Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real furries. They are possible.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this possible
yes
77%
 77%  [ 17 ]
no
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

JamesPI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you also misspelled "dimension" in your profile to the left. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Just proofread your posts once before submitting them. It just makes you look so much more intelligent.

I'm not about to read your novel up there, but I would say that, no, it's not possible, unfortunately.
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonehead54321 wrote:
well sorry for not spelling it right. it has been fixed and your posts are null and void. put that in your pipe and smoke it

Really! huh, I still have to "remeber" that.

and where is a dimention? is it close to detention?

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I've got a feeling that we had this discussion before... Oh well...
"Is it possible?" Some might ask. Well it sure could be if we had the technology, and if we didn't have all this red tape, and public being against genetic experiments.

Rumors have it that scientists are working on reviving the Tasmanian tiger. Judging by what I've heard is that they have enough genetic material to pull this off, without having to use eggs from a compatible species. What does this mean?

Now we humans can be modified, surgically, but can a fully developed...
Ack!!! Never mind... >.<

* and runs off to spoil himself with more coffee *
RodTerl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Creation Reply with quote

SCREEEEEECH!!!!!!!

Ok, Who called Cool

Prod, prod, poke poke.. hmm, yep, Im afraid as this is not an Adult site, Im afraid Ill have to drag the bunny off somewhere private. Twisted Evil

Hmmm, as for the possibility of creating furries, how many different ways would you like me to list, which variations, and the approximate time lines and technologies required? Cool

I wonder if I can sell anyone my 15 year old holoDNA scanner?

RodTerl

Give me $10 million, and I can get you to orbit in a week, the Moon in a fortnight, Mars in a Month, and Alpha C in a year. Andromeda, Ill save till after I have a holiday Cool

By the way... this is taking it easy. In an emergancy, I can go from scratch to orbit, in less than 10 hours. Twisted Evil

caspian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said no. I do not currently believe furrys are possible but they could be possible in the not too distant future.
Solis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that this is just wishful thinking.

It would take a hell of a lot of genetic modifications to make something even remotely resembling a furry.

I mean, just look at the differences in number of chromosomes. Humans have 24 (or 25 or somewhere around there...) and some animals can have up to 38.

Soemhow, I don't think that it's gonna happen anytime soon.

But maybe I'm just a cynical bastard

*crosses fingers*

We can only hope

bonehead54321

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the spirit. It is true that they have more chromosomes than we do. But you have to remember that a lot of them will be removed. I don't think we want a lets say a half tiger usung you as a scraching post or hunting you. Or walking on all fours. We want them to talk. If it.s a demestic bread of cat like a normal house cat, we don't want it rubbing against our leg and meowing. Not to mention that all speicies have a mating period wich will be removed so that aspect is just like us humans. Anytime Very Happy .Remember that furries are humans with animal additions to give them an upper hand. Certon genes will be mixed around, such as the one that diffines height or muscular build. Hair will be partly replaced by fur since it will only be one there heads. Kiara doesn't have hair since that gene was replaced by an inhansment. She only has fur and the tuff of long fur at the end of her tail. Almost all of the other have hair. If you don't believe me then answer me this. What diffrence do you see detween the furries in a story and us? other than tails fur and apperance.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solis wrote:
Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that this is just wishful thinking.

It would take a hell of a lot of genetic modifications to make something even remotely resembling a furry.

Actually it is not. At least not compared to the actual size of the DNA.

A DNA roughly contains 30 to 50 GB of data, depending on the species but recent researches suggest that only about 10% or so are used information. The rest is evolutionary trash. Imagine a computer where the temporary internet files haven't been deleted in 10 years and a defragmentation had never been done. If that is true there isn't so much to change after all.

Plus, it's proven that our DNA is only to 2% different from those of our next relatives (I forgot which species of moneys it was). I think the difference between a human and a fur would be even less. After all, you don't add extra limbs or anything. The only real additions are muscles for the tail which isn't a big deal. Human embryos have tails and human babies born with small tails are rare, but not too unusual (meaning, it happens more often than you think). The rest is actually the same is in a human, just in a differen form. The basic plan of all mammals is the same. They are just formed differently.

As a last note and disclaimer, I don't have much actual knowledge about Genetics, Chromosomes and all this stuff. I've only seen and read a few things and my information may be wrong but I still think that sooner or later genetic therapies that can turn a human into a fur will be possible and considering how fast science moves on, I think it's more likely sooner than later.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a FYI Tygon our genetic cousins are chimps and they're apes not monkeys.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue me.

And it's chimpanzee, no chimp, and no, they aren't. There is one species that's even closer related to us but I can't remember it's name.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of Chimps, whose names elude me right now:
Light Faced Ground Dwelling once, and Dark Faced Tree Dwelling ones.

The ground dwelling ones are 98.XXXX5% genetically close to us while the tree dwelling ones are 98.XXXX3% genetically close to us; as for them- only .00002% separating them.

Gorillas are still in the 98%-tile bracket but a lot lower than chimps, as for Orangutangs fall a couple of whole percentage points away from us.

No other animal is related to us genetically closer.

Some would say that I'm related to jack ass and a mongrel dog, but that's my family linage... Mr. Green Others may differ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Solis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, some people would say the same things about me.

Only they know what would happen to them Twisted Evil

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Sue me.

And it's chimpanzee, no chimp, and no, they aren't. There is one species that's even closer related to us but I can't remember it's name.

IIRC, bobono (sic). This came up in another forum as part of a discussion of the "Aquatic Ape" theory of human evolution.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Tygon wrote:
Sue me.

IIRC, bobono (sic). This came up in another forum as part of a discussion of the "Aquatic Ape" theory of human evolution.

Cateagle

The Closest Genetic unit to Humanity is the MOUSE.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
The Closest Genetic unit to Humanity is the MOUSE.

Shocked come again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: