Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yahoo Mail flags Planetfurry.com stuff as Junkmail =(

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadrim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Yahoo Mail flags Planetfurry.com stuff as Junkmail =( Reply with quote

Just letting you know, I had signed up for a forum and never got the conformation email. I found it in my overflowing bulk folder 8(
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm my yahoo sent confirm normal but my private messages show up in bulk but thats ok i keep a clean bulk the only thing is i don't get the instant email notifications.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you forward one of the messages that are marked as spam/bulk mail to [email protected]? I want to look through the headers to see if there is anything that is triggering Yahoo to do this, so make sure the message is intact if at all possible.

I've checked over a dozen RBL's and SBL's and none of the servers Planetfurry use are listed or mentioned.

More than likely either there is something in the headers that is triggering Yahoo's spam checker, among others, to mark it as spam or bulk mail, or someone reported a message from Planetfurry as spam to Yahoo's proprietary SBL.
Mapper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire me off a private message all mine get purged from yahoo bulk after reading. Im at work so it will be sometime saturday for me to respond.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... my hotmail is now flagging my private messages as junk mail. At least with msn i know you can tell it what is and what is not junk mail.

Do you want me to forward you a copy Whip?

Shar

Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shar wrote:
Actually... my hotmail is now flagging my private messages as junk mail. At least with msn i know you can tell it what is and what is not junk mail.

Do you want me to forward you a copy Whip?

Shar

No, that's okay. The problem is with Yahoo and Hotmail's spam checking software. Just about anyone running phpBB2 (among other BBS's) are having the same problem. I suggest sending complaints Yahoo and Hotmail's customer support.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: