Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 4:43 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

I ponder, but wonder…for now…with what information (evidence), where and when will TABITA inform her elder sister ‘bout that horrid accident…?
Will Sabrina believe her story? Or will Tabita’s effort to save her sister be in vain?
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:22 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Regan:
To me it is obvious that Sabrina knows Future Tabitha is there and believes she is who she says she is. The scene with young Tabitha shows this.

How so, Mike? I guess I missed that scene...

-Shirh Khan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
pbwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 1:12 am    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

The scene that I think that Mike should actually be talking about is the pregency(sp?) scare Sabrina had. In that scene, they head to the Doctor's and find out that she wasn't pregnant, but that she also did not have Endometriosis(sp?). It's then that she debates about telling her doctor about the "cure that was made for me". So, by that scene in the Sabrina timeline, Future Tabitha has contacted her, but the extent of the contact is a mystery.

If the scene that I think Mike was talking about - the Baby/bridal shower one - shows us anything, it that Future Tabitha has had some form of contact with her childhood self, and that could take us into an entirely NEW set of problems for our favorite skunk sister.
pbwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

whoops, forgot about that one... so many stories, so little time
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 4:20 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

I think there is another evidence that old Tabitha has been to the past much earlier.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a scene where young Tabby was drawing a picture of a skunk named Terl ans said he's the one she's supposed to marry some day? Now see who we find if we take a look in the Bios for 'Tabitha'

All the Best
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:40 am    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shirh Khan:
How so, Mike? I guess I missed that scene...

I believe Mike was referring to the scene in Chapter 41 where Sabrina goes up to comfort Tabitha after their father sends Tabitha to her room.

Cateagle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:09 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

Okay...I went back and reread chapter 41, and I can see how it could be possible that Tabitha from the future has gotten in touch with the Sabrina of "now", especially considering that the future Tabitha does end up appearing much sooner in the past than she wanted to. But truly, this is speculation; we haven't seen any real evidence of future Tabitha's appearance to the Sabrina of "now" in either storyline. I'm not knocking the possibility, but I'll wait a bit until I get some more evidence that says Tabitha has actually gotten in touch with her sis from her past.

-Shirh Khan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
kaze

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:51 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

Think this is where Tabitha started developing her Obsessive Compulsive stuff? Somethin' here just ain't quite addin' up. It takes one hell of a jolt to cause that kind of disorder, if I remember correctly. Could the theoretical meeting of one's past and future self cause that kind of jolt, 'specially on a five year old? The world will never know (until Chris either says yes or no, or writes more in his story).
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:44 am    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kaze Okami:
Think this is where Tabitha started developing her Obsessive Compulsive stuff? Somethin' here just ain't quite addin' up. It takes one hell of a jolt to cause that kind of disorder, if I remember correctly. Could the theoretical meeting of one's past and future self cause that kind of jolt, 'specially on a five year old? The world will never know (until Chris either says yes or no, or writes more in his story).

Hmmm... possible Kaze, but I think for a child like Tabby it's enough to see her older self doing it and thinking "That's funny!" and then start doing it herself. Small children are that influenceable. The fun about that idea is that Tabitha got that disorder induced by herself. Funny time-games

Though, I admit your explanation sounds much better

All the Best
kaze

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:49 am    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

For more information on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), visit http://www.1-obsessive-compulsive-disorder.com/what-is-ocd.html. I don't have it, but I tend to gather information on that which I donot know. Peace.
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:19 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by pbwarrior:
The scene that I think that Mike should actually be talking about is the pregency(sp?) scare Sabrina had. In that scene, they head to the Doctor's and find out that she wasn't pregnant, but that she also did not have Endometriosis(sp?). It's then that she debates about telling her doctor about the "cure that was made for me". So, by that scene in the Sabrina timeline, Future Tabitha has contacted her, but the extent of the contact is a mystery.

Ya know, I didn't think about it like that, and only in perusing the old posts did I remember that scene. That is a strong suggestion that Tabitha has gotten in touch with her, especially in connection with the fact that Tabitha returns to the past a few years earlier than she'd wanted to. So maybe she has come back.
But, whose to say that somehow (due to a plot twist) Sabrina re-aquires her endometriosis? If I remember correctly, she miscarries the first and third child attempts- who is to say that that wouldn't somehow bring the condition back? I will admit, where it comes to women's medicine, I'm a little more lacking in my knowledge than in other medical areas.

quote:
Originally posted by pbwarrior:
If the scene that I think Mike was talking about - the Baby/bridal shower one - shows us anything, it that Future Tabitha has had some form of contact with her childhood self, and that could take us into an entirely NEW set of problems for our favorite skunk sister.

That could very much be true- but if that were the case, then you have to consider the fact that the Paradox Theory of time travel is negated in her case- going back in time changes the past, and since in changing the past she becomes a part of it, there is no "time travel" in the new future. The "old" future continues on as it were, but because Tabitha changes the past, it would stand to reason-- highly so, now that I think about it-- that Tabitha is truly and permanently stuck in the past she passed back into, since there is now no Tabitha of the "old" past to retrieve- she is a part of the past she changed. Interesting thought, if you think about it....

-Shirh Khan
kaze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:32 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:

That could very much be true- but if that were the case, then you have to consider the fact that the Paradox Theory of time travel is negated in her case- going back in time changes the past, and since in changing the past she becomes a part of it, there is no "time travel" in the new future. The "old" future continues on as it were, but because Tabitha changes the past, it would stand to reason-- highly so, now that I think about it-- that Tabitha is truly and permanently stuck in the past she passed back into, since there is now no Tabitha of the "old" past to retrieve- she is a part of the past she changed. Interesting thought, if you think about it....

-Shirh Khan

Interesting thought, Shirh Khan. Could this be the 'Bruner effect' that was mentioned in Tabitha? On a different note, there is a theory that once one time travels for the first time, they are permanently removed from time. They can never truely re-enter a time line because they nolonger truely belong to a time line.

And, again, I know very little about quantum physics (and if I spelled that right it was only by a fluke of reality) or time travel, but I do know that Paradox can (theoreticly) destroy the universe as two objects cannot exist in the same space at the same time, and no two objects are truely identical.

Just some food for thought.

~Kaze
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 5:34 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kaze Okami:
Interesting thought, Shirh Khan...On a different note, there is a theory that once one time travels for the first time, they are permanently removed from time. They can never truely re-enter a time line because they nolonger truely belong to a time line...
~Kaze

That is an interesting interpretation. But, then, we can't really view that as "fact" in Tabitha's case, as she is able to act and interact and affect the time she is in now (circa 1999, if I'm not mistaken), so she has to belong to the "new" timeline on some levels. Or are there hidden levels upon which she can't act, and we haven't seen yet?

What I guess I was trying to explain in my earlier post was the "Divergence Theory" of time travel. (I can't say if it's actually called that, but it fits. So sue me. ) The very act of creating the ability to travel through time, in either "direction", creates alternate "universes" or "timelines" that a traveler can get into, and become a part of, potentially at least. Tabitha had to understand that, on some level, once she stepped through the time portal, she wouldn't be returning-- hence, her letter to the elder Chris Foxx. Another reason for the need for the beacons-- a kind of temporal homing device, not only for the traveler, but for the folks operating the machinery. As we've seen, without the beacon, the operators lose the traveler, and they effectively cease to exist, and the traveler is propelled through time to some point reasonably close to the selected time of entry, give or take a century. Another way to think about it: If Tabitha were slated to return to her own time (that is, if the time operators were able to get a fix on her)-- and this we won't find out the truth of until the end of the story-- then she wouldn't have been "lost"; she would have "reappeared" on their sensors, and she would have stepped back through the portal probably less than five minutes after she went through. So, it's my theory- still- that Tabitha will be stuck in the past.

-Shirh Khan

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: Shirh Khan ]
kaze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:26 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Regan:
The most probable aanswer is if she stepped in and right back out there would'nt be much of a story, would there?

Ok, so we're trying to logicly explain a plot line. The easiest answer is that it's all part of the plot, but half the fun of reading a story (especially one like this) is the three letters that make most people mad: W-H-Y. If you just read the story, then yes it's a good read, but if you read INTO the story into the theories and reasoning behind it then you get so much more from it. But then again, I could just be showing off my insanity again.

Ok, enough rambling from an insane wolf.

~Kaze Okami
kaze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:32 pm    Post subject: Okay, who stopped the payment of my reality check? Reply with quote

quote:
What I guess I was trying to explain in my earlier post was the "Divergence Theory" of time travel. (I can't say if it's actually called that, but it fits. So sue me. ) The very act of creating the ability to travel through time, in either "direction", creates alternate "universes" or "timelines" that a traveler can get into, and become a part of, potentially at least. Tabitha had to understand that, on some level, once she stepped through the time portal, she wouldn't be returning-- hence, her letter to the elder Chris Foxx. Another reason for the need for the beacons-- a kind of temporal homing device, not only for the traveler, but for the folks operating the machinery. As we've seen, without the beacon, the operators lose the traveler, and they effectively cease to exist, and the traveler is propelled through time to some point reasonably close to the selected time of entry, give or take a century. Another way to think about it: If Tabitha were slated to return to her own time (that is, if the time operators were able to get a fix on her)-- and this we won't find out the truth of until the end of the story-- then she wouldn't have been "lost"; she would have "reappeared" on their sensors, and she would have stepped back through the portal probably less than five minutes after she went through. So, it's my theory- still- that Tabitha will be stuck in the past.

-Shirh Khan

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: Shirh Khan ]

That could be accurate. Then there is also the theory that by jumping infront of the Civit and causing him to be late to wherever he was enroute to, she could have done something which SIGNIFIGANTLY changed her own time, and even caused paradox because her time machine nolonger exists. You know?

Just some more thoughts from the over logical wolf.

~Kaze Okami
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> chrisfoxx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: