Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye PF. BH signing off.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sould I stay ro should I go?
leave.
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
-Tackle hugs BH- NO!!! DON"T GO
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 22

bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Goodbye PF. BH signing off. Reply with quote

I have thought about this for some time. I have never really been exepted here. When I first came I may have been an ass but then I changed. I am now problibly the nicest fur here and still you shun me. I may see you again some day. Crying or Very sad But I do dout that. I will keep drawing my furry pics but may not show them here.

Good bye my friends. May you all get alonge better with out me.

I am and never was welcome here. Your actions speak lowder than words. I try to help someone and get shunned for it. Crying or Very sad
You may not see me on the KWKAT chat room again. I will stay in rage though because there are people that like me there. Crying or Very sad

Peace out. From a lonly and forgotten tiger dragon.

I am not really sure If I sould do this.

-Starts to cry as he takes off his PF vest and holds onto it not sure if He sould do this.-

May you be happier without me here......................................................................bye Crying or Very sad

Last edited by bonehead54321 on Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... Bye?
Pleades

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait!! I'll talk to you... don't leave... I don't think people really shun you, at least I hope not, that would be sad... I don't talk to a lot of people on here to start with (2) but I'm not shunning people... maybe you think your being shunned when in fact your just over-looked... over-looked isn't so bad, it can be a good thing. But don't leave, lol, I'm sure you've still got something to offer us here. Razz
Pleades not pleiades... I spelt it wrong on purpose... honestly... o.O ...
RDF's ToM Smile
Razz Silverfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude... we will always notice anyfur that posts... we may not all notice it.. but somefur has to.... and also... you think this forum would be the same without our... um..most well seen bonehead Very Happy cmon dude... stay... but just don't expect to have the entire attention of this board Smile
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thats not the way we should end things BH.

I thought you and I were back on track!

Gonna miss ya small fry.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye PF. BH signing off. Reply with quote

bonehead54321 wrote:

-Starts to cry as he takes off his PF vest and holds onto it not sure if He sould do this.

When'd they start issuing vests?

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A screw it. You guys are stuck with me forever. You hear me FOREVER

But can you please state you are kidding or joking around please.

-puts vest back on.-

Now can someone delete this thread. It saddens me.

I was a little pissed when I did this so thanks for you support. Very Happy

See ya around the forum.

Peace out.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm... I'm not so sure this thread should be deleted. That way, the next time you start feeling mistreated or put upon, you can look in here and realize that it's not that clear-cut... with my vote, that brings it to a fifty-fifty call - and it's early days yet.

BH, you've got to remember, this is an area where lots of different furs can gather. Some will play nice. Some won't. Some will wait to see how you play, and then base their responses off of that. (I think most furs fall into that last catagory.) It's tough to be universally liked - and to be honest, the only way I can see of pulling it off is to be so milkwatery bland that no one can remember you enough to dislike you.

<dry> Trust me, fellah, with your outgoing personality, you ain't ever gonna be that bland. </dry>

And now for a completely different digression. *Climbs up on soapbox*

Folks, we need to start thinking about some of the things we post. Bonehead is doing this now - if you'll stop and think about it, he's improved a lot since he first started here. He's matured a fair amount even in the short time I've "known" him, and he shows all the signs of wanting to continue.

I think that sort of thing should be encouraged. And I'm not talking specifically about BH here.

Lately, some of the humor around here has become... well, I'll be blunt. It's become awfully cruel at times. And it gets taken too far very quickly - we've become somewhat hair-trigger, and our efforts no longer always measure up to the standards they held in the past.

The example I'm about to point out is just the one that coalesced this matter in my mind - I don't intend to single anyone out, or to try and assign blame. This is intended to make people think a little bit, and maybe to bring back some of the friendliness and - yes, I'll say it - love that seems to be ebbing away.

On another thread here, BH made some comment - a quite civil one, actually leaping to another fur's defense, expressing the opinion that some of the joking might be going too far or give an inappropriate impression.

Maxx posted thereafter, issuing several "kick" commands, and making some funny comments when they didn't "work". A bit cruel, maybe - but within the bounds of teasing, again maybe. And I admit, they were funny enough that I laughed out loud at work. To be honest, I even think that BH would probably admit that they were more than a little funny.

But then several others joined in, echoing similar jokes.

Robert Heinlein, in one of his better books (not that it's easy to judge!), once divided humor into two catagories. One type is funny forever. The other type... well, use it once, you're a wit. Use it twice, and you're a halfwit. Geometric progression... or worse.

Kindred, I think we're dancing on the line these days. True, all humor (beyond simple word games like puns) is based to some extent off of unhappiness - as the Admiral pointed out in Stranger in a Strange Land. But to my mind, what distinguishes funny-forever from funny-once is this: funny-forever is based off of laughing at pain, in order to overcome it and to grow beyond it. Funny-once is based more on laughing at someone, which tears them down. It causes pain, rather than fighting it.

Friends, since I've started making this distinction, I've done a fair bit of thinking on the matter. It's changed my outlook, enough that I notice the difference. Funny-once isn't as funny any more - and it's becoming less so. But funny-forever - that doesn't lose its flavor. I'm not losing my sense of humor... but it's becoming a lot more selective. And I like the taste I get out of it more than I did before.

Like I said, I'm not saying all this to dump on people - that doesn't fix anything. But what I'd like to see come of all this is a curbing of the destructive side of joking. I'd like to see us all reaching out more to help each other, and less extending of paws to point and laugh.

Just my views, but they're important to me. If you've got the time, do me a small favor - think about it. Please.

*Steps back down from the soapbox*

BH, I don't know you all that well, but I like quite a bit of what I'm seeing. If you're willing to allow me that honor, I'd be proud to call you "friend" - and to shake your hand. Virtually, at the moment... and, if we ever get the chance, in real life, too.

nytwolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote makes it more then 50-50.

*claps and whistles to Galadrion*

Very well put and such a beautiful ending.

Now, it depresses me to say that I've been rather harsh on BH too. I'd forgotten the bit of love I've been lucky enough to earn in the short time I've been here. I always looked down upon the people that acted exactly the way I did.

*hugs BH warmly* Sorry guy. Hope to see you around.

You can always get me back by kicking my *** at Counter-Strike. *giggles and pokes*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you came back around.

Now get your scaly butt back into the sponge thread... I was just getting warmed up. Twisted Evil

Seriously, good going deciding not to drop PF. Where else would (could?) corrupt you so thoroughly?

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you staying with us, BH. You do make it more colorful around here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Razz Silverfox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-sticks a yellow sticky note to BH's forhead the reads "beware: contents contains nuts"- welcome back man ^_^ so happy your stayin... also. no need to take anything said in here to seriously.. take life to seriously and it shortens your life by twenty years... Razz
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sticks a "Kick ME!" note on BH's back*

welcome back kid Wink

Razz Silverfox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-is so tempted.. but is in a good mood.. so won't-
:lilangel: :evilbat: :lilangel: :evilbat: :lilangel: :evilbat:

Rava

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add one more note here BH.... If your getting harrassed by the old timers... You are an accepted member of this board. And seriously unless Whip bans you, no one has the right to tell you that you do not belong except you!

We discussed you at AC actually (the few old timers in the hallway at the time... No i wont say who) We all agreed that you were doing a wonderful job of making an effort and in such we all agreed to cut you some slack in case of a slipup. I can honestly say I have not seen such a slipup nor do I expect one. I dont post often mostly becasue the amount of threads makes it impossible for me to keep up with it all. You and I tend to move in different threads. Dont take that as I dont like you. Take that as we have different tastes in threads. No one is universally liked. Strong personalities tend to get love/hate reactions.

There are those on this forum that are not too fond of me and some who would defend me to the point of flaming. You also have these types of problems to overcome. 3 years ago I was asked to tone it down too Smile So there is some hope you know. Hell If a loud bitc# like me can do it... So can you. And again YES you ar doing a wonderful job of keeping your cool. I wont vote since this is the type of poll I dont think should be answered that way. You have me answer hon.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: