Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My muse either loves me or hates me
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: My muse either loves me or hates me Reply with quote

Because I'm writing two different Harry Potter stories. Simultaneously.

The first one I started will not see the light of day until Galadrion decides that his is ready for public consumption. There is a small group proofing that one right now, and there don't appear to have been any complaints. (I've stated in other places why I won't post it Galadrion, but on the off chance you haven't seen it - you and I shared a lot of ideas, and at least one of the things you did made me smack my forehead with my palm and say "Duh!". Since I was the one copying things from you, I will not post first and have people who read yours thinking even subconsciously that you copied me.)

As for the second one - well, that's why I'm posting here. Its working title, until Chapter Three, is Harry Potter and the Gratuitous Cross-over. The title may be humourous, but the story is not a comedy. Even my copyright statement hides whose world I cross over with, unless you happen to be extremely well read.

Um, you just described everyone who reads your stuff, you know that?

Grant me some fantasy that they might not figure it out.

Anyway, I've posted it at www.kinsfire.com on the Stories Page. More precisely, a link to the Page that will hopefully someday cover BOTH HP stories.

Feel free, by the way, to play with the prophecy in the first chapter. I'd like to know how fast people solve it, and which was the easiest to solve.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor edits made to the chapter. (Things like "to hot" becoming the proper "too hot"...Laughing)
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! got a chance to read your HP fanfic last night, and i liked it quite a bit, altho, i just have one comment... its too short Sad I kinda like HP fanfics, specially since Fish pointed me to Schnoogle.

But, the point is, your story is good, and i hope to see more of it in the near future Smile Good job man.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's put it this way - I'm near completion on Chapter 2, and I think you'll see that, once you know what the Gratuitous Crossover is with (i.e. - the other story), you'll see that the whole durn thing is mostly plotted already! (Make changes here and there to take into account young wizards in place of the characters they're replacing, but basically the same. Heh-heh-heh...)

I'm realizing, even with all the same basic scenes, this thing will prove the phrase "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

I'll stop being coy about what I'm talking about after I post chapter 2. At the moment, though, I'm still keeping a sense of mystery, such as it is. Very Happy

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, this will probably be the second-fastest written multi-chapter story I ever wrote. (The fastest was November's NaNoWriMo attempt, Spoils, [blatant plug]which is still available in PDF format on my website![/blatant plug]
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, folks - Chapter two is up now.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and now Chapter 3...

One a day - I like posting chapters at this speed...Laughing

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4 - Draco Malfoy, Lord of the Ring is now posted...
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Kinsfire is having way too much fun twisting things in this story! *Low, evil laugh* And I love it!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Cateagle, how could you say something like that about me?

Maybe 'cause it's true?

Shush, you.

I don't think I'm going to take as long to write mine as the guy whose story drove me to write this took - his took over two years. I'm on Chapter 5 after five days in.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, Kins!
Long Time, No Posts...

Yeah... I know how you feel...
Just started story #4, if you can call it that; but I've been doing it on my old Palm Pilot, only to have realize that I cant seem to find my sync cable, and may have to loose or rewrite 3 whole chapters... Evil or Very Mad

DA PAIN! DA PAIN!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Shadu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of saving this story for a while but seeing as you have such an inspiration boost i guess i'll give it a go. good reviews are good incentive... Very Happy besides its a good way to keep in touch with hary while i wait for the next book. Laughing
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 6 - Weathertop has been posted.

Yes, if you know LOTR, it's that ugly...

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention it earlier, because I posted at (mumble-mumble) in the morning - Chapter 7 is up.

Chapter Eight is going to be a short while - not because I'm putting it on hold, but because there's a LOT to go in there, and I can only type so fast, especially when I have annoyances like work to get in my way.

It's coming, though, no fear on that.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 8 is up. I'm working on Chapter nine.

Nine may be interesting, because there might be a Behind the Curtain scene, that if ever posted, will only go on the KAB, when I get it working again. (Which is imminent, if the problem I've been having is the one I think it was...Laughing)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: