Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Sing His Own Praises
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You still have your family..." Ellani said softly, "I have nothing left, save the weapons my father inscribed for me..."

A tear started forming in the corner of her eye when she recalled the reason for her banishment. As it reflected the light of the fire, her entire eye seemed to be ablaze.

'Stevin... why was your brother such a hardhead?' she thought as the tear rolled down her cheek.

Current GB rating: 3750 GP (Silver Axe)
Current Guild Rating: 10/20

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob looked up as he heard this, mentally correcting her when she mentioned that he still had his family. No, not all of it.

But physically he just looked to her and nodded softly, his paw moving to wipe away the tear from her cheek before he stopped himself, thinking better of it.

"I'm sorry to have brought up family... we can stop now if you want," He said to her, trying to look as reassuring as possible despite his turned-down lips. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to."

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani turned her muzzle towards Rob, smiling, although her eyes betrayed her sadness.

"Yes, let's stop," she started, "I'm not quite ready to tell you what happened."

The vixen leaned closer and kissed the ferret on the cheek.

"Thanks for tending my wounds and for being so undertanding."

Beware... My battlecry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob blushed as before but much more noticably this time, rubbing the spot on his cheek where he had just recieved the kiss.

"No need to thank me. You were the one feeling all that pain while I was fixing you up," Rob chuckled and patted his knee. "And as for being understanding, well, I find it wise to be as such with anyone who can rip me to pieces at any time they choose."

He gave her a big wink at that, even went so far as to gently nudge her ribs... before realizing exactly where that PUT his elbow, at which point he again blushed and pulled his arm back.

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani stifled a chuckle at Rob's obvious embarrassment.

"You northerners are all the same... blushing at the slightest things," she said in a humorous tone. "And don't be afraid of me, I don't go around ripping up my companions over such minor things. It's only when they betray me that I'd do such things."

"Besides, you shared dinner with me and tended my wounds. Ripping you to shreds wouldn't be a nice way to express my gratitude, no?"

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob couldn't help but laugh at that.

"No, I suppose not," He grinned and chuckled, sitting himself up and finally making it to his feet. "But the hour is late and we've still a ways to travel."

He cricked his back and removed his cloak, folding it neatly and placing it on top of the two satchels he'd set down near the fire.

"It will be good to rest for a change. I haven't actually slept since I left the village yesterday. If I got groggy, I just took a sip of that wine and... well, let's just say I doubt anything will wake one up so quickly," Rob explained as just before he paused, looking to the cloak and satchels that no longer adorned his body. "Wait a minute... where is that one..."

The puzzled ferret looked about and inside (even beneath) his belongings, his expression showing that something was clearly missing.

"I can't beleive this. It seems as though I forgot to bring my blanket with me..." Rob caused and semi-laughed with a shake of his head. "Of course. I remember my handkerchief, but not my blanket. How terribly like me."

He shook his head once more before taking one of the satchels, opening it and looking to some of the scrolls it contained.

"Oh, well. I'll just go on again without sleep. These scrolls and a little of the wine should keep me occupied until the dawn, eh?"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani couldn't help but laugh at that.

"Don't be silly robert, you need your rest," she managed to say between sniggers.

"My blanket's big enough. I think it can be wrapped around the two of us if we stay close enough."

She couldn't refrain from chuckling as she imagined his reaction to that.

"And don't worry, I'll leave on my skirt. Just remember, paws off, okay?"

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"WELL... uhm.... uh...I...." Rob's cheeks once again blushed beneath his fur as the prospect of her words hit him. "... who could refuse that?"

He said with a shrug and a grin simultaneously, although the grin was mostly to mask his misgivings. Putting away the scrolls and taking the last sip of wine ("taking one last bit o' courage" as his Uncle always said), he moved towards where Ellani lay. He scooched over now closer than he had yet, mostly likely but an inch of space between them (NO space at all would have been present if he were facing her).

"So..." Rob smiled and clasped his paws together in gesture. "How close do we have to be?"

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellani studied the ferret's frame and the size of her blanket before coming to a conclusion.

"I don't think the blanket's wide enough to wrap around us if we lay next to each other," she states rather dryly. "So I guess one of us will have to use the other as mattress."

"Robert, let it be clear that if you don't want to, I'm not forcing you."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"NO no no no, don't misunderstand. I WANT to, certainly," Rob paused and winced at the comment he had just made. "Well... you understand what I mean. I just don't want to invade your personal space."

He immediately clamped his mouth shut before he could follow that train of thought and sat up straight.

"So who gets to be on to-," He bit his tongue. "I mean... who would you prefer to be... the mattress."

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sweet Taruna," Ellani said between fits of laughter, "just listen to yourself..."

She laughed for more than three minutes before recovering herself, her shoulder painfully reminding her to take it easy.

"Ouch... heh... I think you'd better be on top," the vixen grinned. "I doubt you would appreciate my weight on you for that long."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well, I wasn't going to say anything but you're probably right, yes," Rob said a bit bashfully, somewhat embarrassed over the fit of laughter he'd been responsible for.

It was then that he rolled over towards her (Yup, NO space left between them now), propping himself up on his elbow to rise. He kneeled and straddled the Vixen's knees, taking special care to keep all his parts in check as he lowered himself forward, trying DESPERATELY to keep his attention on her eyes... cheeks... nose... ANYTHING other than what he was lowering himself down upon.

"You know," Rob chortled, shaking his head. "Of all the possibilities I thought of my first night's sleep of my journey being like, NONE even remotely resembled this."

Well.... the ones I took seriously, anyway. He added in thought.

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shows that you should always expect the unexpected," Ellani chuckled as she slung her good arm around his chest.

"Comfortable enough? If so, wrap the blanket around you."

"Before I forget... Don't be ashamed to look at my bust, okay?" she finished. "If I'd mind, I wouldn't have asked you to remove my armour."

Beware... My battlecry
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is logic in your words," Rob sighed, realizing he was being a bit silly. "My apologies for my unreasonableness."

He wrapped the blanket about them and even brought himself to feel quite comfortable using her as a 'mattress' as it were, though the hint of blush beneath his fur never entirely faded while he was still awake.

Rob settled back, curled up in a great blanket with a great vixen, and actually found his eyes closing most readily, the strain and weariness they'd fought off until now finding their release.

"Rest well, Ellani. We'll continue our journey on the morrow."

"This is PNN".
Fluffybun
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Robert, you rest well too," Ellani smiled.

She let out a deep contented sigh. The vixen was quite happy, and it showed. She had always loved travelling with one or more companions, and the feret that was resting himself on her seemed like a good one.

'Decent fighter, he knows how to pach up someone, and he's a gentleman,' she thought with a warm smile, 'unlike some of my previous companions.'

With that thought echoing through her mind, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Beware... My battlecry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fluffybun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 4 of 46

Jump to: