it. It bears the wisdom of many winters."

"In other words, I'm an old fart."

"But a nice one."

Mike chuckled. "So, what brings you to the museum this evening? Research?"

Kay looked off toward the east wing and absently rubbed her chest. "Sort of." she said in a far away voice. "Actually, I've come to see an old friend."

"I haven't seen anyone head toward the east wing this evening, Will they be showing up later or have they been here all day?"

"They were here before you came," said Kay. "I'll just show myself in. See you later."

Mike waved her past and she started for the east wing. As she walked, the twinge in her chest grew stronger, but rather than being alarmed, Kay felt a renewed sense of security. She always did, and that's why she came here every time before going out on one of her little 'jaunts'.

The twinge progressed into a true pain as she entered the east wing, but she kept walking. It was easy to ignore the pain. She knew where it came from, and she was grateful for it. It had saved her life many times. Finally she reached the far end of a long vaulted room. A single pedestal there supported a glass case and she stepped up to it - the pain in her chest, a burning now.

"Hello there, old friend" she said, running her fingers along the glass of the case. "I told him I didn't know what you were for, but that wasn't the whole truth. I had my suspicions and I thought he might do what he did. So now, no matter where I am, whenever death is near, you warn me with a convenient twinge in the chest - a premonition of the death I experienced, yet never did. I will have to thank Tygon Panthera someday."

Kay unlocked the glass case with a special key she'd had made, and despite the fierce burning it caused, reverently touched the artifact within.

It was the Dagger of Time.

---------------------------------------

Cirrel - the adventure continues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is starting to get really interesting. It's quite fascinating to watch a character in the process of taking on a life of it's own.

Great job, Tygon and Cirrel! Keep up the good work!

Mapper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Im going to have to wait till i get off work to read more. Very Happy Looking forward to it.

Av by GreyCat
Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm back in town again. Caught up on everything. LOL! Man alive, I leave you males along for ONE NIGHT...and look what happenes... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Fun to be had! All sorts of interesting bits and bobs going on! Maxx...what have we spawned?? LOL!

I have a short story brewing in my head. I hope to type it up tomorrow, though we'll see how long it will be. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! If it goes like I think it will...I see a series happening... LOL!

Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Luxo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be some interesting to see. Many good writers, joining their 'forces' to make the best story so far. I can't wait ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Adventure Kay All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: