Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to my world...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
"The Gardener" is such a tragic story it depresses me everytime I work on it. If WoP made you a little misty-eyed, the Gardener will have you finding a tall rafter and a short rope. I'll work on it eventually but it may be a while...

I'm sad to hear that. I've enjoyed all your stories. While I admit The Gardener might not win a literary prize, it has an innocence to it that appeals to me. The "lost waif"...so much hope, so much to discover, with spring just around the corner. ...And it sounds like nasty old Mr. Reality as well.

I'll forgo the rope, thank you, but inquiring minds want to know what happens next... Wink I do hope you eventually continue the story, even if it does becomes darker.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
"The Gardener" is such a tragic story it depresses me everytime I work on it. If WoP made you a little misty-eyed, the Gardener will have you finding a tall rafter and a short rope.

Confused I don't see it as a tragic story at all. Sure, she had to go through a lot of crap (but not a lot compared to what some of my characters had), but things are really looking up for her now. Smile

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:
"The Gardener" is such a tragic story it depresses me everytime I work on it. If WoP made you a little misty-eyed, the Gardener will have you finding a tall rafter and a short rope.

Confused I don't see it as a tragic story at all. Sure, she had to go through a lot of crap (but not a lot compared to what some of my characters had), but things are really looking up for her now. Smile

Oh, but you see I know how it ends and that is what is tragic...

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:

Ok, if you have already planned it out and have a bad end, then that is different. But the reader can't know about that.
Of course, you might also think about changing the end of the story and make it less tragic, especially if this inhibits your ability to actually write the story.

caspian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:

Change the ending to a happier one or one with hope.

My thoughts

Casp

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Casp if i did change the ending it would be a different story. If you have read "Waves of Passion" and if I perhaps just ended it at the sex scene it wouldn't have been nearly as powerfull a story. Take heart, I am working on it slowly.

To tide you over I posted my most recent story Jia-yun on my web site. It is only marginally furry but it has a lot of action, sex and magic. It is the first draft right now. Please let me know your thoughts and any corrections if you do read it. Thanks.

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kathmandu All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: