Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire On High
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
There are very few Russians in the furry genre, I'm interested in learning more about Anatol and his family history.

Hmmm, I can't help but wonder what's up with our OAers? Confused

Did none of our OAers spot this family's famous (or infamous, according to Talia) but distant relatives? Shocked

Or did they not find it worthy of comment? Rolling Eyes

Wink

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that famous skunk femme and some of her friends and family may show up from time to time. Good catch, Nameless.

Talia is a bit closed-minded, and somewhat bitter about her own life. More on her later.

yes Loe, if you were thinking Loni Anderson with ear tufts. believe it or not, she was in the works from the start of the story, before we ever met.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Everyone. Chapter 12 is up for your reading pleasure. All links are active.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It is always the sign of a good author, if ya are kept on the edge of your seat. I made the mistake last night (or was it a mistake at all), of starting into reading chapter 12 while DJing on KWKAT. It wasnt long till I was reading non-stop, and winding up haveing to just throw something together for the next song on-air. These chapters are facinateing! And wow, ol Mastifson got some of what is comeing to him. I dont think we are done with him, but atleast he got some payback landed square in his lap. VERY good chapter, and now, I had better get to recording, or I shal never keep up!

PF''s resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent chapter, Tigermark.

I'm very worried about Anton, and that concern was motivated by the scene with he and Blake. I get the feeling Anton may not have that time with Alex that he's counting on. How sad to lose one son and then not survive long enough to enjoy the other! On the other paw I couldn't help but smile at his conviction and faith. "It's all good," he seems to tell himself. What a strong Christian he is.

Mastifson's come-uppance was wonderful, if incomplete. I liked the character of Aramis. Will he be back periodically throughout the story, or was this a one-off appearance?

I was surprised by Jenna's introspection, challenging herself on a consideration of seeing someone... anyone. Two and a half months sounds like a short period of time, and it is when grieving the loss of a spouse, but time marches on and the kits continue to grow. She's going to need some help, a shoulder, something warm on the cold nights. She shouldn't be so hard on herself.

And I enjoyed Tia's interaction with the flight crew, and her attitude regarding the captain's invitation. That girl's gonna fly high very soon, I feel.

Looking forward to 13!

SC

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see some payback for Mastiffson, even if it will probably make him target Alex even more.
Too bad about his uncle (Mastiffson's). I can't help but feel that this world would be a lot better if the ability to admit past mistakes and try to make up for them was valued more than appearing not to have made any mistakes and having to cover them up.

I can't help but wonder about the mission to Kossovo from Rhine-Mien. I'd have thought that they'd fly there from Italy, as they'd have to cross Austria unless they took a long way around. Our (Austrian) politicians made a big fuss about it when the NATO wanted to fly across our country with armed planes. Of course they might have backed down on this matter silently.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, Nameless, they took a circuitous route. It's still not that far. And from all news, at the time frame for this story, Kosovo was pretty quiet.

Tigermark

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really neat stuff TM. Now that i settled down, i'll continue to read your story Smile

Cheers.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, folks, Chapter 13 is up for your perusal. All links are active.

Tigermark

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One the whole a nice transitory chapter.

Except for the last part, of course. Shocked
I'd almost call it a cliffhanger... Twisted Evil
except that I think "Cliffbuster" is more fitting...

Boom! ???

Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Again! *watches the OAers rope in from a choper, wondering what took em so long, haveing just landed from ropeing in himself* Lets just start off by saying -amazeing chapter-. Things are moveing along, and its just fast enough to make us all wonder if we can manage to hang on or not. Keeping us on the edge of our seats with that ending, and finally getting to see more of General Mastifson! I get the feeling, that this guy is a good guy, one of those generals who -earned- his position, and wouldent ask anyone lower in the chain of command (read, a TON of people) to do something that he wouldent do, or didnt do at some point in his past. And we have seen very little of him! Now, as for Jr. Mastifson, I surely hope he dont get someone else killed, Dash especially. I doubt few (if any) of us could forgive him if he gets Dash or Rings killed. We have grown to like this sqad of fighters, and yea, we dont know them personally, but we feel we know em as team mates. Especially with that one battle story ya had Rings telling, that rocked Smile We can see how Jason liked em, and liked to fly with em, now if only they could be rid of thier CO ::sighs:: All things in time eh? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".... or in due time, you will recieve what you dole out. Yea, Mastifson Jr (my new favorite name for him), has gotten some of whats comeing to him, but I can see new trouble on the horizon for em, but I hope it dont come at the cost of another pilot. I hope Rings has the common sense to act on behalf of his own self-perservation with Mastifson Sr. silently watching, that would ROCK! Ohh, and the part about Alex and his teacher, even though I knew it was comeing (perk of getting to talk with OBA at MFM), it still was amazeingly done, and gains us a bit more respect for the tiger we already have come to love, Alex. I like the whole concept of Panjitsu, maybe thats just cause Im a feline... but the thought of a feline based martial art is a nifty one for sure! Practiceing such things as precise claw useage, balance with a big ol tail, and the three hit roundhouse Wink Anyways, I think that completes this OA'ers run, hope it was insightfull, other OAers, let em have it! *steps back to let em rope in on his tail (not litterally)*

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*psst, Leo, Rings is in Alex's old squadron in Germany, he doesn't fly with J. Mastifson. Dash is the wingfur with da T right now.*

Tigermark (Helping wayward OAers, too!)

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<looks up in the sky> nope, no helicopters. no rope for me, i just walked up. Sorry leo... Great OA, by the way. I can't add much to it, but here's a bit anyway.

I was tickled by Tia's gung-ho interest in aviation. she remembers everything she sees and hears, and applies it to her next experience. Billy is on target in his assessment of her, she will indeed go far if she continues the way she has. I enjoyed the detail of their shared flight, the pleasant routine of preflights and checklists is reassuring.

I was not surprised by Alex' short "speech". He strikes me as being the kind of fur who does things instead of talking about doing things. He maybe should have said a bit more by way of thanking his crew for their efforts and support, but i recognize his reasons for passing on the opportunity. Sometimes when you fight shoulder to shoulder with a squad of great furs, it's difficult to say good bye.

It will be interesting to see what come's of OBA's classic "cliff-hanger" ending. Literal pun intended. If justice is done Uber will spread himself and a few million dollars of the taxpayer's hardware all over the real estate while Dash manages to avoid doing the same. Failing that, the other hope is that they both survive and Uber get's permanently removed from the command chain after an investigation reveals his indisputable incompetence. It would almost be a shame that his own father had to learn about his son's major shortcomings at first paw, but maybe that's what it'll take for the elder M to get his head back in the sunshine where his son is concerned.

While not much mention is made of him, plans are made for visits with Anton. I continue to worry that those plans may not be acted upon in a timely manner.

All in all a wonderful chapter. Great flying, lots of family, and not a little bit of suspense. Fabulous, Tigermark!

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Psst, SC, J.D. Mastifson, III, is Lance Mastifson's nephew, not son.*

Tigermark (Still helping wayward OAers. Wink )

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprise and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Chapter 14 is up for your reading pleasure!

Tigermark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tigermark All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 4 of 64

Jump to: