Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghoti's AC03 Journal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Ghoti's AC03 Journal Reply with quote

Day MINUS 1!!!

7/16/03 - OK. After a YEAR of counting down, I am finally on the way to Philadelphia for Anthrocon!!!! YES!!

4:00 AM CT - get up, 3 s's, and wake my wife up.

4:30 AM CT - Wife still not up, gets airhorn.

5:00 AM CT - Wife up, airhorn firmly wedged, and I am now walking funny.

5:15 AM CT - Baby puppies fed, Big pups outside, Big dogs still sleeping, Wife has coffee and pliers. Im still walking funny.

5:30 AM CT - airhorn now removed, car loaded, one teenage child sort of awake and is taking care of puppies. We LEAVE!!!!!

6:00 AM CT - Airport looks deserted at 6:00 AM. Kiss and hug my wife goodbye, grab bags and dash for door. At the counter, the guy takes my check in bag and places on converyor belt... No security check. Odd, as my parents asked me to bring some canned goods from TX that they cannot get in the Philly area...oh well.

6:05 AM CT - Tickets and security checkpoint are passed - again, not even a glance at my laptop bag...REALLY ODD.

6:05:30 AM CT - the waiting game begins...

6:30 AM CT - still waiting, decide to write, pull laptop from bag and...it will not turn on. Hmmph. Check batteries, fully charged. Try power cord, still nothing. DAMNIT! Mike's phone number is in there, as is Shirh Khans!!! Grrrr. Decide that breakfast is in order.

6:30AM CT - Breakfast ordered, and surprise, it is tasty! Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, hashbrowns, and biscuit with gravy! WOO!

7:15 AM CT - And, breakfast is done, and I am back at the gate. Only 45 minutes till we take off.

8:05 AM CT - WE ARE FLYING!!!!!!!!!!

12:05 PM ET - We are landed.

1:00 PM ET - I am at my parents house, with a hoagie in hand!! ROCK ON!!!

3:00 PM ET - Nap time!!!

6:00 PM ET - Steak and shrimp dinner...DAYAM! I LOVE my parents!!!!

8:00 PM ET - Decide to walk around town...Welcome to yuppie central! Dear God, what has happened to my home town!!!???!!! There are kitsch stores EVERYWHERE!

9:00 PM ET - Walk over, I am feeling like Rip Van Winkle. Not sure I like the feeling.

11:00 PM ET - Speak with the lovely Maggie and go to sleep!

Last edited by Fishburne on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope the airhorn was properly disposed of, and/or incinerated. Very Happy *snort*

Take Pics!! PICS!!! CON STASH!!! *foams*

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: AC03 - Day 0! Reply with quote

Ok, a little different format now, as it is now Saturday and sleep, the once sweet elixir of life has fled screeching from me. Ok, to tell the truth, it hasn't. I must be some kind of fogy when I cant just stay up until 4 am without zoning out and losing conciousness.

Ok, Before the Convention, I made plans with Josh, Rava, Mike, Crystal, Shirh Khan and family to go to Dinner on Thursday evening. This plan gave me time to hang with my parents and relax poolside. Well, I certainly had no relaxation, as the youth group from my parents church came over to play in the pool! Which was a TOTAL blast from my past.

OBI-WAN-FISH, the Cannonball god... School is now in session kids. I ended up teaching 5 boys and!!!! 3 girls how to do cannonballs, watermelons, and Can Openers. It was hysterical.

Ok, you dont wanna hear about this, as it is akin to watching me pull the slides out from the family vacation...from 3 years ago.

SO, ONTO THE CON!!

I get to the Adams Markaround 7 PM, PAY for parking, and wander inside. There is a line to get up to the registration desk, and there are piles of people waiting to get up to their rooms. Cool. I'm in the right place. LOOK, A FURSUITER!!! - DANGER DANGER DANGER...wait, wrong show! So, I take a walk around, and I am in AWE at the folks I see, and the stuff that is already happening!!

But, I haven't seen any of our furs!!! WAAAAAAH!

So, I troop back up to the registration area and proceed to look for them! No one there. Then I grab the concierge and have him show me the house phones. I call Mike and Crystal as I know their last name. YAAAY! they are in, and are on their way down to meet me! Hugs all around!

We then discuss options for finding Shirh Khan, Rava, and Josh. Look! Approaching through the sea of registrants is KHAN!! and Izzy, and Daughter in tow! I wave and they see me. Of course its hard to miss me, as I am quite a bit larger than Mike and Assa, and waving like a maniac with no motor control.

We go and have a seat and Mike tries to call Josh and Rava. No uncomfortable silences here, we just start yapping it up, everyone talking and smiling at Shirh Khan's daughter (who, by the way, is THE cutest baby on the planet).

Mike comes back, and was unable to get them on the phone, so we all brave the elevators and go POUND on their door. Why? well what would you be doing if your fiance was in the same room as you? I THOUGHT so. Hey, guess what? They are not there! So we head back to the lobby, and are just waiting around and BAM!! There are Josh and Rava! With some other dude...its IRON RAPTOR!!!! COOLNESS ON A STICK! So its time to go eat!

Now, you gotta understand, I'm from the Philly area originally, and I had NO desire to eat at Denny's or any other chain restaurant. I wanted a CHEESESTEAK. And from South Street. Off we go!!

I take Mike, Crystal, and IR in my car, Shirh Khan, Izzy, Rava and Josh are following close behind. We head directly there, and start looking for parking. No parking anywhere. Gotta head to a lot <grumble> where we pay 9 bucks for parking.so, we troop up to south street. We are all chatting away, when someone says "Condom Kingdom?!?!?! Fish, what kind of place are you taking us to again?" and we all laugh and keep walking. Then the conversation turns silly, and all the FEMMES want to go in there. But, we head in to Jim's steaks and order up some wonderful SOUTH PHILLY GOODNESS!!

Once everyone has their tasty repast, we head UP STAIRS to look at South Street and eat. Everyone oohs and ahhs while eating the cheesesteaks, but the silence lasts only a moment. Rava decides to tell us about her trip to the Montana steak house and a very odd conversation she happened to hear.

More tomorrow, as I am late for the con!!!!

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Fish! Keep it coming! And say hi to all of them from all of us. Smile

Oh, and very important: Tell Crystal Raccoon that I am not blowing her off, and that I'll have something for her very soon. Thanks and have lots more fun!

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Rolling Eyes Nice to be updated.

Too bad I can't be there.

And Hi! from me to everyone there as well.

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give'm my Best Fish! Don't forget about the you know what either!!!!

SkunkFox Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Day 0 continued! Reply with quote

Ok, Rava is telling us about a conversation she OVERHEARD at Montana's steak house.

Iron Raptor starts giggling, and Josh looks somewheat fearful. Shirh Khan, Mike, Izzy and I are observing all this with some trepidation and a bit of excitement. Why excitement? Well, the excitement was from me, as I had not "met" any of these furs, yet here we are, sharing what is to become the theme quote for the weekend.

"Fish, shut up with the amazing glory of meeting the folks, get on with the damn story!"

Allrighty. Lessee. Rava was looking for their waitress, and turned to see if she was present, and she overheard the tail end of a conversation at the next table. (Shhhh IR, I can hear you giggle as you read this) The gentlemen at that table were saying "They ought to make a replacement for a catheter. Something that fits over and applies gentle suction." or something like that. My mouth drops open, Josh looks at me with the patented Joshy look, and IR blurts out, "What if it broke off while inhalfway?" At which point, all of us guys winced for alot!!!!! Luckily we had all finished eating our cheesesteaks and such, and were just kibbitzing.

Mike stands up a moment later (post wince) and pulls out the digital camera to take a shot. He has it ready, and tells everyone to say cheese. "CHEESE!" everyone says but me. I lean in, and in a loud clear voice say boldly "CATHETER!"[ and proceed to smile extra cheesy as the flash went off. (Mike has the pic, and as soon as he is home, I figure we will get to see it.) Now, did I mention that the second floor dining area was filled with other diners? Well, it was...for about 10 more seconds. As soon as the words finished echoing (yeah, the place was as cavernous as a one bedroom efficiency in Tokyo) diners stood up, turned, and marched down the stairs.

We cleared Jim's steaks with ONE word, Femmes and Furs! ONE WORD! MU-WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now it is time for the walking of South Street. Which was in one amazing direction, BACK TO CONDOM KINGDOM!!!!!!!

Now, I have not been to South Street in 10 years or so. I had no idea what the place would be. It could have just been a condom store. No, my dear friends, it was not only a condom store. As we got closer, the women folk were laughing and teasing about how much fun it will be to go in. The men folk all looked somewhat sheepish and in one case, downright afraid. So, we arrive at Condom Kingdom! Hooray. The women march right on in, and Khan is left holding the baby. Mike follows Assa, and Josh marches on in after Rava. IR is still refusing to go in, and getting hysterical that we can SEE through the window at the gang giggling over something. So, without any further ado, I marched in and saw what was what.

First, lets talk about the decor...
Imagine the birth canal...post coital. without the cloying stickyness. Ok, bad idea. Imagine a medical description from a childrens textbook on happy girl and boy sperm (right, for all you visual people, that would be pink and blue) swimming towards a glistening white dome (not too far akin to half a golfball, if Tiger Woods was 250 feet tall).

Now the selection of product was interesting from body part pasta (P***s pasta and B0oB macaroni for you visual gangs) and rather anatomically amusing Squirt Guns. Ya know, the male ones. Josh is snickering and the women are laughing at all the stuff there. I walk over to Josh, who holds up an amusing bumper sticker. Rava bought it. and Assa remarks that there are some books behind me, and have I read the Kama Sutra? I kind of remember muttering something, but I could have just blinked. Then from over my shoulder I hear Rava remark on the lovely selection of handcuffs... At this point, my mind made a bonk sound and just sat back and said, these are YOUR kinds of people. BIG OL SILLY GRIN!

Then there was the comment about a Y shaped device with certain male features that was BLUE.and someone remarked how it was fun. Another blink, and a hard left to the mind!! (he's reeling folks! Can he withstand the beating???) Then Josh looks at this glass case and points out the final thing that sent my mind to Happy-World Land. Cherry Flavored Anal-EZE. In the handy 1 oz size. OK, Mind is shutting down...I look at the dome and realize that there are some amazing toys back there. and that, if given the opprtunity, I should run. Away. Fast. But Do I?? NO!!!!! So much for obeying a self preservation instinct. Josh has called me over to the wearables department, and we are perusing the t-shirts and snickering at the sayings.

I looked out the window, and Mike, Khan and IR are sitting there giggling. Now, THAT looks like fun. I mumble my excuse and leave, just AFTER having a discussion with the fair Izzy as to why Anal-EZE needs to BE flavored. We never got to an agreement on that. No, I don't wanna know if you have the answer. <shudder>

Ok, so I head out, and Josh follows shortly thereafter. The WOMENFOLK are still in there, and 2 return with bags. O.o Well now, someones gonna have a GOOOOD night! Now we head back, and get the cars, and drive on back to the hotel.

I did mention that it has been 7 years since I was IN Philly? Yeah? Good. Now, I used to be able to make a left on Vine Street to hit the expressway. Not anymore. and the next place to turn left was in THE BADLANDS. That ain't no place to be, even if you have an armored vehicle. Which we didn't.

So, we made the left, drove fast, made a left, then a right then a right then a loooooooooong right, AND we made it to the Vine Street Expressway. No further difficulties were had, and we made it to the hotel with alacrity.

Everyone dispersed to their rooms, and were to meet in Mike and Assa's room shortly thereafter.

I decided to see if I could register for the con...but seeing as it was now 11:00 PM...No.

More tomorrow and we can finish out Day Zero!

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say one thing to make it even stranger for Fish. Imagine me being there talking and showing them all the new toys? And Explaining why they make flavored anal-ez. Wink

Fish if you can please find Jodi Tong at the con for me and thank her for creating LSD!! She's the awesome comic behind http://houseoflsd.keenspace.com/ and she's in the AC dealers room! She'll be at MFM!!
SkunkFox
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kerdalyn
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavored Anal-Ez... Um... No I don't really want to know.

I thought that someone like you would have a blast in a store like that, I know that I would. Wink I'd even want to buy some things. hehe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerdalyn wrote:
I'd even want to buy some things. hehe.

*Grin* The only thing that might hold me back - might, I say - is the fact that THE CON IS YET TO START! OMG! MUST SAVE MONEY FOR CON!

But... HECK, YEAH, I'D GO IN THERE! Are you kidding? If I didn't, how could I ever look my evil reputation in the face in a mirror again? Besides... I'm a writer. Oh, the ideas...

BTW, Fishburne... or anyone else from the con who may be reading this. Have you run into Beau Wolff yet? I know he's there, and I know he's in a fursuit. Lemme know if you hook up with him. And, echoing something from above... POST PICCIES! I can't be there; I WANNA SEE! Pleeeeeaaasssee.... <insert sickening image of grown thirty-something lad groveling>
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you, Fish for having so much fun Smile

And I would never go into such a store on my own... but then the others go in... you know, in groups we are stong Wink

Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could be up there with you guys... curse my age Sad
Oh well... Anthrocon 2005, something to look forward to!
Nahima
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we get to see pictures? PWEASE!
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn left into the Badlands? No thanks, I'll keep driving. What little regard I still have for my own life kicks in at that point... Mad

Though if you're not packing heat I suppose you could throw the anal-EZE at them...

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahima20 wrote:
Will we get to see pictures? PWEASE!

Of course you can!

I took about 100 pics with my camera, Rava has some KICKING shots, and Mike and Cirrel have oh, probably the finest pics of all.

now to find a place to store them!!!!

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fishburne All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: