Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Personal Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez was anyone hurt?

redcrescent27

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes about the Lestat thing... heh scary starbucks.. which one was that?
Shar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky partners at that store. Wish it could happen to mine. Weeee.. free week off Very Happy
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one saddens me the most, since by the time the research is done, it might be too late for many. Just to think that it may have been discovered by accident, according to my cycles.

Here's the snippet from 1010wins.com (NYC News Radio) on the subject:

[snippet]
Jul 12, 2004 8:42 am US/Eastern
The drug is called EPO, short for Erythropoeitin, and it is widely used by cancer patients and others to combat anemia caused by chemotherapy. EPO can actually make someone have more energy and put less wear and tear on the body. Now there is a new report that a derivative, a reformulation of sorts of EPO, called CEPO, may help people with nervous system problems. CEPO actually helps shield nerve cells from damage. CEPO may be helpful against stroke, spinal cord compression and nerve damage due to diabetes. Work is being done in lab animals but results are promising.
[/snippet]

My gripe is this, since the start of AIDS Research, all other research had stopped, and many such possiible cures halted. This sort of pisses me off because many researcher jumped on the HIV/AIDS-Nobel Prize Band Wagon, in hopes to find a quickie cure to save a few million people and get noterity, then to finish off a life's work that might only save a handful of people, but it just important enough. This is the key reason why I left the Bio/Medical field. (The other being the death of my wife.)

This discovery should have been made years ago, if not within the last decade...

One would need to read Snippets of a Digital Diary to understand my alterior motives as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Solis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen, would you by any chance have a link to that? My dad suffers from multiple sclerosis and would be very interested in finding out more about the drug, if it ever works out...
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solis:
http://1010wins.com/health/local_story_194084321.html

Its there now, but I dont know how long it will stay...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Starbucks openned yesterday, went there today. Nothing's changed as far as I can tell. Just the fresh coat of paint where work was done does not match the rest of the decor, maybe in a couple of years when it fades it might...

But the strange smell of disinfectant and bleach just seems to hang about the place... give about a month for it to fade Smile

The goths are still there, coming back to their hang out.

My ex-from-heaven called, she not doing too well. Health and personal issues, like I am. Hopefully we can get together for lunch and try to solve each other's problems. It seems that it works out that way- we cant solve our own problems but we can solve each other's problems...

Lets see what happens later this week.

Shar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was funny.. someone in the apartment above our store left their water running. It didn't take long before it came flooding through the roof of my Starbucks. Some odd reason.. all i could think about was yer story Elfen Wink

Sadly though, they didn't close down our place. Hmm.. i wonder what kindof water it was... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww Wink

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Words and a description:

1) Bath Water, which in and of itself is not bad, since many kitchens and bathrooms are usually connected to safe on pipes.

2) its the stuff in between walls and floors that the water mixes with that you have to worry about if its not a sewage pipe: roaches, mice, rats, dust bunnies, a couple of murder victims... who knows whats inbetween...

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elfen Curse Strikes hard, and how hard it did...

Let me spend the next couple of hours trying to explain what happened.
It is not that I am into revenge or villiante tactics, but in short there are many here in this damn city that actually believe that they can operate above the law. It is those types if idiots that I generally go after, except for a couple of evil goths, local drug dealer who forgets were is his territory is at and encrouches upon mine or a Central Park mugger.

In June of '99, was the start of the final 1000 ft death spiral for Education Plus in Lincoln Square Nieghborhood Center. It was a special program a friend and I started back in '88 which included a Summer Day Camp, After School Program, a Teen Mentoring (the first in the nation, with full college scholarship when they completed it) with the Investment Firm of Nueberger and Berman, Performing/Media Arts program, and many other options contained within. We were the first in the city to start a community HIV/AIDS Education Awareness as well.

My friend and I made a promise that we would do our best, only as long as the children wanted the program. Not the parents; parents have a way of spoiling things by enforcing them on the kids and then the kids drop out because they loose interest. It was in keeping that interest that we did our best in.

Amsterdam Houses, though located across the street from Lincoln Center, is one of the city's poorest and most drug/crime ridden neighborhoods out there. My friend and I took all that and made it better, for about 10 years.

But we were under the umbrella of Lincoln Square Nieghborhood Center. This imposed a form of politics that the likes left a sour taste in my mouth that I did not like at all. For years we ran with salary cuts, we even had to run with $0 for a while, but continued without pay because eventually when the money came- we would be there to continue onward. In short the place reeks of politics and congress- the evils that I so personally hate.

In June of '99, our executive director retired, which brought in a new excutive director- who was alreaady in trouble for the problems she caused at her community center- Grovsenour Houses Comminty Center. In short- missapproprieation of funds, equipment and falsifying of documents brought a federal indictment to that place the likes no one has seen since the former mayor of this city (R. Guliani) went after John Gotti when he was the US Prosector.

But she managed to hide, and ended up at my place.

I have had dealing with her before, and knew her to a very bad apple.

Enter another person. "Roxy" is her name. She tried to run another program, trying to ride off our coat tails, and take credit away from us and place it on herself. In March '99, she was the cause of a child's death, but yet manged to dodge the proscuting bullet by blaming it the school and natural causes. The child died from Asthma- but the condiction was aggrevated under her care... a long story that will be revealed by pm if one is interested.

These two managed to gain power that summer almost immediately. And the unfortunate tide of events began to surge into a tidal wave after that.

By the end of the summer- I was told to merge the Education Plus program with Roxy's program. I refused. Education Plus was more than just a program, it is also a copyrighted entity. My friend was on medical leave, but she was also forced to give a decision on this merger, and she refuse to work with, over or under Roxy. Then I was given a second chance to approve a merger, I refused.

Falling at 600ft per minute, Education Plus only had 100 ft in its death spiral. I was terminated in Sept. 30th '99.

At this point Education Plus as a viable program ended at Lincoln Square. But upon termination , I disclosed the fact of Education Plus' copyright, and warned them that any use of the name, program elements and/or staff names in any form will be met with a force of lawyers and court proceedings that the center will find no other option than to pernamently shut down.

The remaining staff of Education Plus managed for a bit longer. My Art Director (Derick Cross of Criss/Cross Connections) managed to last until Christmas, until he too was fired for "failure of cooperation." My interns managed to hold out until the following year and they were let go...

I warned the excutive director that this new order that she had laid out will not last 5 years, even with the fact that I had laid along the way various traps for her be the cause of failure disclosed to her, even to the extent of details of what these traps were going to be. In short, even if I were to be gone from the place, I still had some control over it.

With me gone, parents started to take children and teens away from the center. Programs began to fail, and a couple of minor traps were set off. Funds from the city were being removed and donations fading, all which came from Education Plus. Each step they took, they fell back a few dozen.

I recieved a message on my cell phone; prescribed in a particular fashion so that only I would know who it was from and what it was about.

The message was:
"As of July 30- the entire staff of Lincoln Square was terminated."

4 years, 10 months to the day I was fired, they were shut down.

Now, I have to continue on with the work of either reopenning the place or keeping it shut down for good.

Problem is- my heart is currently filled with vengence and evil from other person things are are going on in my life, that I do not want to see that place open again...

Hence my dilemia.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This person had previous dealigns with you and still tried games? Ah, well, stupidity is only cured the hard way at times. *smile* I don't think I'd ever care to have you as an enemy, Elfen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it never ends...
My friend is back in school and at her place again. Lestat however is another story.

One reason I go to the Starbucks at Astor Place, is because of a free acess wireless node I can tap into from there. But there are three in at area, so, you can guess which one I'm at: hint- its the 24 hour one, and there is only 1 of those of the three.

Anyway, I go there from as I usually do, on those certain days, keeping aware of area, the Cube and everything there is of Astor Place. Then there he was.

Almost tripped on him. Sleeping under the cube. Looks like he lost it all, and as far as I care, I dont. I asked around the other goths that hang out in the StarBucks and surrounding area. It seems that he has been in the area, begging for money, sleeping under the cube or in Washington Square Park, and being a homeless bum (though I feel sorry for most homeless people, I dont for him). The money he gets from begging, he spends on drugs (typical) and very little on food or to take care of himself. Winter's coming around soon, so if he dont get his act together, he's going to freeze out there... not that I care.

All I can think of is, "Look how the mighty has fallen..."

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your little run in with him caused his downfall or was it something else?

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His downfall was of his creation.

If he was such an almighty goth leader, then he should have been able to take better control of what might and could happen. Instead, he was living in an illusion of power and control, and it bit him on the ass.

As for me, I would have bitten back, but he didn't. Thus continueing his fall into a deeper spiral. Lack of backbone on his part.

All of which would not have been started if he is decided to be a truthful and nice boyfriend to my 1/3 of my life long friend...

But he took actions against her and she came crying to me. And the one thing I cant stand is a crying girl, and the reason why she's crying... so I took care of the reason...

So if in the end he ends up being frozen popsicle in the streets of New York, i ts his fault in starting the cause and effect upon himself. Even if I am the cause of his effect.

e

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it under the right condictions with the right person, everything you tried to be gets stripped off you and leaves you nekid and vulnerable, and yet you enjoy it happening to you...

Dont answer unless you want too, I already have my set of answers.

Anyway: Spent 1/2 of the weekend with my ex from heaven. Well, She forced me to wait 6 hours for her, and then added 3 before we had our time together. (And yes, nothing happened, just keep reading. Yet it was worth it.)

Her only son (my god-son) wrecked the OS on their computer, and she requested for me to drop by their place and fix it for her. But she was coming from out of state, thus the wait I had to endure for her. They own a Mac - what we call the iMac SnowBall- the White iMac. Its been upgraded many times, mainly for her son's school work. Well, School gave him a set of OSX CD-Roms and told him to "Upgrade!"

He did, and the CD set was incomplete, and the system (OS9) got trashed, hence the reason why I had to drop by to fix it. For me it only took the better part of 5 minutes of mouse clicking and keyboard typing certain codes. It took the software I used 3 hours to get the job done. Oh Yeah, It Was Scrambled Alright! But I recovered it with a 99.999% file recovery.

We talked. We sat together, she offered food and drink but I refused. Her son was there and I taught him a few of my Mac secrets; but it was awkward for us having him around. Interesting comment she said though, "...he has his father's genes but your brain, explain that." Well, in his early years, I would say from infanthood to about 4th grade, I helped her raise him, so some part of me lives in that kid, if not, the gods would have some answering to do! *Shakes Fist At The Sky*

It was strange being together again. Awkward is more the word. She'll be calling to drop by my work sometime after Hurricane Jeanne passes by the city. I bluntly said, "Either in emergency or every nine months you call, while I leave a weekly message on your answering machine..." Well, I sorta made a joke on my comic strip about it... She finds it funny. As does the rest of the R/L Alphas.

During our goodbyes, while in a hug, she said, "If my boy was not here, things would be a bit more comfortable..."

All I can say is "SIGH..."

You guys know what that means.

Lets see what happens after Jeanne passes by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: