Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Good News At Least

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Some Good News At Least Reply with quote

The PTA will be temporarily be hiring me as an educational consultant until the Dept of Education starts to rehire all those they laid off.

But the problem lies in that they might run out of money if this lay off becomes an extended period (2/3 to 3/4 of the school year).

Until then, its a wait and see situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Bearion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News At Least Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
The PTA will be temporarily be hiring me as an educational consultant until the Dept of Education starts to rehire all those they laid off.

Good news! And a 'Bout time! Hope it works out, dude!

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: The Plot Thickens. Reply with quote

It seems that the Dept. of Education is going to rehire the lay offs back shortly after the start of the school year; of course, at a lower rate of pay than before.

But, that is not the problem for me. It seems that even though I am one of the few with the highest seniority, it is they who are going to choose as to which school I'm going to be drafted into:

Skills and qualifications- too many to list, but computer and network skills of both worlds: Macintosh OS/OSX and PC/MS Windows, Novell (now who remembers that!), Unix/Linux and Cisco. Great with kids and taken several kid-related programs through out my career (Child @ Risk, Mentoring, Childhood Education, and much more), besides me having my own after school/summer child center before the politics of the place changed and I got kicked out. Well, at least its nice to know that they burned down their own bridges and were forced to close shop the following year.

To make a long story short, it seems that my name has come across the computer screens of every prinicipal's regional network in the city, and they all cast their polls into the water to see who can fish me out and back into the system.

Looks like its some school (PS 137Bx) up in the Bronx has caught my name and has been trying to contact me, and tell me to show up to work on 9/9/03 at their site: 5 miles away into another borough.

My current school is only 2 miles away in the same borough I live in; and its been part of the original program that I help develop over 20 years ago: The Computer School System.

For me, that would be a major change in many things. Travel for one. Venue and subject review, new faces to scare [Place Evil Laughter Here], a new staff to over power and pursaded to do my bidding....

The good thing is my contact information on the Dept of Ed computers have not been updated since they have been first created back in 1986 (lol!), so all my information is out of date. This gives my school a second chance to try to fish me out of the murky hole that this damn mayor has created. Since my prinicipal told me that they have not been able to reach me, that I should continue to play dumb while he and the rest of the Computer School Network (3 in all; 2 Jr. highs and 1 Elementary), try to get me back.

What was that saying I quoted such a long time ago in the Quotes thread of Everyday B&B? Oh Yeah:

"If patience is a virtue, then why is Evil patient? Evil will wait over a thousand years until the time is right to act..."

Well, its time for me to be Evil again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
em-see

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck dude!

Always fight fire with fire - it's such a versatile tool Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: