Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Credit Where Credit is Due

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Credit Where Credit is Due Reply with quote

One of the members of the community here has behaved to high standards and deserves to be recognized for it.

To set the stage:
Some time back, roughly 1-1/2 years ago, I made the acquaintance and friendship, via IM, of a young femme fur on another forum (not that kind of "friendship", get your minds out of the gutter) and she ocassionally asked me for advice or help. Last fall, she IM'd me in a bit of a panic, she was facing a deadline in her animation class and was having trouble with the software. Now, I don't know this software, but I knew this other member of this community did and he was online. I got them talking and he was able to help her. From comments she's dropped in IM's, I knew they were still talking as friends and I know him well enough to know he'd behave with honor.

Last night she made clear just how honorably he has behaved. With no further ado, I quote:

"In the meantime I been thinking a lot about my friend iron_raptor. He is such a sweetheart and not like most guys. You know, I dont even think it is because of the fact he is canadian that has anything to do with that. He just seems to know how to treat a gal and always seems to be considerate of my wants/needs . Its like he respects me as much as I respect him (although I dont know if he knows that). He is a gentleman and doesnt even know how guys like him don't come a dime a dozen...especially in suckicon valley.

I don't even want a relationship right now because I yearn for <name redacted for privacy> so much sometimes that it makes me tear up (like Im doing now). Still, I think if I were to ever pursue a boyfriend/girlfriend monogamous relationship again, it would be with him. He is so selfless and that is beautiful to me. It is important to me."

Take your bow, IR, you've earned it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: