Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How far does the story spread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burningfox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

altered

Last edited by burningfox on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Galadrion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:01 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

Hm. This question would take way too long to answer tonight - I'm minus on sleep as it is. But I can point you to a really good source - Beau Wolff's links page. I'm lousy at using this UBB code, so I'll just type out the address here - you can copy and paste it to your address line, and it'll get you there.
http://www.northwood.org/beaumont/miscellany/links.htm

As I said, this is a great source - he's got links to almost twenty tales in this group, as well as writing three of his own. You can also go to Rava's link page - she's got a few that Beau hasn't tied to (yet). Mike Regan's got around a dozen of the stories on his site in .pdf format. And, of course, you can try the links pages posted by each of other writers in the constellation - there's quite a bit of overlap, but you'd be amazed what else can be found there too.

Incidentally, welcome aboard! *offers a hearty pawshake* Look around, have fun, read a bit... We're a pretty friendly bunch, and there's always room for a few more folks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:03 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

Huh. I'll be a monkey's uncle... UBB went ahead and fixed the link without me. Dadgummed bulletin board's smarter than I am... I guess this is what it feels like to be obsolete...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rava

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

As far as the stories some of us colaberate to to keep the story lines from clashing. But Chris and James are on their own... Josh, Evan and I work together. Evan works with a few others as well but if we all tried to keep it straight we'd all go crazy.

Serina for example can't happen 'offically' in my story, it would ruin my storyline. But at the same time I enjoy that story very much and was very flattered when Keith asked to include my character.

I have trouble trying not to clash with Chris and James. James inpaticular since I am ahead of him timeline wise and I play with his characters. Thats one reason why I try not to use them too much. I also dont like using other peoples characters too much. I got James's character wrong once and James had to remind me of it. I'm just glad I had a habit of checking back then before I posted and that James is so good at giving feedback. Even now I check with everyone except Chris about the "Chris Yost" character since I am the only one who has ever used it other then James the one time he needed to name two characters that worked for him back in the early chapters of the ZZ story.

As you can see if we all tried to keep it going together it would be a huge mess.

On my stories page I have links to both Josh and Evan's stories there under the heading of crossover stories. They are the only two I'm "offically" linked to.

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Rava ]
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

Greetings!

Don't forget that some of the characters pop up as guests in other stories, too...

Doug shows up in Kitty White's 'The Idea factory', and The Cyberdragon's 'The way things work' have a few more...
(Anthrofiction.Com and The Dragons Den respectively)
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

It's sometimes hard to tell how much the stories connected. There are some event's that are reflected in almost every story, like Sabrina leaving Columbus. However there are events that happen in one story but aren't existent in others.

Otherwise I think Ray is quite right. Afew of the stories are definitely 'alternate timeline' like Serina or The Tale of Two Sabrinas ans it's sequels.

For the other stories, you have to decide individually if they fit together or not, but one thing is sure:

They are all Sabrinaverse Stories
burningfox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

altered

Last edited by burningfox on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

Let me echo the others and say "Welcome aboard". In the case of my story and characters, the main connections are, as Rava said, with her story and Josh's, though there's been appearances in both Chris' and James' stories [nb. there is some timeline disconnect, for a while, between our three stories and Chris']. Additionally, I've one scondary character who appears in Shirh Khan's story and, of course, older versions of both Debbye and Lee appear in "Gone Wylde". The "Serina" crossover takes place in, as I think we all agree, a parallel "Sabrinaverse", much as Cheetaur's stories do.

There will be more corssovers showing up, I will promise that. They are already plotted into my story after the first story arc finishes.

Best wishes,
Cateagle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cateagle:
The "Serina" crossover takes place in, as I think we all agree, a parallel "Sabrinaverse", much as Cheetaur's stories do.

I even say so on my stories page on my website. I've just got too much going on that actually couldn't happen if I had to stick tightly to everyone else's continuity. It would be amusing (and more than a little flattering) to have Serina (and/or crew) show up in someone else's story, but it just ain't happenin' with this wonderful set of stories currently out there.

Kinsfire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

...and no, that was not a hint...

Kinsfire
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

Sorry, but no...

The correct link is:

The Raccoon's Bookshelf: A damn good collection of fine stories...

You must get the title right...
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: How far does the story spread Reply with quote

As everyone else said, welcome! And I hope you're enjoying "Sabrina Online: The Story" and "Tabitha"!

I don't have the URL in front of me (I'm actually at work right now), but most or all of the Sabrinaverse stories are available at the Old Raccoon's Bookshelf, so if anyone else has the URL, please feel free to post it!

All the best,
Chris
Author: "Sabrina Online: The Story"
Co-Author: "Tabitha" http://chrisfoxx.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It spread's like a uh errrr....won't say it. I know a few of Chris's cast goes over to Jame's story, his pops up in Rava's (i think), then there's MaxBR (whose kinda obseesed over Sabby....until lately *who was the other skunk with him on the other months Sabrina-online?!?*), lets see a few of Chris's cast is gonna pop up on my own story, uh I know Sabby also comes in on Josh's fanfic on one of Chris's characters. Huh it's all kinda interconnected when you look at it closely enough. Kinda scarey when you think about it isn't it? Nearly half of the Sabby'verse story's I've read so far all seem to be interconnected by one round about means or another to other writers and their creations....well except for that one nasty adult sabby site(I hope Eric got the e-mail about it). Evil or Very Mad
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It spread's like a uh errrr....won't say it. I know a few of Chris's cast goes over to Jame's story, his pops up in Rava's (i think), then there's MaxBR (whose kinda obseesed over Sabby....until lately *who was the other skunk with him on the other months Sabrina-online?!?*), lets see a few of Chris's cast is gonna pop up on my own story, uh I know Sabby also comes in on Josh's fanfic on one of Chris's characters. Huh it's all kinda interconnected when you look at it closely enough. Kinda scarey when you think about it isn't it? Nearly half of the Sabby'verse story's I've read so far all seem to be interconnected by one round about means or another to other writers and their creations....well except for that one nasty adult sabby site(I hope Eric got the e-mail about it). Evil or Very Mad
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkunkFox wrote:
(whose kinda obseesed over Sabby....until lately *who was the other skunk with him on the other months Sabrina-online?!?*)

As far as I know she is a character Eric created for MBR so he would elave Sabby alone. She looks exactly like Sabrina, except that her fur coloration is inverted (black is white and white is black). I don't know any details about her but I've heard her name is Anirbas Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: