Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just considering...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I leave?
Yes.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hell no!
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Who are you? Why should I care?
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
It wouldn't make a difference, much.
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Noooo, *grabs the bunny* dont leave...
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 26

Ayannah
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was scanning at first, but the croanies thing really caught my eye Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drauger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-puts down popcorn bowl-

Okay I wasn't going to get into this, but now I feel I have to in order to get my morning kicks. A warning would be good and yes sometimes I find myself posting much more than I should, on days with nothing better to do then scan the web for something fun to do. I think we do need to chill on bones though and I'm sure he'll chill as well. He's a cool dude man just let's all try to be nice here. huh? Can we do that and maybe he won't post as many messages? Just a thought.
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gryphon and Drauger are the cooles furs here. The rest of you are pretty cool but these two I see are a fun loving bunch. This is no obsession
My furry art gallery is an obsession

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drauger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys he's a nice dude just let's chill and he'll chill he's not wanting to hurt no one. If some of his posts are a little crazy and childish it happens. Let's not go making him mad about it by being a bunch of mean people and not giving him another chance. I'm sure he likes being here and that's the reason he posts so much. Just let's cool down this post is getting hot.

Blessed are the peacemakers they are usually the ones that end up with the brusies.
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you drauger that is really the only reson I post so much. All you other furs can't let a subject drop Andwhen you insult me I respond.
Hints you are tring to kick me off. Now how would you respond if that was happening to you Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ayannah
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of us like good, clean fun. Not spam fun.

Well, I shouldn't be speaking for all of us when I say that.

Oh, and do you not notice what you're typing normally or something? Because you seem like you're insulting people without even catching what you're doing. "I might just be the best furry here"? Meh. Sickening that you have to pump yourself up like that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drauger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, crap you ticked her off, she's beautiful untill she's mad that even scares me, not that it makes her ugly it's just frightening. Please stop this bickering can't you see what's happening things are getting out of control just like RDF said and now he's gonna leave and we are all gonna be sad. Bonehead might say stuff that could hurt people's feelings but I'm sure it's not on purpose come on let's just not fight here or else things will get out of hand again. His posts are usually good some spam but most of his posts have meaning. I mean come on guys when he says he might be the best fur you know as well as me he's just joking around. Do we really want to get people mad about something that could be so easily solved with just a little self control on both our ends.
Ayannah
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you hate it when people edit their posts after you've responded? Meh..

When you insult us, Bonehead, WE respond. Ergo, if you stop, we stop.

Excuse me if I'm being out of hand here, but your holier-than-thou attitude is disturbing.

Edit: Forgot to mention... Sorry RDF that your post has taken such an... interesting turn. I honestly hope you don't leave the forums, but I can see why you would want to...

Drauger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayannah wrote:
Don't you hate it when people edit their posts after you've responded? Meh..

When you insult us, Bonehead, WE respond. Ergo, if you stop, we stop.

Excuse me if I'm being out of hand here, but your holier-than-thou attitude is disturbing.

Edit: Forgot to mention... Sorry RDF that your post has taken such an... interesting turn. I honestly hope you don't leave the forums, but I can see why you would want to...

Holier than though may be to the extreme there annie, do you mind if I call you that? however cocky may work for some of his posts. Just let's not knock him and he won't spam, I'll admit I like the dude cuz I talk with him personally but he has spammed. He'll stop the pointless ones if we ask nicely not like this. This really does nothing but start sparks.

Also I would like to give an appology because I actually have posted more than him but I have had a week from hell so I didn't have much else to do but try to have a convo with some interesting people. This is my last post for the day untill later tonight when I work on that RPG but I'm cutting back. Bonehead I think that would be a good idea for both of us to cool down a little and post a little less. I personally am leaving because now I can play my drums again like I couldn't last week. So i now have my life back. Smile
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. And all of the above is true and I am sorry. Crying or Very sad Thanx Drauger Cool
your the best. Any friend of Drauger's is a friend of mine.

Shar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonehead, I really don't think you're such a bad character... I think you just need to learn some respect....

Responding like you did in this topic just shows that you don't know when to drop things and let them be... best thing to do would be to just let it go and move on.. hopefully learn from your mistakes...

The furs here are good people... they are very nice people... but as with all people they are only nice if treated nicely... you know the old saying "Do on to others as you would have them do on to you"?

So seriously, while I don't think you're a bad fur, I just think you need to learn some respect...

To get back onto the topic that this thing was originally started for... RDF the choice is yours to make... RL should be more important your virtual life... so if you feel you need to focus on that maybe you should..

These are just the thoughts in my head... I just had to get them out.. Confused

Ayannah
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drauger wrote:

Holier than though may be to the extreme there annie, do you mind if I call you that? however cocky may work for some of his posts. Just let's not knock him and he won't spam, I'll admit I like the dude cuz I talk with him personally but he has spammed. He'll stop the pointless ones if we ask nicely not like this. This really does nothing but start sparks.

Umm.. why are you defending someone who insults people fairly often?

Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:

<snip>
We do have fun here. We've also learned something else you may want to consider: when you learn to have fun with someone, as opposed to at their expense, you get a lot more back out of it. Happiness isn't a zero-sum game, where if you have more, someone else has less. Build others up; don't tear them down. It all feeds back around - make sure what you hand out is what you want to get back.
<snip>
And blessed be.

"Happiness is not a zero-sum game."

That is a concise and beautiful assessment of the situation.

I think most of us should have that tattooed on the insides of our eyelids so we see it every time we blink. I'm going to put it into a Word document, embellish the text, make it really big, print it out, and hang it on my wall at work. You are most wise, Sir Galadrion. Cool

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP!

Ok, now that I have everyones attention:

I have been here as an ACTIVE member for just about 1 year. In that years time, I have seen a serial basher disappear (Where oh where did Dark Ferret go?), made some great friends that I speak with daily, learned that I can write, and its cathartic, discovered that I enjoy the brit-brats, watched two of my friends fall in love, and one of my good friends die. I've seen some WICKED changes come down in the last 3 months. Some good, some awful.

Good: We have a multimedia presence, and a live chatroom for that too!
Good: We have new membership! AND THEY WANT TO READ AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE!!!! - remember at the end of 2002 we were ALL complaining about the lack of interest we had seen? People were not responding to the posted stories, people just didn't seem to care? Remember that?

Bad: an excess of spamming. - I am guilty of doing some of it, just as many others are.
Bad: We had a major war on our hands with the religious flamewar last year, and it took some serious damage control to put things at a level that makes the cold war look like a happy little candle. Heck some furs STILL have bad feelings about that episode.

Look, what I am trying to say is this: Last winter we were all pretty sad at what seemed to be a lack of interest in our gifts. We, for the most part, produce images and stories as a way of expression, and we love to have responses about them. Even if it is not what we would LIKE to hear, it is those same responses that allow us to grow. So, this spring we get some new blood!

Hooray!

BUT! This new blood does not act the way we want, nor does it seem to want to follow the same self imposed structure! Instead of taking the road we used to take (Help out and offer suggestions and guidance) we offered no assistance, we attacked (specifically: I did with the whole Grammar And Spelling Police <GASP> bit), we took offense where it could have been turned into constructive help, and we alienate where necessary. Guess what folks, I am TOTALLY guilty of doing this.

Bonehead, Drauger, everyone: I apologize for not taking the high road and supporting our new members the way I should.

Lets start over. Welcome aboard Bonehead! Welcome aboard Drauger!

We have some great furs here, and I'm sure you will be welcomed into the community we have built here. There are only a few rules we try to adhere to, and those are:

1. Be kind and tolerant - We are a diverse community of many different viewpoints, please be kind in your response, even if you do not agree.
2. No Flaming.
3. Spamming is not good, no matter what some say, and excessive spamming is not tolerated.
4. Respect. - Respect for your fellow furs is foremost.
5. If you feel that a post has offended you, and you absolutely must say something, please discuss it in a private post, or even off the BBS in chat somewhere. If you want it to be moderated, please ask! I, or any number of concerned furs, will be more than glad to lend a neutral ear!

So, can we all start over? I also asked Maxx to lock this thread. I think we all need a breather and maybe we can start over.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: