Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Informal Poll: What Gets Priority?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which writing effort should get my major effort?
The next installment of "From The Wings"
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
My entry in Maxx's "Rune" contest
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Developing my website, "Cateagle's Aerie", and getting the existing "From The Wings" posted to it
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Informal Poll: What Gets Priority? Reply with quote

I've got an interesting opportunity on my paws this weekend. It's a normally scheduled 3-day weekend on our "9/80" schedule and Mrs. Cateagle will be busy with some things that leave me on my own. Given that, there are three possibilities for using this time. Which one do y'all think should get priority?

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
caspian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was torn between the two choises of new chapter or getting your websight up and went with web sight so one can refur back to what has occured.

Casp

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make that 3 votes for the website. I agree with Caspian's (and doubtless countless others) reasoning - makes it easier to refer back to What Has Gone Before (patent pending).
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go for option 2, since Cateagle told me a few things about what he had planned and I REALLY want to read that. So, a purely selfish vote.

Otherwise I would go for option 3.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website, with "From the Wings" getting a close runner-up. Guess which way I'd encourage you to lean would depend on how your Muse is feeling...
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems like my public has spoken. I've spent a fair bit of time working on the website last night & today. I still need to load in the chapter installments and do the links there, but it is progressing nicely. My thanks to those furs who've given me a helping paw here.

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post weekend report

I ran beta-testing on the website last night and found that I need to re-do a number of pages due to "junk html" introduced by MS Word. I'm presently working out the most expeditious way of resolving this problem, though Alexander's approach to the Gordian Knot does commend itself to my mind.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Post weekend report

I ran beta-testing on the website last night and found that I need to re-do a number of pages due to "junk html" introduced by MS Word. I'm presently working out the most expeditious way of resolving this problem, though Alexander's approach to the Gordian Knot does commend itself to my mind.

Contact me this evening. I will be doing html coding all night anyway.

I would love to help

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the edit/re-do of the Chapter 1 file tonight, cut the sucker's size in half. It's somewhat time consuming, but worth it from my perspective of putting out a quality product It takes a while to do things right, but the results are obviously worth it.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: