Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Reply with quote

Hi,

Some of you know that I'm profound deaf and accept me for who I am. I like that.

For some of you that doesn't know and say "oh i'm so sorry" please don't. I like being deaf for many reasons. Now dont assume I'm so total deaf. I can hear and comphrense sounds well. I can talk well and sing Smile I can do many things I just can't use the phone very much anyway

Anyone in Planet Furry is deaf please come in here and say hello! smile

I think I'm the only deaf furre Smile

Any questions Please feel free and welcome to ask. I will not accept slang words or comments that are offensive and I will not reply to them and remove the message off this forum. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything.

I like respect involved in any of the forums. Thank you smile Smile

Enjoy your visit

------------------------
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a question and I hope it won't offend you.

See, I was educated to sell, fit, adjust and maintain hearing aids and even while I didn't finish that training (wasn't suited for the job) I still learned a lot about the ear and how it works (about the most interesting part of the job). BTW: Part of our training was to wear earplugs one day so I got a glimps at how it is if you can't hear well and I met a lot people who can't hear well and know that most of them are perfectly normal people who can live lifes that are just as fulfilling as 'normal' people's lives (please note the ' at normal. I just couldn't think of a better way to describe it)

Anyway, I would like to know what is wrong with your ears. This is plain curioustiy and I can understand if you don't want to answer this. I just would like to know.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... you're young at heart, Mike. That's what counts Smile

And I didn't notice you having much hearing problems so it can't be too bad.

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smile

Tygon, my deafness is in the genes I have five deaf cousins. anyway for my case i have mild nerve damges and i can haer now and then with out aids when my nerves decide to work o.o

its basically the nerves .. Smile

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*smile*

I recent took a testing to see if i can get new aids since mine are the same and practically new cuz i take good care of them... for 6 years hehe.. anyway heres the thing... my previous test last year was 98 percent loss but now I'm at 96 percent loss it went down Shocked I'm getting better ?? Very Happy

------------------------
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
smile

Tygon, my deafness is in the genes I have five deaf cousins. anyway for my case i have mild nerve damges and i can haer now and then with out aids when my nerves decide to work o.o

its basically the nerves .. Smile

Ah, I see. Then there is unfortunately not much that can be done. In face, nothing but boosting the sound as much as possible (read: A hearing aid). At least as far as i know. Nerves are complicated stuff.

I'm glad that you are getting better. I hope it will be a continous trent Smile

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: What? What was that? What about fearing moss??? Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

Well I have hearing loss in both ears, most on the left but can still carry on a conversation fairly normally. I do have to put a phone to my right ear though.

We're in the same boat, Mike. My only difference is that I'm left-pawed, so I can listen and take notes at the same time. But listening to anything that isn't stereo in sound (like a telephone, or a cellphone earpiece, etc.) I can't hear properly with. In *my* case, the last time I had my hearing checked, it was due to fluid build-up in my alimentary (sp) canals. It's probably still the cause, but at the moment I don't have a doctor to help provide a solution. Oh, well, I can function quite well as it is, and eventually, I'll deal with the problem (assuming that the solution is still a workable one...)

-Shirh Khan

P.S.- Oh, and hello, Jaymee. I'm yet another of the PF writers, and a strange one at that. Just ask Mike- he'll tell ya. Very Happy

Last edited by Shirh Khan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright smile

any other questions? again feel free to do so .

------------------------
Solis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing loss isn't uncommon nowadays...

I personally have a 25% in my left ear, thanks to a burst eardrum and many ear infections when I was a little kid.

It's more of a nuisance than anything else... So I live with it. It's not like there's anything I can do for it anyway. (scars just won't go...)

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT?
Bearion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of my children have selective hearing loss. Does that count? Wink
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What???
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
Both of my children have selective hearing loss. Does that count? Wink

*Snicker* Show me a child that doesn't exhibit those symptoms. Laughing

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:

Anyone in Planet Furry is deaf please come in here and say hello! smile

I think I'm the only deaf furre Smile

Any questions Please feel free and welcome to ask. I will not accept slang words or comments that are offensive and I will not reply to them and remove the message off this forum. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything.

Well, You know Navena, one of my students and registered PF member; she's also deaf like you. Then again, I introduced you two before either one was on PF because she needed advice on dealing with her handicap and how others treat her. You gave her help and support when no one else could- not even me though I've tried.

About 1 in 275 students I deal with is deaf and since in knowing more signing language than most normal hearing ppl, I can deal with them on their level if they want me too. Most of the other teachers dont like to deal with the the hearing impaired, and give the deaf students hard time.

Between the two of you, you two are the only deaf furries on the board that I know of.

Besides, you guys know my handicap. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is excellent to know that Navena arrived to PF

I on other hand hasn't been on PF or anywhere on the internet wise for a long time. been very hitaus myself from everything except work irl Surprised

*hugs* I didn't realize that Navena feels better and stuff about herself with my help. That is pretty new to me Smile

Navena if you read this. Keep in touch! my aim name is mayedom I'll be around to the best abilitiy for ya and for everyone else.

Take care.

~JF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> jaymeefox All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: