Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pencil and ink tutorial/ WARNING! Fem.nudity in these images
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strange-fox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I WANT a wacom... I've set my eyes on a Wacom Graphitepad3 Studio A5XL... See? I remember it without thinking...

Well I have some 3000 SEK to collect... should be around 350 us dollars or something... Guess I could buy me one with that money.

You use photoshop?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a PhotoShop 'Clone' called ULead PhotoImpact. It has many of the features of PhotoShop but at a quarter of the cost. Couldn't afford PhotoShop since I spent all my money on the Graphics Pad. Razz

Cirrel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea what kind of stuff you people are talking about, all i know of, is photoshop and a few other programs, but some of this stuff blows my head out of the water. i do the same stuff as strange-fox. even though all i have used and done is P7, my mouse, and 3 pictures...

so cirrel, think you can give me the low-down on whay exaclty a graphics pad is? is it like a digital pen or sumthing?

ICG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to draw with your wacom (or other tablet), I strongly suggest the corel painter. The wacom is shipped with the painter classic and you can instantly start drawing/painting, it behaves much more like 'real media' than Photo Shop. It's simply much better for painting itself. If you don't have the money for a new version of Painter, you could try OpenCanvas.

For the average Joe a very cheap replacement for PS is GIMP - it's free!

ICG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
The better ones can not only tell where you are drawing but how much pressure you use.

The cheap tablets nowadays have already wireless pens and pressure sensitive tips on on the pen, the better ones have even angle detection of the pen for better simulation of brushes, pens etc. (-> Wacom).

I had a very cheap one, an Aiptek, it was 39 € some years ago, later on they sold it for less than 29. The pen was quite fragile (but didn't look like it would be) and I got very quickly the feeling it didn't work very good, the cursor made sometimes little 'jumps' and a line drawn with a ruler across the tablet wasn't really a straight line. Mad The pressure sensitivity was quite good though.

It didn't last for very long, I bought another one because I thought it was maybe my fault it broke, but the 2nd one died even more quickly and it turned out it was the pen again. Rolling Eyes

If you want to draw with it, buy quality. I've learnt (paid) my lessons, I have a Wacom Graphire 3 XL now (that's a model without angle detection) and I'm very happy with it.
It's active area is A5-format (ca. 20 x 15cm). I can not recomment to buy a smaller tablet if you want to draw with it.

Edit: I wanted to add, my Wacom pen got a 'rubber' on the end of the pen, very useful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: