Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 17....Nuff said.......:)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Chapter 17....Nuff said.......:) Reply with quote

Chapter 17: I Do…I think???

Ottawa: The White's Home.

Sid looked out the rear window of the kitchen and saw Heather sitting quietly on the porch; she looked to be lost in thought. He opened the backdoor and made his way outside. Closing the distance between them he spoke, "Penny for your thoughts."

Upon hearing the voice Heather turned her head to see her approaching father, "Hi Dad, just thinking about the wedding."
"Not having second thoughts are we?"
"I dunno Dad, it seems all so… final."
"Final, heh." He laughed, "Dear, it's just the beginning of a whole new world for you."
Her face frowned, "That's what I'm afraid of."
"Oh, what's got to you?"
"What if Hector doesn't like me when we're together 24/7?"

Sid was surprised but not so much so, it was a doubt he had way back when. "Hon, we all have that doubt, we all do small things in our life that may annoy the other in small ways. That's part of the compromise that starts out as a relationship. The first few months of living together are the hardest, you try so hard to be yourself that you become another person. Then slowly you slip back to your old self, doing things out of habit; the things that might upset your mate. That's where the fun begins." He grinned.
"But Dad, look at me; I'm so different from Hector."
"So? How do you think Hector feels? He's marrying outside his species. You're not the only one thinking those thoughts."
"Yeah, I guess."

Sid could see she was feeling better, not quite so nervous now but still unsure, "I have a question, do you consider Hector your friend?"
"Huh?" She gave him a funny look.
"Do you consider him your friend?"
"Yes of course."
"Do you trust him?"
"Trust…"
"By that I mean, would you trust him with your very life, if you had to choose."
"Dad, what kind…?"
He put up his finger to quiet her, "Look into your soul; would you give him that power over you? Could you give him the power to hold your life in his paws."

She was quiet for a minute and thought about it, Hector holding onto my life, my essence. "Yes Daddy, I believe I would."
"Then he is the one for you; the small problems you encounter along the way are minor compared to that friendship and love. If you can call your mate your friend then it will be a good union."
Heather had a slight tear welling up in her eye. "Thanks Dad."
"You know it's going to be difficult giving you away." He raised an eyebrow.
She leaned against him, snuggling close, "I not going anywhere and you're giving me away to a fur I trust with all my being."
"Yeah, he is a wonderful fur, one I'm proud to call my son-in-law."

Heather hugged her father "He loves you too Dad. He won't say it but ever since his parents abandoned them all, he has felt lost. Now with you he finds solace in being a part of our family, he feels happy."
"That's great hun, we're glad to have him."
"He feels at home when he comes here, he told me."
"Hector is right for you. So, only a couple more days and we're off to England."
"Yeah, I can't wait to see everyone."
"Your mother and I are really looking forward to this."

England: Ti's home.

Richard looked at his bride to be. She had spread herself out onto the couch and the big black and white skunk looked quite comfortable lying there sound asleep. The occasional snore escaped her breath which brought a grin to his face. She had been so busy getting everything organized, plane tickets, arrangements where folks would be staying; it was far too much for her in her present condition. She had insisted that she do it though and he didn't argue. Now things had caught up with her.

He also noticed her missing prosthetic arm, she didn't like wearing it at all. She needed to get used to it and practice with it; it wasn't like she could grow a new arm. He didn't like to push but when this was all over he would talk with her about it. Right now he just wanted to be by her side, he couldn't believe that he almost lost her. That was a somber thought but he didn't dwell on it as he turned his thoughts to his new life with Ti.

He got a blanket out of the closet and draped it lightly over Ti's body. She stirred but didn't awaken. She was beautiful, a gentle giant who was so full of life. The things she had to endure, it just wasn't fair. He wished he had the power to ease her pain; in some ways he guessed he did in the love he felt for her but he wasn't sure if that was enough.

They had begun slowly moving Richard's things into Ti's home. It was what he wanted, it was to be a subtle change to allow both of them to adjust to living together. Now near the end, he felt at home. His apartment was now up for rent as he was going to let the lease expire next month. He spent most of his time here now, although there were a few things still back at his place.

There was one battle that still was being fought; his parents. He drew a heavy sigh and remembered the day he showed them Ti's picture. The argument and language that followed hurt him deeply, "abomination, freak, druggie, steroid monster…," there were more insults but he didn't care, he defended Ti and told them they had better back off. Since then relations had been tense.

Ti even apologized to him after he told her what happened. Rich was shocked; he couldn't believe his ears. He told her she had nothing to be sorry for, it was his parents being moronic. They wouldn't even meet her and that annoyed him to no end. Ti said that she could live with not being in his parent's good books if he could. That wasn't right, it just wasn't.

He had to make this right some way and he was going to see to it his parents acted with civility toward his bride to be. He gave Ti a light kiss on the cheek and she murmured something; he smiled and got his coat. Then he headed out into the famous London fog to catch the Underground to his parent's flat, it was time to hack this out.

Tarra Orbiting Space Station.

Kira, Afain and Lyja awaited the Emperors presence. To Afain it seemed like eternity; eventually she needed to relieve herself. She excused herself and proceeded to the nearest facility. Cleo followed her, "Are you well? My sensors say nothing is out of the ordinary; your heart beat is a bit elevated."
"That's to be expected Cleo, I have a full bladder, I'm pregnant and what we are about to propose to the Emperor is considered unheard of. I'm not expecting that she will give us the go ahead."
"It is against the odds that this creature is still alive after all."
"Yes but that is only part of the reason. I and the others feel that it is worth the attempt. We can always return, nothing will change for us."
"You do realize a type alpha research vessel will have to be used and there are none available at the moment. Its sensors are the most advanced and that's what you would need to find any trace."
"Yes, that's what I'm worried about. If none are available, then our chances of getting this assignment are sunk." She washed her paws and promptly dried them. "Now if my stomach would settle I'd be better off."
"Just try and relax, if you present your arguments in a precise manner I'm sure the Emperor will listen."
"Thanks Cleo, you are being very supportive." She tapped the sphere's side as she left the room.

She rejoined the group and still the Emperor had not arrived. She had Cleo show her the latest news reports from Tarra to pass the time. Soon the Emperor arrived; she apologized for being late. She had been delayed by a meeting with the Argosian ambassador.

"Now we can get down to business, Minister Garan has informed me that you have encountered something very interesting in the records of the old world ship."
"Yes Your Majesty," Kira answered, "we have discovered a breach in the code of nature."

"Oh, this is interesting. Has one of those who have been recently awakened committed this act?"
"It was unknown to them, it was a result of trying to keep within the code."
"Very interesting, go on Kira."

Kira explained the situation and what their possible solution to the problem was. The Emperor was impressed although not too concerned that one creature's life was affected, the scientist tried to do her best to save it. Although in the end it seemed it turned out to be a failure. To go all that way for that one being was somewhat outrageous.

"I'm sorry Kira, Afain, Lyja but the fate of one creature is of small concern now. It is in all probability dead. To travel all that way is a waste of our resources. I cannot grant your request."
Afain was disappointed but not entirely shocked that their plan was cast aside but she had another angle, which might sway her decision, and she spoke once again. "What if they stole our technology?"
"Pardon?"
"Let's forget about the creature for an instant, what if other creatures found our pod and derived technology from it. The ramifications could be devastating; they could make weapons that could destroy themselves. We would be responsible for the extinction of an entire race of beings. The technology in those pods could even be used to derive our ability to use faster than light travel and we could unwittingly unleash a savage race upon the Empire. We need to recover that pod so they never discover it."

This put a different perspective on things. "Cleo, extrapolate, could sufficient technology be derived from the pods construction?" The Emperor asked.

It was an easy answer, "If the pod was reverse engineered almost any type technology could be derived from it. Weaponry is a given for almost any race. The quantum suspension of the pod is a smaller version of a jump drive correlater so it is indeed possible to gain sufficient knowledge to build a jump drive very quickly."

The Emperor sat back thinking, "I will agree this new situation has influenced my decision. You have permission and the support of the empire for your mission, what do you need?"
"A type alpha research vessel, but I'm afraid there are none available."
"Cleo, to me." The small sphere came near. "Terminal mode, I need you to access some files for me." Cleo became a terminal and they all watched as the Emperor searched for a vessel using classified channels unavailable to anyone other than the Emperor.

It took some time but finally the Emperor stopped and Cleo became a sphere again. "There is a ship on its way here now, or soon will be. It is a new ship, just recently finished and a type alpha-four research vessel. This will be its shakedown voyage."

Afain spoke up, suitably impressed with the granting of a new alpha-four, "Thank you Your Majesty, at the first sign of problems we will return."

The Emperor grinned, "You won't need to. This ship has quite the armaments; it should be able to defend you quite well from almost any thing."

They all looked at each other, "Sounds like quite the ship," Kira said, "I've never heard of the alpha -four."

"Yes, it is impressive and armed to the teeth. Now is there anything else…?" The Emperor raised an eyebrow.

"No, I don't think so Your Majesty," Afain replied.

"Good, you two are keeping me on my toes with all this action. I'm just hoping there are no more surprises." The Emperor awaited an answer.

"I'm hoping that as well," Afain said as her nerves frazzled.

The Conrad's Home: Early evening.

Richard just walked into his parent's flat not bothering to knock. As he entered, he announced his arrival.

"Mom, Dad?" He called out.

"In the kitchen," came his mother's voice.

He walked in and found both of them eating. "Hi Mom, Dad." He gave his mother a light kiss on her cheek.
"Have you had dinner?" his mother asked.
"No, I haven't."
"Then sit your arse down then, there's enough for you as well."
"OK," Richard sat.
"So, what brings you around besides filling your pie hole?" asked his father. Seems Richard had a habit of showing up just around dinnertime most nights.

"It's time we had a talk." His tone told them he was serious.
"If this is about that girl friend of yours I…" His mother barked.
"Yes it is Mum and you're going to sit and listen." This was a sore point and he just poked it.
"Rich we had this out." His dad interjected.
"No Dad, we just got mad at each other and called each other names. It wasn't a discussion, it was lunacy." Richard's mom put down a plate with some meat and potato's in front of Richard.

"Richard, what do you want us to say?"
"That you'll at least listen to me." He looked at them both with determination.
"I guess but I…"
"Good, now listen, I've been avoiding talking to both of you because I've been angry and upset. Your acceptance of Ti meant a lot to me and you crushed that. You don't know this but I almost lost her the other night."

They both blinked. "What?" Richard's mother said in surprise.
"Ti got very ill very quickly and I almost lost her." His mother held her muzzle in shock.
"We didn't…"
"I know, I should have told you but you didn't listen to me the last time I brought up Ti's name; so how was this going to be much different?"

"Son, we don't want anyone to die, especially someone you care so much for. How is she now?"
"Not great, she lost her arm and has been depressed ever since. The wedding plans are keeping her mind occupied."

It became quiet, real quiet, real fast. Richard didn't like that, "Something went wrong and they had to amputate her right arm."

"I knew it Richard, it's those drugs she took to make her that big." His mother said.

Rich gave his mother an evil look and she quickly shut up, "I think you should know the truth about Ti, she told me not to tell you but I don't think you'll ever understand her unless I do. So, mother sit; this is going to take a few minutes."

Tarra: Outer Fringe Space Port.

They all looked out of the view port at the ship docked nearby, it was a beautiful ship indeed. Fresh out of the shipyard and it had Lyja drooling knowing the technology involved in making it.
"I bet it has cloaking technology," Lyja spoke up.
"I don't doubt it, from what the Emperor said this is a new and improved vessel. Lets not break it ok Lyja."
"Only a little, Kira." Lyja grinned.
Afain smiled knowing full well that she was joking; then she pondered a moment then thought "she better not break it."

They boarded the craft and settled in, the captain greeted them and explained the workings of this new ship. Although the ship was designed to support a staff of hundreds, the ship had a bare minimum crew currently. Kira and the captain spoke for a long time explaining the course they were about to take. Tolare had volunteered to come, much to Afain's surprise. Guess she wanted a bit of an adventure too.

Cleo and Lyja studied the sensor readings of the old ship as they traversed from one sector of normal space to Kalen space. Nothing really seemed to change but there was a difference, nothing that really would affect them at the moment. The big difference would be in their return.

Cleo could not predict how much time would elapse in their own section of space as they traveled through Kalen space; it was anyone's guess at this point. It would take one week for them to travel to the coordinates on their side, then to pass into Kalen space and onto this strange planet.

It was one of 9 planets circling a giant star. It was the 3rd planet nearest that star, that they were interested in. Beyond that they were going to have some major scanning to do of the planet, it was sure to have changed over time. It was a good possibility that the pod was now buried underground. They could scan for that but it was going to take time.

This ship had multiple sensor arrays to scan for most anything. It pleased Lyja since she was interested in how things worked, to Afain it was a thing. She only hoped that it helped them in deciphering the mystery of the creature.

The Conrad's Home: Early evening.

They sat there absorbing what their son had told them but it seemed so…, "Richard you can't believe that story, its inconceivable." His mother said.

"Oh I thought you might say that, so I brought proof." He threw out some photos. "These are Ti's sisters and as you can see they all look the same."

They took each in hand and passed them off to each other, each one brought more disbelief. His mother couldn't understand this.

"Ti said that she couldn't risk too many people knowing, she said I could eventually tell you at some point in our life but now wasn't the right time. The creature that made them has many agents out there. I argued about that but I feel that you will keep this in confidence now that you believe. I think Ti was wrong not to let me tell you, I'm sure she'll not be too happy with me but if this changes your thoughts about her at all, it will be worth it."

"Richard you said this creature attacked Ti once and she defeated it." his dad said.

"Yes, it is dead but it had a very powerful organization; she feared for herself and others. Leaving you out of the circle was your protection. Since you didn't like her it was a given not to tell you anymore. I'm sorry Mom, Dad but your accepting Ti means more to me than you know, I had to take this risk and explain."

"We understand Rich, love is a very powerful emotion. Having your parents against you isn't a pleasant situation. We will not speak of it that can be said for sure." They both nodded. "Is Ti's illness related to the fight she had with that creature?"

"Yes, it was her previous injuries that had come back to haunt her. The doctors feel that she may have been poisoned in some way, slowly. They are at a loss to explain how or why."

Richard's parents looked at each other, it was his father that spoke first. "Its seems we have judged Ti without properly knowing all the facts. Seems we were blinded by our love for you. We only wanted the best for you and well … Ti didn't seem to fit that mold."

"Ti doesn't fit any mold Dad." He grinned.

His mother smiled, "It would seem so, bring her by tomorrow if she is willing. It's time we got to meet her and chat her up."

Richard just looked at them, "Dad? You ok with this?"

"Rich, we are not perfect; seems we made the blunder of the century. I'm ok with this, now you see if that fiancée of yours wants to see us. After what we have done, it might be a tough sell. We'll take it as slow as she wants and bide by her decision. Let her make the call, we'll follow what she wants."

"Ok, I don't know what she'll say but you are coming to the wedding." He looked sternly at them.

"Yes Richard we will be there, if that's where we meet then so be it. We'll be on our best behavior."

Rich reached out his paw and his mother took it, seems some patches had been put in place; he only hoped they held.

Kalen Space Expanse.

The view screen showed the multi coloured expanse for as far as the eye could see. They were all awed at its magnificence. The captain took a short break to come back and talk with them.
"Took us awhile but we are finally here." The Captain said.
"It is beautiful." Afain replied.
"Yes the expanse is a beautiful and potentially dangerous place."
"Dangerous?"
"You don't want to stay in the expanse too long, it eventually confuses the guidance systems and you can go way off course."
"Oh, we won't be doing that will we?"
"No, actually it seems that the original crew took a very short route through the expanse as we will, it shouldn't take more than an hour. I'd like to advise you though we may encounter some turbulence in the expanse. It moves and shifts and we will along with it. Don't be alarmed, it happens. Just like wind, it's a natural occurrence."

"It seems you have traveled through the expanse before."
"Yes, many times, mostly for asteroids."
"Don't we have those?"
"Oh yes, plenty but the ones in Kalen space have some unique metals, not found in abundance here."
"Oh, that is interesting. Did you find the time lapse strange?"
"You get use to it, you have to gauge how long you were gone. Although it was never constant, it varied for each trip across. Never by a large amount but a few hours here and there.
"Ah I see, thank you for the warning captain."
"You're welcome Historian #1 Afain."

The trip through the expanse was nothing like calm, the ship tossed and lurched many times violently. Afain' at the first sign strapped herself in; she was taking no chances. It finally stopped and a voice came over the intercom.
"We are through, sorry bout the bumpy ride, seems today things were a bit chaotic, which it can be. We will be remaining here for a bit just to do a major system check before proceeding any further. Feel free to put the scanners to use, as this is about the point where your ship entered into Kalen space."

The Captain's voice stopped and Afain stood, the monitor looked the same as it had a few moments ago. Somehow she was disappointed, she had thought; she guessed, that Kalen space would be radically different but it wasn't. Funny; she thought they were the only passengers on this craft, one built for hundreds, it felt strange. She looked deeply into the monitor and sighed, somewhere out there was a creature in need of help. She only hoped they weren't too late.

Church: Wedding Day.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this today." Heather said nervously as Sabrina and SJ helped putting her dress on. "You see the guys today, they're all hung over!"

Ti straightened out her dress in front of a mirror, "Serves them right for going out and getting plastered, males; hmmmffff. All I know that if Richard up chucks at the alter I'm sending the video to funniest home vids for all the world to see."

The group laughed.

"Hold still Heather' I have to get this train hitched right or you'll trip over it." SJ said.
"Sorry' I'm just so nervous."
"Just calm down, there's a whole day after this as well, OK?" Sabrina said trying to calm her sister, without having much luck.
"OK." Heather said nervously.

Ezzy just paced along a table top watching all the chaos wishing she could at least help. Ti came down and knelt before her. "Ti."
"Blimey, Ezz' can you put this necklace together for me. I thought I could do it but my big paw cannot do the small clasp." She handed the white pearl string to her. She was happy to help. She threw one end onto her sister's shoulder and Ti pushed it around her neck. Ezz took the end and put the clasp together.
"There, all done."
"Thanks Ezz."
"No problem, glad I could help in some way."
"I'm glad you're here."
"I am too, its like one of those old movies in here, you know Black and White."

Everyone just looked at her, "Ezzy!!!" was the reply.
"What??" Ezz said grinning.

"Mom, how do I look?" Heather asked.
"You look wonderful, that dress looks magnificent on you."
"Well, it's based on a very special one, thanks Mom." She threw her arms around her mother and hugged and squeezed tightly.
"Heather!!!" Her sisters screamed.
"Oh sorry." Tears had formed in her eyes, they had the seamstress copy her mothers dress. The fabric of the original was just too fragile to go manipulating.
"You're so beautiful."
"Thanks Mom." Her mother wiped her tears away.

There was a sound of tearing that drew Martha's attention, "Ti, love, hold still."
"Mum?"
"You have split a seam, in the shoulder."
Ti sighed, "Oh bollocks, what more can go wrong??" Ti threw up her arm.
"Love, simmer down, it's nothing but if you keep that up it will be. Ezz, love, hand me that small box there in front of you."
Ezzy got the box for Martha Kent and handed it to her. "It just needs some reinforcement, now sit, I can't reach all the way up there."

Ti sat as her mother sewed the broken seam, "You look beautiful."
"You think so?"
"Yes, why would I think any different?"
"I guess not."
"You shouldn't think this way my girl, you're a beautiful female who has a mate who loves her. So much so that he fought his parents tooth and claw for you."

Ti had regurgitated the whole events of the past few days. It was an interesting evening, a bit awkward at first but she thought that she had at least made peace. They might not ever be really close but at least she could speak to them without them being obnoxious. "Yeah, I know."

"Good, I'm glad you do, now why haven't you got that limb of yours on??"
Ti looked at her mother, "Its not a part of me, it doesn't belong here."
"Love, it does, it's something that you need."
"Not today." Ti said in a gruff voice.
"Ok, we'll let it go for today." She kissed her daughters cheek, but she wasn't going to let this go. Ti needed that appliance and Rich had said that she wasn't using it at home either. After this they were going to have a mother daughter talk.

The other side of the church.

"Is my tie straight?" Hector asked Rich.
"Just ace."
"Huh?"
"It's fine."
"Ah…OK, sorry just different terms to get use to," Hector said.
"I know, you yanks have some odd ones as well."
"You know it dude, some of the terms the kids have today have me shaking my head."

Rich rubbed his head, it felt like a lead weight, "Oh, I'm cursing myself for last night; my head feels like a stone."
"Yours does? I'm having a real hard time standing."
"You going to be all right?"
"Yeah, but you're right, shouldn't have gotten drunk. I'll admit we did have fun."

Rich laughed, "That we did friend Hector, that we did. You know, I feel like the luckiest person meeting Ti."

Hector found Ti awe inspiring in size and strength, in fact he was sure that she was much stronger than himself. "She is a prize Rich."

"Oh, Heather is quite the dish as well, you got yourself a good one there."

"You're right Rich, I sat there the other night wondering if I was doing the right thing and as I stared at her picture I just couldn't imagine my life without her."

"You too? I wonder if the girls had the same thoughts?"

Hector sat down and the world around him spun; this wasn't great. Having a hang over at his wedding; how stupid was that. "Maybe, I know Heather is nervous."

Richard straightened his tie for the umpteenth time, "I think Ti just wants this over so she can get her life back to normal."

"I can understand that, Heather wants that as well. We are getting the best; that I know."

"Yes, I agree."

It was at that moment the door opened and Sid White stuck his head in. "Gentlemen, the time has arrived."

Sid waited at the door for his daughter along with Jonathan Kent. "I never thought I'd see this day." He said quietly.
"I know I thought this might wind up as dogs dinner."
Sid laughed for he knew what that meant, "You are so correct. How's Ti doing today?"
"She has the jitters, like most brides. She'll be fine, Rich is a good lad."
"He seems like it; put back a few last night."
"Oh the lads did that for sure, I'll bet they're feeling them right now."
Sid laughed; the door opened and there stood a giantess in white.

"Oh my dear you look smashing." Mr. Kent said with pride.
"Thanks Daddy."
"You look beautiful Ti."
"Thank you Mr. White. Heather is right behind me." Ti took her father's arm and started to walk away.

Heather took each step carefully, "There's my girl." Sid said with pride.
"Hi Daddy." Heather smiled.
"You look beautiful."
The white dress flowed down her back and draped carefully down her 'taur' body. "Thanks although I'm unsteady today."
"It's the nerves; you'll feel better when we're out of here. Take your time, everyone knows that you have to be careful."
"OK, prepare for a turtles pace today."
"That's OK; I'm in no rush to give up my daughter. You mean so much to me, your mother and I are so proud of you."

She smiled and began to tear as Heather heard her mother's voice from behind. "Sid don't you start, we just got her stopped."
Heather smiled as Sid grinned, "Cried a river??"
"Yeah it smells like wet skunk in there." She joked. Sid gave her a hug, "Well, shall we?" Sid put out his arm.
Heather took it and let her cane hang loose, she would use him as one. They had practiced this so it wasn't anything different. "Yes, let's." They started out for the altar.

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

Kalen Space.

Afain watched as Kira hit button after button as she read something from the display in front of her. It was all too technical for her, she knew history not machines. Cleo, however, found something that she was able to understand.
"I am tracking a signal from a probe of ours."
"Oh, that sounds interesting."
"Yes, it is sending out a star map, or should I say many star maps."

Afain knew what star maps were for, they made crossing great distances easy, if you had a powerful enough ship. You needed one if you were going to use a star map destination. In many cases some worlds were so far away they couldn't be reached in real time so a star map system was developed. The ship would move to a moment in space where those stars were mapped. It was done on major projects and if disaster befell a colony. The maps had to be extensive and precise or you'd wind up no where near or when you wanted to be. It was extremely dangerous and therefore not done very often. The other thing was that the power consumption was extreme; most ships didn't have the reserves to perform the maneuver. The Empire had ships that could do it but they were titanic, mostly for the reactors residing within their hulls.
"Anything else in the data stream?"
"It seems the probe was damaged and unable to correct its course."
"Then these are remnants from an extinct probe."

Cleo used mechanical tendrils to interface with the ships computer, it seemed to be trying to answer Afain's query. "I do not know, but its trail is distinct."
"Then it might be best if we follow that for a bit and see if it differs from our course."
"Oh that is not a problem, the old ship's course is almost exactly along the same route. I can easily pick up the data travelling that path."
"So you are recording this?" She queried.
"Oh yes and compressing it heavily, there is plenty of space in this starships memory but this could add up quickly."
"I understand, a probe. An old one??"
"Not sure, not as old as the ship but old just the same."
"This is turning out to be interesting so far."
"It is, with these sensors it has made things very easy, this ship is quite a piece of technology."
"Cleo are you envious?"

The machine didn't reply for a moment, "Afain, all I did was state that the ship was impressive."
"Oh, are you sure that's all it was?"
"Yes I am sure." The machine answered calmly.
Afain didn't agree, but she wasn't about to argue with it.

Church: Wedding Day.

Heather walked slowly, taking one step at a time. Today was a big test of her endurance and her nerves. She shook all over, which her father tried to compensate for by rubbing her paw gently. Everyone was here and she was so happy. She could see Hector and Richard awaiting their arrival. She saw her sisters in bridesmaid's dresses, a subtle blue; their choice. She wasn't going to embarrass them with horrid colours.
"It's beautiful daddy."
"It is that precious, I love you very much."
"I love you too Daddy, thanks for being there for me."
"We knew you were the one the minute we saw you. You were special then and you are now."
"I'm going to cry daddy."
"It's OK, they'll be tears of joy."

She made it to the alter in one piece; she had tears flowing down her cheeks. Hector saw and pulled the handkerchief out of his suit pocket and offered it to her. She took it graciously and smiled into his warm beautiful face. They held paws as Ti and Richard's ceremony was performed first, it was beautiful, Heather kept that piece of cloth very handy. Then it was their turn, she didn't know if she could say it, her throat felt so swollen but when it came time she said those famous words that all females and males want to say.

"I do." She swooned.

"With the power invested in me by the Church of England and our God I now proclaim you Hector and Heather, partners and mates, until death do you part. What God has brought together, let no fur put asunder. You both may kiss your brides."

Hector looked into Heather's eyes and melted into sweet bliss as he drew ever nearer to her tear filled face. He slowly raised her vale and looked deeply into her eyes for just a moment. He put his muzzle to hers and gently gave her a passionate kiss. It wasn't most elegant of kisses but
it was the thought and Heather drifted into the clouds.

Heather could just make out the cheering and clapping in the background as they broke the kiss:
this was their day. She felt joy and it was all thanks to her big sister Ti who was standing next to her and just breaking her kiss with Richard.

The two sisters turned to each other and hugged, "Bless you Ti, you have helped make me so happy."
"I needed this as well love, you don't how much." They both had tears flowing down their cheeks, they made a funny looking pair. Camera's continually were going off all about them.

Heather took Hector's arm as they started their walk out of the Church; it was splendor beyond splendor as they were surrounded by beautiful music and the love of their families. Ti and Richard followed at a stately pace just the way they had rehearsed to give the illusion of Heather's slow, careful steps as being a part of the ceremony. Heather had used Hector as her crutch through the entire ceremony and with his great strength no one could tell he was supporting almost all her upper body weight.

Everything had gone flawlessly but Heather couldn't wait until the evening when it was just Hector and her, alone.

It was then that her head was racked with immense pain, like someone had hit her with a hammer and she stumbled. Everything around her seemed grind to a halt, she couldn't hear anymore and her vision was blurred. She turned her head towards Hector; she thought he was saying something but she couldn't make it out. It was as if the world had turned inside out; she couldn't comprehend what was exactly happening. Her being was overwhelmed with terror, this didn't feel like what happened before; this was different. Something was very wrong!

She felt herself falling to the floor as she lost control of her body. Hector took hold of her and guided her gently to the carpet. She knew it had to be him because he was holding her so tightly.
She couldn't hear him but she could still make out the shape of his face as her vision turned red. She knew this was her end but she didn't want to finish like this. No, not like this! It wasn't fair to him. She put her paw to his face and she felt his strong yet trembling grip holding onto her. Droplets of water fell upon her face that could only be his tears.

"Don't cry my love," she thought. If this is to be my death then I'm happy that I was allowed to have my wedding day and to share this precious moment with you. Her feelings for Hector were so strong, she loved him so much; this wasn't how it was supposed to be damn it! They were to live in that new home, maybe even adopt some kids. "It's not fair!" her mind screamed. She felt her body shake and convulse. Hector's outline began to fade from view. She made one last effort to speak because something told her these would be her very last words.
"I love you Hector." She spoke but a whisper, she only hoped he could hear it.

In his mighty arms, Heather continued to convulse, her eyes rolled back up into her head. He found it difficult to keep her body from flaying about but he wasn't about to let her hurt herself. "Hold on Heather, help is on the way." Suddenly her convulsions stopped and she grew quiet. With one paw he gently stroked her head, trying in vain to reverse this horror. His other paw felt her racing heart slow continually until he felt nothing at all. Her body became deathly still, it was a scene out of a nightmare; people scrambled all about trying to help and all that Hector could say in total silence and sadness was, "No."

End of Chapter 17

Darkness falls.
Sad

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*WHISTLES* nice writing, Cheets. One heck of an ending to the chapter, too. I'm gonna be REAL interested in seeing what comes next.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Mad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Now that was not a nice chapter end.

Hmmm, I wonder, when exactly will Afain and company arrive ? What they do could happen before or after the other part of the storyline, not really any way to tell.

Hmmm another thought:
If Afain has her kids while she is in the US, would they get a citizenship ?
And what would they put in the passport in the field for "sex" ? Rolling Eyes Wink

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Sorry... Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

Sorry bout that...

It was hard to write......Sad

Crying or Very sad

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well lets see here, first the chapter was up to your normal standard of excellence (and before you go knocking yourself again that means it was good damn it) but uh you got me a bit ticked with that ending damn you. You see I read this chapter on my break at work and well let's just say that a thirty six year old guy with watery eyes and the sniffles causes quite a few stares. If this is what you have planned then so be it, it's your baby after all I can except it, it's damn hard though Crying or Very sad So yet again I say good chapter Cheets but I didn't like the ending (but only for emotional reasons) and I anxiously await the next one (who knows maybe your planning some kind of plot twist, I sure hope so)

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was evil, Cheets. And everything was going so well, too... dangit. Very well written but evil.
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolute bastard. WAAAAAH! Sad

Excellent chapter, but now I gotta go explain to my boss why I have red eyes and a sniffle.

"No sir, I don't do drugs."
"Yet you were snickering less than 2 minutes ago, now your silent and your eyes are bloodshot."

Send me to take the drug test.

Cause my drug of choice is Cheetaur's fiction. Smile

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Emotions Reply with quote

In writing the last sequence of events i too became emotional, whether that is good or bad depends i guess.

Is it good that an author feels so much for his characters that when one dies its heartbreaking.

I've never written a death scene, this was my first....it was extremely difficult and rewritten several times.

From your reactions i see i have stirred your emotions, i hope not in dislike for me...but in sympathy for Heather and Hector. I honestly thought i might try to change this part of the story and the more i thought about it the more it didnt fit into the rest of the story.....

Thanks for the comments i really appreciate them one and all, it helps me become a better writer.

If i can stirr emotions then i think i'm doing a good job...i'm just sorry it had to unhappy ones.

Cheets
Crying or Very sad

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With every good thing comes bad. And as an author of reknown, you should realize that your skills make us laugh, cry, feel happy, sad, or angry.

None of us are upset with you!

Congrats man on a heart wrenching chapter!

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From your reactions i see i have stirred your emotions, i hope not in dislike for me

Oh never, it was just hard to take is all as I'm sure it was for you to write I can guess that it's kind of like killing your own child in a way taking a character you created and nurtured only to bring about it's end must be as difficult to write as it is to read and you did a great job with it your talent is really something else.

Twisted Evil but of course you should really be more careful with this type of thing remember that movie "Misery" Twisted Evil

*Looks around scratching his head*
Hmm, now where did I put that 2X4 and sledgehammer? Mr. Green

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Aftermath : I am relieved... Reply with quote

Everyone took the drastic change in the story line pretty good, <looks out door sees strange car sitting there....hmmm>

Anyway 18 is shaping up and i should have it off to Mike maybe tonight...thanks for all the support and good wishes.

Wink

17 moved me in a lot of ways which a lot of my writing hasn't ...maybe this a stepping stone for me...hmm good or bad i think i did's good.

Later days

Cheetaur

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Mob Mentality Reply with quote

...must...try...not...to...strangle...cheetaur...
...must...not...kill...author...

Twisted Evil

How dare you kill off one of your characters? You filthin foulin filthin filthin foulin frakkin filthin foulin razzafrakkin foulin filthin foulin filth!! Why I oughta drive to Canada and filthin foulin filthin brikabrakkin foulin frakkin filthin foulin razzafrakkin foulin filthin foulin brothertruckin filth!!

Very Happy

Seriously, though...
Damn, Cheetaur- this was a *tight* chapter. This is some of your best writing to date-- and that's already considering the fact that you are a fantastic writer and storyteller! The story bounced back and forth between the two storylines, in an almost seamless merging of the behind-the-scenes problems both on Terra and in the Sabrina-clones' little corner of the universe, and yet neither story lagged for the effort!

And now, for the critizism...

Heeaaaatthhheeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

You took one of my favorite characters!
You'll pay for this!!!!

Razz

Okay- seriously again...
Man, I know that had to be hard to write. I'm peeved at ya for taking one of my favorite characters, and I wish you could undo it, but if it had to be done, then damnit, you let her go out on a high note. I don't know if I could have done better, and I won't even think to try.

Damn good piece of writing, Cheets... damned good...

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WHATHE.... Shocked

Wow.
Thats a very moving end...
Luckily noones here to see me wet my keyboard. Rolling Eyes

Aside from an unsettling ending, this piece is on par with your other writings, both in this story and others.

*Points to above* Read Absofrikinlutely Awesome!!!

Can't Wait!! Very Happy

Hutch

Visit my Deviantart!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: