Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok Ok...Since Kath was the FLASH last night.....Chapter 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Ok Ok...Since Kath was the FLASH last night.....Chapter 20 Reply with quote

Wink

Kathmandu must have had his wings on last night for he fired chapter 20 back at me so fast my head spun....going what!!!!!!! Shocked

I debated whether or not to post it ......and after careful thought.....i said

What the hey.....ur my fans and you won't mind LOL

Soooooooooo

Here is chapter 20.....a huge revelation.....

READER WARNING!!!

I am not responsible for the headaches caused by this chapter....

Signed Cheetaur

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison

Last edited by mfwhite on Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Chapter 20...Woo wee that was fast Reply with quote

Chapter 20: I Left My DeLorean At Home.

Afain returned to the ship, her concerns for the escapee had now been put aside and had turned to her mate; Kira.

Kira, Lyja and the others were now awake but complaining of mammoth headaches. Afain struggled with her emotions. Seeing her mate not well stirred something within her as she hugged and nestled against Kira.
"Afain, I'm all right, just woozy right now. I'm going to be fine, Tolare assures me of that."

"I…I… just don't want to loose you again." Afain cried.

Kira wiped away her tears, "Well I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Now do you know what happened?"

Cleo interrupted, "I believe I can answer that, the latest logs on the ship are now available to me. It seems the Alien known as Swallow was able to shut down the some of the sensors and tamper with atmospheric parameters. After that, she moved to the engineering and maintenance robots and destroyed their memory cores attempting to strand us here forever. Good thing she didn't know about Lyja. Then she quickly moved to the shuttle bay, taking some of her things with her then flew off. Her last known position was where she made a star jump."

"A star jump; where to?"

"That I will have to wait for, details will show through the point of entry for awhile yet, it will give me the exact measurement as to where it emerged. Although I must go to the source to get the most accurate readings and the process will take some time."

"How long Cleo?" Afain asked.

"A period of several months."

"Great, we can't stay around here for that long."

"Then it would be best that you pick me up when you return here."

"Cleo, I won't abandon you."

"You are not abandoning me, you will pick me up when you return."

"Cleo…"

"Do not fear for me Afain, there is no danger out there I cannot handle. Now, may I go to complete my mission?"

"Go Cleo, we will be back for you."

"I know you will." It began to construct a drone for Afain, one with protective capabilities.

Endora and the others had been sitting quietly listening to the conversation that the Aliens were having, it seemed that something had happened but she wasn't sure what. They all felt out of place here, this wasn't anything they were used to and some had concerns with certain details of this trip. It was time to ask and she stepped forward.

"Afain, what has happened here?" Endora said.

The translator kicked in once again for her to explain, "I apologize Alien Endora, it seems the Alien known as Swallow has escaped with one of our ships. We are trying to find out what happened."

Endora stepped in front of the small sphere that was about to float away. "Wait machine Cleo."

It stopped and addressed her, although it didn't really have to. "Yes Alien Endora."

"Swallow supposedly did all this?!!!"

"Yes the Alien known as Swallow." Its voice didn't waver higher or lower in fact it was quite calm.

Even though she had seen what Swallow had become she was sure she wouldn't harm these creatures; it wasn't her nature. The whole idea of her of escaping was ludicrous, she didn't even know how to drive let alone fly a space craft! "It's not possible, she wouldn't harm anyone…!!!!" She said angrily, "And she wouldn't have a clue as to flying a space craft!!"

Tolare moved in to try and calm the Alien before things got out of control, "Alien Endora…calm yourself please, it is understood it wasn't who you remember; she was being controlled of that I am sure."

Endora turned her head to look at the young Alien, "You are?"

"Yes, we have discussed this with the other being that's here. I think you should talk with her. She can explain things better than we can."

"Ok." She turned her head back to the machine, she usually didn't lose her cool this fast but with Swallow being missing this long and now missing her by what seemed minutes; it put a considerable strain on her. "I'm sorry machine Cleo."

"It is all right Alien Endora, you are concerned for your offspring. I must go now."

"Yes…ok." She stepped aside and let the machine float by. Endora found it strange to be talking with a metallic ball but things were strange all over right now.

Under Tolare's orders the affected crew was to rest, Lyja took a brief look at the engines and proclaimed them fixable; with a whole lot of work, that is. The captain decided to maneuver out of orbit on what power there was and start the trip home. It would be slow until Lyja got full power back but it was a start. However Tolare insisted that she rest first, Lyja protested but finally lost out.

In Endora's mind all she wanted to know was, what happened to Swallow? The rest of this adventure could go on without her. She was so close to seeing her, just that would have made this trip all worthwhile. Right now she wasn't so sure.

The fact that they had captured a creature proclaiming herself to be 'Mother' was impressive to say the least, since they all thought she was dead. Well, since Swallow had devoured her, it was a given that she didn't survive. Now she was here, this didn't really make a whole lot of sense.
Endora with Tolare's guidance was lead to where they were keeping her. As they entered Endora was shocked, this creature was nothing like the last one that almost killed her. This small, insignificant 'pregnant' thing could hardly be threatening. It also was sound asleep.

Before they went any farther into the room Tolare commented, "I'm not sure which one will be in control this time around."

"What? I don't understand?" Endora said in question.

"Oh, whenever this one sleeps for a long period of time, control of the main body is switched."

Two minds? "So I may not get to speak to Mother?"

"No, the other is called Alison, but she is very knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk with."

"So there are two minds in one brain?"

Tolare looked at Endora, then she clued in, "Oh no, actually the hatchling she carries is where the minds switch."

"The child?!" Endora said in amazement.

"Yes, it's a very complex arrangement."

"I can imagine," Endora said with fascination and some horror.

Endora went over to the small yellow creature and gently shook her, then sat back on the bed and awaited for it to awaken enough for it to speak.

"It rubbed its eyes and stared at her, "Hello."

In many ways this creature looked cute, not the thing she knew, "Mother?" Endora questioned.

"No, I'm Alison she is still asleep but maybe I can help you."

"Maybe you can, do you know what happened to my daughter Swallow? She was here with you recently; she didn't have any fur."

"Oh yes, I know all about her."

Endora's prayers were answered, "Please, can you explain to me what's happened to her?" Alison nodded.

Later that day:

Ti's 6 ft 6 in frame didn't exactly fit this space craft, even though in many places the ceilings were high enough; the hallways were not. She had to walk stooped over which hurt her back. She was going to Tolare for she was maybe her only salvation. The Alien known as Kira had located her and told Ti where to go.
"Hello, I'm looking for Tolare." She said as she entered into the big room, hoping that she was here. She assumed she was a 'she'.

Tolare was looking at a monitor when she heard her name called. She turned to greet the one calling her. She was surprised to see the large Alien, "Hello Alien Ti."

She grinned, the Alien translator did work for most things, this didn't seem one of them. "Ti is fine Tolare, I just came to see if you might do that scan you spoke of on me. I'm anxious to see if there is any hope you can do something, even if it is to extend my life a few more years."

She was shocked to hear that this Alien thought she would pass on so soon in life, "Actually Alien Ti I do have time. It will take me sometime to study the scans before we can offer you any choice of treatment."

"I know but I thought I'd give you a head start, I'm not well you see."

"Oh…then it is best that we do that scan. I do not want you to be uncomfortable."

The scan didn't take long, Ti stood up and stretched banging her paw against the low ceiling. It dislodged a panel and it fell to the floor with a loud crash.
"Sorry." Ti said trying to grab the panel off the floor.

Tolare didn't care about the panel; she worried about Ti, "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine." But Ti wasn't fine, blood dripped to the floor from a big cut on her paw.

"No you are not, let me see."

Ti presented her large paw to Tolare, "It will stop, it's only a small cut."

"It isn't so small, I'll see to it." With that she went away and returned with a spray, with its application it quickly stopped the bleeding. "There, that did the job. It is strange, your flesh tore very easily."

"Yes I have been noticing that as of late, I bruise and cut very easily."

Tolare took a quick look at the data, then addressed Ti, "You were right to approach me, you are not well. I think it would be best for you to enter into a stasis pod at this time. It doesn't hurt but it keeps things as they are now. If something should happen to you on our trip I'm not sure I could help you efficiently."

Ti nodded, "I understand, a lot of things have happened to me lately and I am constantly run down. Your advice is valid, I'll do as asked just let me tell my parents and my mate."

Tolare nodded, "I will get a pod ready for you."

"Thank you."

"Ti; we will try our best to help you and your friends."

"I know you will." Ti smiled as she left Tolare to finish what she was doing.

They had all gathered together in a large room that contained a large view port. They were all having an enjoyable time exploring the ship and watching as it traveled through space. It was all fascinating but to Endora she couldn't help but feel in someway responsible. As she sat there watching her children help Ezzy look out the window, a look of horror passed over her face. She remembered something, something that shook her to the core.

Warren felt her shiver and saw the look upon her face, "Dora…what's going on?"

"I just had a horrible thought."

"If it's the house and stuff, we called Sally remember. They'll get the mail and keep things in order. Tabitha is asleep, that pod thing was a godsend."

"It's not that Warren, it's something that my Mother wrote about in her diary."

"That again…Dora, don't go upsetting yourself about that! You remember what happened the last time you thought about that thing…forget it…it's history…your mom is gone and there is nothing you can do to change that. What she wrote about was probably something she made up after her horrible ordeal."

"Maybe…" She stood up, "Stay here, watch the kids I have to see Ti." She would probably be the only one who might be able to explain the revelation she had just thought of.

She ran into the Alien known as Afain and she was very helpful in finding Ti for her. Ti was about to be put into a pod by Tolare. She had thought that was going to happen later.

In the lab:

Ti had never seen her biological mother so upset, "Mother Endora, what's the matter, are you ill?"

"No, but something has come to light; it's upset me and in many ways I'm confused."

"Go on."

They both sat while Tolare did other things, listening in as well. Endora took a deep breath, "I think I know where Swallow…" she shook her head, "or Mother went."

Ti blinked, "How?"

Endora turned to Afain who was the one that explained the way the space ship traveled. "You said back on our planet that your ships could move in time using the stars, right?"

"Yes…to a place known to where the stars line up."

"And if you had information where particular stars lined up here in our section of space then you could actually travel back into our past?"

"If we had such information then it would be possible to program our destination, to your past as you said."

"Then that clinches it, Mother has taken refuge there!!!"

Ti looked at Endora strangely, "Mother Endora, are you feeling all right, maybe Tolare should look you over luv."

"No, I have proof…my mother encountered her, it was written in her diary many many years ago. Although I had thought she had met the mother we knew… not this one but its starting to make sense. My mother specifically mentioned her name but it hasn't been until now…with this incident, that things sort of clicked."

Ti was curious now, "Calmly tell us what happened to your mum?" She was worried for her, she didn't want her to lose her child, she had already lost one; she didn't need to lose another.

"I'm not exactly sure but…" her voice trailed off into silence. She began to think this out, my mother became pregnant, could it be that she was an experiment too? As the realization clicked in she felt faint and began to become unstable.

Ti was quick to react and moved in and helped steady her. "Mother Endora?"

"Huh…?"

"You almost toppled over."

"Oh my!!" Not again she thought. "I'm sorry."

"Maybe it would be best if you continued this another time."

"No I need to talk to you about this, maybe your mind will comprehend this. From what I could get from the diary, she did something to her. My mother was declared pregnant soon after, though I'm not sure if Mother had her paw in that. "Could you check me out to be sure Tolare." She now wanted to be sure her hypothesis was correct, it frightened her not knowing.

Tolare knew the back-story on almost everyone now and she had data that she wasn't sure about; Shearah would surely be a help in sorting some of it out. Although some of her theories she was pretty sure were correct; it also brought about a very large question to her frame of mind…could it be possible??? Something had to be checked first, she went to a monitor and brought up some data that she had accumulated on the creature Swallow. Then something that the smaller creature known as Mother had said entered into her head. The Alien Caliban had confirmed it when she had spoken to him. Very interesting these male creatures she thought, it seems he might have the answers that Endora was seeking. Tolare called on a crewmember to go get the Alien.

Soon Robert Caliban entered the room, he was surprised to see Ti and Endora here. "Mrs. Mustelidae, Mrs. Conrad, Tolare, Afain nice to see you all here."

"Hello Alien Caliban, come on in." Afain said in greeting.

Tolare nodded, "Hello Alien Caliban, please come and sit, it seems we have some questions that maybe only you can answer." He sat and got comfortable then Tolare started, "Your daughter Alien Ezmerelda said that she came from an experiment, a stasis unit of sorts that had malfunctioned. Would it happen to be one of these?" She brought up a picture of 3 tall cylinders, Robert immediately recognized them. They were the ones that he kept so long ago and out of one of them came his precious Ezzy.

"Yes those are the ones, where…?"

Tolare finished, "They were found when this Alien Swallow/Mother creature was apprehended. We took them along for they contained our technology. I really didn't get to scan them thoroughly but I think I know what was in them."

"I can tell you just as easily, spliced embryos from the original donor. One of the pods malfunctioned and Ezzy began to grow within the casing, I released her and cared for her. I'm not sure if that was the cause of her stunted growth or not."

As Endora listened her brain was piecing this together as was Ti's, although the result seemed an improbable one, no… an almost impossible one; but none the less correct.

"I believe I know where Tolare is going with this." Ti said.

"I do too and I don't like it, it's not possible!!!" Endora voiced.

Robert Caliban looked confused, "I'm not sure I understand." He shrugged this was the most excitement he had in years.

"I'd have to say it is most likely Alien Endora." Tolare said in a soft voice.

Endora shook her head…what you're talking about is a…a…a" she stumbled over her words, "there's a word for this nonsense!!!" She almost screamed.

Ti put her paw on Endora's thigh to try and calm her; she said it softly, "Paradox."

"That's it!!!" Endora chimed, "It's not possible."

"And yet here we are Endora." Ti said grimly knowing now the circle which Mother had brought them into. She started a chain of actions that lead up to this point; not knowing that it would lead to this conglomeration.

"Ti, this isn't possible and you know it, you're a scientist!"

"It can be since it is based on future events."

"What the heck does that mean??" Endora said getting more confused and frustrated.

"It means that Mother does go there, back to your mother and indeed impregnates her but from that point nothing is heard from her. According to our memories, you never encountered her again and Mother here I suspect never did either. It means that we must in some future time go and apprehend her before she has time to contact her other self."

Endora's head hurt, "But what you are saying makes no sense I can't…I mean I can't be you or Sabrina or any of you!!!!!!!"

"I know the concepts of paradox is mind bending but it seems that some laws can be broken and we are living proof." Ti said.

"Ok so what happens if we go back there like she did and stop her from attacking my mother?"

Ti thought for a moment, this was true science fiction; no one could travel in time up until now. Theories had speculated on things if time travel was at all possible and she was drawing on those now, "I doubt the universe or cosmic forces will let us but there is a chance that we could… and if we did the universe would reset without us in it. That's one theory anyway, this does make sense now that it has come forth. I have had suspicions on our origin. We are all too much alike, when I was with Swallow; we would almost always stumble over each other's sentences. It was way too strange and now I've had the same conversation with Ezz, a fragile string in the fabric of time connects us. This string has a name and it's Mother!!!"

Endora sighed, it seemed that Ti was right, now how do you tell your daughters this. She gulped, it didn't make any sense and the more she thought about it the more her stomach became upset, finally she just threw up. The stress on her was beyond measure and she hoped that she didn't lose the baby.

When she awoke she was in a room in a soft, comfortable bed; there was the casual sound of the ocean and she felt really peaceful. A figure came into view, it was Tolare.

"You gave us all a scare."

"Am I all right?"

"Oh yes, Alien Endora, I gave you something to calm that stomach of yours and to make you rest."

"I must get back to everyone."

"No you don't, the conversation broke up after you were ill. Ti is now in her pod, we'll confront this problem later, you rest. Your mate wondered where you ran off to. He's been here several times checking in on you."

"That's good to hear."

"I'll go find him for you."

"Thank you Tolare."

"Rest now."

Endora closed her eyes, her world had just been turned upside down and now she wondered how she was going to explain all this.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

A New World In Sight:

They all watched as the planet Tarra came into view, an Alien world rich with life that no other fur from their world had ever seen; it was spectacular. No one felt any ill effects from the interface from one universe to the other; from the Zargozians point of view it seems they had just turned around and came back. They were in touch with the Emperor the minute they entered their own space, telling her of their success and the events that had transpired. They were all busy and they let the Aliens roam the ship to their hearts content. They posed no threat, even Mother was now allowed to roam free since she was co-operating with Tolare trying to help her understand what it was she had done to the clones. All this information was being relayed to Shearah who was ecstatic and couldn't wait to see these new Aliens.

Lyja and Kira were busy trying to get the ship ready for the return trip. If the ship was going to make a star jump that took preparation, if you wanted to make several that took even more.
It took equipment that a ship like this didn't have. So it would have to be installed.

Warren's mind was a buzz with thoughts, what Endora had told him had him spooked. Time travel, clones, paradoxes; it was a little overwhelming. No wonder Endora had collapsed, in her condition this wasn't what she needed at all. Although Tolare reassured him that she and the children growing within her were fine, children he thought.

This was a shock to both of them; it seems that the doctors on earth were a bit off on their diagnosis. Tolare assured them both that everything was fine. Warren and Endora weren't too sure, having one was doubtful now having two. It was something that they were going to have to get use to he guessed.

This whole thing was out of a sci fi novel, but if these Aliens could help his cloned daughters and Endora then it would be worth this bizarre trip.

The ship docked with the orbiting space station and they all disembarked. Tolare had Ti and Heather transferred to her lab. The other pods were taken to the station's regular physician's lab. Those injuries didn't pose too much of a problem Tolare thought, although she and Shearah would monitor their progress. The ancient pod was sent to a solitary cargo bay, to put under lock and key. The station had the finest facilities, comparable to the new ship, but the ship was newer!

Shearah met her there, fascinated by everything and didn't stop talking. All she wanted to do was see these Aliens.
"You'll see them soon, one got away as I said; the most intriguing one."

"Ah, the one with the two minds."

"Yes."

"I've been studying the scans of the old pod, a lot has happened to it over time; it is indeed fascinating."

"Yes that one is, but that can wait. It is sealed and we have time to study later on. I am most concerned about is the large one, she is really unwell. She is a gentle soul, out of place most of the time."

Shearah hadn't really looked at that one, she was more interested in the ancient pods creations. "I see, you think we can help it."

"I believe we can, but she has to make a very big decision first."

Tolare and Shearah did more and more scans of the Aliens, taking turns to spread out the work load. In every case, minor things surprised them; most of all Ti. How she was able to live this long was an incredible feat. They both agreed that it would be best to get started on her treatment first.

Once they were both in agreement on how to proceed; Tolare found she had a soft spot for this gentle giant.

A synthetic gel-like substance surrounded Ti's huge body. Still in an unconscious state, Ti's body was made comfortable inside it. The bed was a hybrid of technology and a small organic brain monitored all Ti's life functions and took care of the natural ones as well. All information it gathered was sent back to Tolare and Shearah who were monitoring and adjusting the bed to a suitable treatment.

Tolare looked at the scans and did some adjustments, "She is dying Shearah."

"Yes, I was surprised when I did the initial scans of her. The creature you said constructed her made a mess of things." She walked over and stroked Ti's cheek with her small paw. "I only hope we are not too late to help."

Ti awoke feeling strange, warm but very comfortable. She tried to move and rise but Tolare's gentle voice interfered with her efforts.
"Do not struggle Alien Ti, you are safe and being treated."

Ti began to feel a little better and was able to look about as to where she was. "You have begun a treatment for me?" She asked groggily. The room had wall to wall monitors and all sorts of equipment; it sure looked like they had enough technology to help her that was for sure.

"You should know what is wrong first; your creator really didn't do a very good job." Tolare voiced.

"That I know all too well." Just then another Alien walked into the room, she seemed to be about the same age and size of Tolare.

"Alien Ti this is Shearah. my mate."

"Hello."

Shearah smiled, "I am glad to see you awake Alien Ti."

"Nice to meet you."

"Shearah is also a physician; we think we can help you although you will have to make a major choice in a certain matter we believe."

Ti didn't like the sound of that, her head was clearing and she felt better than she had in awhile. She found it strange to be surrounded completely almost head to toe in a gelatinous substance. "What is this thing? Is it doing something to me?" Ti asked dubiously.

"Yes, it is making you comfortable; that is its main function. It is slowly administering small amounts of pain suppressants and relaxants to your blood stream. It also is massaging certain muscle groups to allow them to relax, please be assured the bed would not give them to you if you didn't need them." Tolare smiled, "We mean you no harm Ti, put your trust in us."

Ti hadn't felt this good in a long time and even though she knew it was the medication artificially making her feel better she trusted these Aliens, completely. Suddenly she felt a discomfort within her chest like no other, it quickly turned to agony as she screamed out in pain!!! Ti collapsed into unconsciousness as alarms went off everywhere. Ti's life signs plummeted, surprising the two Zargozians. Ti had just died right in front of them.

Meanwhile:

The Zargozians had asked the group how they wished to be housed for the duration of their stay, Endora and Warren were a given, so were Mrs. & Mr. Kent. Mr. Caliban resided alone, Hector and Max decided it would be alright to be together. The obvious coupling of Margrette and Kathren another total given. The rest of the sisters decided to bunk together. It had been awhile since they all had to share a room. Mother/Alison was put in a private suite with constant surveillance.

Sabrina J, Sabrina and Ezmerelda couldn't believe all that was happening. Aliens, spaceships…a trip through space; this was a fantasy come true.
Sabrina stood in awe as they entered into their room, "Can you believe this!!!" Sabrina said bursting with exuberance.

SJ punched her sister Sabrina lightly in the shoulder, "If you ever told me the minute I met you in that grocery store it would lead to all this I would have laughed myself silly!!!"

"I'd be right there laughing too." Sabrina voiced. She looked down onto the top of Ezzy's head, "So how you feeling Ezz?"

Esmeralda had been transferred, carted around and almost dropped several times, "Tired; being carried everywhere is a bit embarrassing you know."

"Well Ezz, we would quickly out distance you if you were walking you know." Sabrina said rubbing her small sister's head lightly in mockery.

Ezz rolled her eyes, "I know, I miss my home."

"Hey maybe these Aliens can make you grow, you'd like that wouldn't you?"

Ezz didn't answer right away, "Yeah I suppose." Ezz let out a slight moan as her small jaw opened wide in a big yawn.

SJ then followed, "You know Ezz is right I'm bushed, my internal clock is all screwed up."

Sabrina followed with another jaw expanding experience, "Ok…ok stop yawning you two its contagious."

Sabrina put Ezz down on the huge bed, "You want a shower before you sleep Ezz?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind." She said as she took off her top.

"Sure, the Aliens said most things here in these rooms should look familiar and work like at home. Since they knew we were coming it seems some subtle changes were made."

"SJ, I'm taking Ezz here in for a shower, be back in a few."

"Take your time." SJ waved to them as she settled in on her comfy bed. However in a short matter of time she was rudely interrupted by a howling shriek coming from the Alien's bathroom. Sabrina Johnston jumped up and was there in a flash.

The shrieking continued as SJ pulled the shower door open, water was spraying from every direction pinning the two up against the back of the oval tub.
"TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sabrina screamed.

SJ looked at the controls and found a button that was depressed, she pushed on it and it seemed to release and move back into a normal position; it also turned the water off. She turned to face two very -she couldn't believe it- very wet skunks!!! She had to laugh, they were both drenched to the bone, they looked like drowned rats as the remaining water flowed off them in waves.
"It's not funny!!!!!!" Sabrina cried, "How was I supposed to know there was a monsoon setting???!!!!!"

Ti again awoke groggily not really knowing which end was up. She found it difficult to concentrate as her head swam in what seemed to be an ocean of distorted visions.
Tolare heard moans coming from the bed in which Ti lay, she quickly ran to her side.
"You shouldn't be awake!!!" Tolare said with deep concern, she put a small device near her head. "You are neutralizing almost all the medications in your system." She did something with a machine that sat close by and her vision began to clear.

"Uhnnnh what happened?" Ti really wanted to rub her head, for it felt like someone had hit her with a very large hammer.

"Your heart suddenly stopped, the relaxants in your system triggered a heart attack at which point you experienced heart failure."

Ti shook her head in anguish, "Great, that's all I needed."

"You needed? I don't understand…you certainly did not need that, your body is already extremely damaged. You gave us both a scare."

"You were scared!!!" Ti took a deep breath, "I've never felt such pain" Ti sighed, "seems I will never be well again."

"Don't be so sure, look at this. This may cheer you up." Tolare put a small display screen in front of her, Ti recognized what was on it. Although it was much different than her own or any she knew of; she knew what it was. "This varies far from my own; will it work?" She stared at the 3D representation of a massive organ.

"Then you recognize what it is?" Tolare said.

"Yes a heart."

"Yes it is to be your 'new' heart." Tolare smiled, "We began work on it immediately after yours failed."

Ti felt some relief that they were trying to help her and a new heart was a good start, "I knew my old one wasn't up to the task; it's been like that for a long time. I have adjusted my life to accept my condition." Ti felt relaxed, very comfortable but not as much as before, seems it must have been too much comfort. Funny she thought how could you have too much?

"From our conversations Alien Ti it seems you know more about your condition than the others."

"I've tried to keep up on my condition, for I knew of it early on in my life. Trying to do the most with what I had; although this body is strong it is not in that respect."

"We hope to correct that. Your rapid growth failed in the area of your heart, it was one of several organs that did not compensate for your size. I suspect you slept a lot in the last few months."

"Yes…but can you elaborate? I know my heart was undersized which caused my fatigue but I'm not sure what has caused my body to literally fall apart."

Tolare and Shearah raised an eyebrow, "How did you know that?" Tolare questioned.

Ti was surprised by their reactions, it's not like this happened yesterday. "It is what I suspect has been happening, just by everyday dealing with it."

The two looked at each other in question, "In short, yes." Shearah said. "Your arm being missing, that was the start of the major break down; here let me explain."

She pushed a few buttons on a touch pad of sorts and the bed began to gently move Ti into a sitting position. "We were about to tell you all about what was going on, when you gave us that scare."

"Well I'll try not to do it again." Shearah looked over at her strangely, it seemed that the Aliens didn't really understand sarcasm; Ti pondered.

"Oh that won't happen since now you are now directly connected to the beds circulatory system." Shearah said proudly.

"What?" Ti's eyes almost came out of their sockets.

To Tolare and Shearah this was a common procedure, they saw nothing wrong in its application. Obviously this wasn't a procedure that occurred on the Alien's planet, "We shut your heart down, it was far too unstable; the bed is pumping your blood now; do not worry."

Ti blinked, she didn't feel any difference but she thought she should, "I don't feel any different." She voiced in panic.

"Calm yourself Alien Ti that's the way it works, relax, you are safe. Although you are confined to the bed until we can get the heart grown."

Another surprise, "Grown?" It dawned on her after she said it that they had to find some way of producing one; growing one was the most logical step. She spoke before she thought, she felt silly now.

"Yes it will be grown from your tissue and will mesh with your system like the original, although this one is matched for your size. You'll feel better than you have since your birth."

That was one big promise, she would reserve judgement on that one, "Heh, I'd like that."

"Now," Shearah cleared her throat, "I can get back to explaining, it seems your creator didn't have as much control of our technology as it would have liked. Your body grew too rapidly for our technology really to benefit you; it inadvertently failed the minute it was activated. Over time it caught up but it was overly inefficient for your system. Your creator also made a fatal mistake in invoking certain aspects of our tech as well; whether or not intentional she tried to expand your life expectancy. In turn it has made things far more complicated."

Shearah put up a large screen for Ti to see, she recognized what was being shown her. In her attempts to help her own situation she had read a lot of medical texts. "I take it those are my blood cells?" Ti said.

"Yes but what you might not know is that they are actually small machines."

"What!!" Ti couldn't believe what Shearah had just said, it wasn't possible.

"They are machines; our technology was used to mimic your blood cells. You see your body is full of these mini machines, of many types. Most common in yours are the blood cells and the maintenance robots. There is where the problem lies; your body has worn most of them out. In terms of our technology these mini machines are ancient and in your body they are breaking down with nothing to fix them. The maintenance robots had other tasks not usually assigned to them; they were supposed to fix the blood cell machines but these machines were overwhelmed trying to keep your body going."

Ti sighed, she understood, "Not enough machines to do both jobs. So in the long run I suffered a total break down."

"Yes, we believe that's what happened to your arm, they organized and shut that particular part off. We can only assume it was damaged in some way for them to do this."

"Yes, it was injured." Ti said grimly.

"Since the machines were all ready depleted they did the only thing they could to ensure their and your survival."

Ti understood all too well, again old machines but not enough; it sounded all so simple. In the end maybe there was a simple solution to all this as well. "So, you can give me a new supply?"

"It's not that simple Alien Ti, we can do that but these new machines will only do what the original machines were programmed to do. Time is not on our side, we don't have the luxury to delve into the code that programmed these original machines. All we can do at this moment is add to what all ready exists. The machines are too old to actually do too much to them, we risk a total shut down. To reestablish a new colony in your body is impossible you would die before they could take over the maintenance of your body."

That wasn't a pleasant thought, "That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, these new machines could easily do the task, probably more efficiently too."

Tolare spoke up, "I apologize, you do not understand the scope of what was done to you. The old machines were programmed to regenerate and repair… all… cells in your body. Do you understand the implications of that?"

Ti thought about it for a moment then realization came to her, "I don't age."

Tolare didn't like this aspect of what this creature had done to the Alien known as Ti, all things aged. Even she, although long lived, was about to pass on but fate and the Empire intervened. There were ways in their culture to prolong life way beyond the normal boundaries but it was kept a guarded secret. Their technology allowed them to live longer than most creatures, which in itself was against nature but what had been done to the Alien known as Ti was against all things they believed in as physicians.
"Yes, your body is in a constant form of regeneration and since your cells are mostly machines your body does not grow old. The machines in your body are breaking down and they cannot repair all the cells they were programmed for; therefore your body tires and now is easily damaged."

Ti had known about being easily damaged for quite awhile now. She had to tell Richard and he had been very careful around her. Although up until now she didn't know the finer points as to why. Now she knew it and the ramifications, "Then what is happening to me is sort of an aging process, more like decay." She said in total awareness in that she was speaking of her destruction, as a creature that wasn't supposed to die, she was doing a good job of proving that wrong. Tolare nodded.
She thought about something then questioned her hosts, "So if you introduce new machines into my body they will go back to the original task of keeping me from aging?"

"Yes." Tolare said, "They will begin the task of repairing your cells and returning the old machines back to functioning condition. You will live for a very long time, aside from a major accident." She took a deep breath, "We cannot change this, we have discovered other machines within your body doing other tasks; one machine is devoted to making your body larger. This machine is within our grasp of control. Those we can slow down even further, you shouldn't even notice a difference in your life time."

"What about my appearance, I mean size?"

"Your overall appearance we cannot change, to do so would most likely end with your death and that we will not do."

Ti sighed, it looked like her options were limited, "So am I the only one like this, what of my sisters?"

Shearah broke in, "The four footed one is like you and so is the one that is missing. The others have our machines in them but they have not been tampered with to the extremes yours have. We believe we have several options for them."

Ti pondered for a moment before speaking again, "Then your options for my treatment are few?"

Tolare and Shearah looked at one another then Tolare spoke, "It is true that we are limited to what can be done for you but we can help you live a longer and healthier life no matter what you choose."

Ti sucked in a deep breath; all this was tiring her out. New heart, living forever… who wanted that!!! She didn't know what to say, maybe it would be best to just let go now. Let me say my piece and then let the Aliens shut me down; she sighed a heavy sigh.
"What are my choices?" She didn't want to hear them but it was in her best interest to.

Tolare looked her in the eye for she could see how tired Ti was, "Alien Ti these choices don't mean that your life is to end instantly. No matter what you choose, your life will go on for a long time yet; you can trust us on that. Maybe you should rest some, we can discuss this later?"

Ti wondered about that herself but maybe if she heard her choices first then she could rest, "Let me hear what you have to tell me then maybe I'll rest a little easier."

End of Chapter 20

I'm my own Grandpa…(From the song by Ray Stevens)

Sabrina's family tree ain't got no branches, they must be from Arkansas.

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Chapter 20 Reply with quote

Shocked Wow.

Now *that* was interesting.
To say more would give away entirely too much to someone who hasn't read the chapter yet. Suffice it to say that Cheetaur has pulled yet another stellar chapter out of his hat. (And yes, if you *have* read it, it was a deliberate play of words.)

Once more posts about it have been put up, I'll comment further.
Great chapter!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree great chapter I loved it, can't wait for chapter 21 but I guess I'll have to.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a comment Mike let drop, I suspected part of this, but it's getting *very* interesting. *G* Need to call in Jack Williamson's "Legion of Time" Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked Rolling Eyes Things are getting complicated....

And a loop in the family tree. Rolling Eyes
"Now, how should I call you? Daughter or Great-Grandma?" Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Wink

Bearion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheetaur,

Another couple of great chapters! Great explanations on why things happened. The Time paradox is a wonderful new wrinkle.

Will Mother help defeat Mother? Will their family tree resemble a Möbius Strip? Will my head explode trying to figure out who is related to whom? From when?

All I can say is: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Bearion

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Bearion YOU LIVE!!!!!!! Reply with quote

YAY.......Does happy dance......Smile

Hey glad u liked the latest..........well that was it for the secrets.....that was the biggy i had sotred away..Smile

I think it went over well and i dont know how many folks kinda figured it out or not....

Quote:
Will Mother help defeat Mother? Will their family tree resemble a Möbius Strip? Will my head explode trying to figure out who is related to whom? From when?

All I can say is: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Well it seems i got you curious YAY its a thrill to hear that you are enjoying and pondering.......

Kath said Endora's Family Tree is a wreath.....LOL

Good one Kath....Smile

Again thanks for the praise and you're Welcome welcome welcome.Smile

Cheetaur

ArcticVulpine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool chapter Cheetaur. I can't wait to see what will be next.. Well, I can. but well..
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Hey Arctic, Reply with quote

Very Happy

Nice to see yah,

Thanks for reading..Smile

As with all time travel stories you kinda have to put your brain in the closet and go ....i will try to make this work sorta.....

If you think too much about them your brain will hurt and will cause you more grief than anything, as we have now something that shouldn't be...a paradox in the story...so anything can happen ......and it will Twisted Evil

Hey this chapter had the gratuitous shower scene and no one commented!!!! Shocked Crying or Very sad

The next chapter Endora has to go see someone she hasn't seen in a long time and this person may have the answers she seeks.

Hope you will stay for the end.....Smile

Cheetaur

Furry_wolf2001b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, while theres life, there is hope. Very Happy
Heck ewen if dead there is -some- hope. Wink
Laughing

Talk about clone wars... Laughing
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*drools*

uhhhh... okay, I'm going to need a little more time to wrap my head around all of that.

Aliens and time travel and paradoxes, oh my!

Vixdraw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Excellent chapter. Got a "Page cannot be displayed" when I tried to go to the 2k.com site. Smile
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: It seems the Sabrina2k site... Reply with quote

Will stlll work if you ...

http://www.sabrinaonline2k.com/discus/

Type that link in then go from there to the fan fiction library..Smile

Glad you enjoyed it, lots of revelations and stuff huh.....Wink

Thanks for reading

Cheets

(Who is in serious pain at the moment with a migrane that doesn't seem to want to go away.) Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: