Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPGs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caspian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: RPGs Reply with quote

This is for the more old fasioned Pencil and paper type of Role Playing Games like D&D, Ruin Quest, Tunnels&Trolls, Iron Claw(which i am running an on line version of), Champions, Gamma World, Rifts Etc.

I curently play and run about a dozen RPGs I run Gamma world, Feng Shui, CHampions, Iron Claw(online) and D&D3.5 and play in Pendragon, D&D3.5 Buffy the Vampier Slayer, GURPS, C&S and Champions.

So what RPGs are you all involved in?

Solis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do DnD 3.0 (I haven't gotten the new manuals) and Vampire: The Masquerade.

I used to do a forum Sci-Fi RPG, but I didn't have the time. And the shipbuilding rules SUCKED.

Last edited by Solis on Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only RPGs I've played so far are Das Schwarze Auge ("The Black Eye" THE German fantasy RPG; compared to some others rather easy rulewise too) and Mechwarrior (the Battletech RPG). I have some Shadowrun rulebooks but I never played it because I don't have anybody to play it with. I also have the Furry Pirates rulebook but haven't played it yet for the same reason.

I'm gonna try D&D at MFM and I'm playing Iron Claw online but I don't know if that counts Smile

Anyway, this all might chance soon. Sep, a guy I met at the Fantasy Inn used to play a lot RPGs and he thinks about starting again. If he does I'll join in. The games played will most likely be Shadowrun, Aliens (yes, THE Aliens. You're playing a group of Marines and have to enter a space station/research outpost/etc. and find out why the contact to it broke down. Of course, there are Aliens you will have to fight. I was told the PC survival rate is not too high Wink) and Paranoia.

I really hope this will work out. I've always enjoyed RPGs a lot.

Ayannah
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I used to be part of a Werewolf: The Apocalypse RPG, but I'm not sure if I still am..

I'm also part of a message board rpg ^^; But I don't think that counts..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RebelSqurl

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently invovled in two GURPS furry campaigns being run online on AOL. One of them, going on since 2001, is based in the "Birthright" era of the Albedo universe. The other, more recent, was a fantasy genre adventure that ended somewhat abruptly due to RL taking a couple of the players out of the game.

I've also gamed with the Hero System, Toon, Furry Outlaws/Furry Pirates, and am planning on getting the new Albedo RPG from the makers of Ironclaw at Anthrocon. I'd love to be able to RPG more over the summer, but alas, few furs or gamers in this area. Thus, online stuff is about my only hope. Any way to organize some of the furs here for an online game?

CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This count for gaming RPG's? Such as Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Ogre Battle etc.

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Caspian stated in his post, this is about paper and pencil RPGs, nothing that is played with any kind of computer/console.

So the answer would be: No.

Fantastic_fitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I play in
D&D 3.0 (5 different campains)
Starwars Rpg
and
a Final fantasy one my friend and i have created using different PHB from other RPG games

if your looking to play a onling RPG go to www.hdrpg.com thats where i play

Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play one and only ONE Table Top RPG

TO put it simply there is no better one than DnD.

I play 2.0-3.5

I have 11 characters (I think... give or take a few)

And partisapate in 7 (or more) campagins!

Beware of a Female Half-elf looking Tattoo Monk walking around in your campagians she can be a real... hmmm... bitch isn't the right word.... But she is something ..Ravi Sarrowsong, Terra Sarrowsong, And Austmil Sarrowsong are all very interesting.

It's story time kids.

You see about 100 years ago Ravi's Father Austmil (half Elf) was biten by the Duaghter of the Overlord for all werewolfs. (this was after he had terra with a treifling) After turning into a werewolf his new wife (ya know after 10 month of having actually known each otehr) gave birth to Ravi. She was tuaght in the ways of the Barbarian! After Austmil's Father in Law died he took over as the new over lord. Then about 17 years ago A fight insued with the Vavmpires. And Austmil died as well as his wife. Leaving Ravi as their only heir to the "throne". So at 10 years old Ravi was left incharge of all the werewolves of her territory. As scary as that sounds she was no where near afraid. She had been raised by her father to be tough and crule./ ANd she ran them that way. Taking revenge fr her parent's death. She continued and tried to run a conquest over the matrial plane. 5 years ago after much sluaghter ravi was finally taken captive by Monks. Using several very powerful Wizards and Sorrcers they wiped her mind completely and put a kinda curse on her that whenever she does anything unlawful she gets a massive shock down her spine a very painful one. Only several things have resurfaced to her mind.

1. Her parents where killed in a stupid war

2. She was the Overlord to the werewolves

3. Monks Numed her and her powers way the hell down to scrap.

Any way yeah she is possiblely my favorite character right now.

Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, RPGs are surprisingly effective against targets that only have shrapnel ar-- what?
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Fantastic_fitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think you have weird characters

i have a level 10 half dragon paladin/mage, and a lv 5 werewolf ranger, a friend of mine plays a half celestial and i just started a blind elf mage(uses his familar too see)

all characters were started at level 1

Solis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a psychotic (really, the guy was a mass murderer) elvish sorcerer who was all to obsessed with fire and blood and death... (Was gonna become a red dragon disciple before I figured out how badly that class sucked in some areas)

a bored, overbearing cleric of helm

and a generic, tree-hugging druid

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find pretty weird is that as far as I've heard in the 3rd edition of Shadowrun they have rules for playing Ghouls and Shapeshifters.

Why wierd?

Well, Ghouls are known for attacking (and eating) everything on sight and Shapeshifters aren't humans that can turn into animals, they are animals that can turn into humans.

I know *I* could not RP any of these properly.

Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walky

The level 14 Half Red-dragon
Drunken but with a heart of ...err...gold?

Well he isn't always drunk. But he does like fast amount sof alcohol for his jounries. He's a speical kinda hero. He is Hlal's (Dragon Goddess of humor) choosen one. Ya know to go on quests...get her eggs and milk. He has alreayd been to hell, Pandamonium, and several dragon graveyards. Hell was by far teh funniest place to go. He hads low tolerence for anything small annoying and boot pecking. So because of him.. his party got to go threw several fights they cold have avoided.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: