Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabrina dancing videos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishtar : Goddess of Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:09 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone had seen these?
http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabSkip2.mpg
http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabDance2e.mpg
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

The first one's nice - very smoothly and naturally animated. Looks almost like a CG overlay on video stock of a live subject. Well done.

The second one gives me a "broken file" icon. Apparently, something's not working right...

Fixed it - apparently, the problem is that Quicktime doesn't like the format of the second one - and Quicktime grabbed it as a default. Works just fine with Media Player.

I did notice something this time around, though - her tail doesn't flex. If you're in contact with the artist, that might be something to point out. It should move as she does, instead of remaining rigid relative the the rest of her. Just something for him/her to work on...

(I know, I know... picky, picky, picky. More animation means more work. Why can't I ever be satisfied with what I get... Well, I have to admit: I like. But I'd also like to see even more...)

[ April 20, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrion ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

I just downloaded both and both are working and both are great!

I agree the Galadrion, the animation is great. Very smooth and natural.

It reminds me a bit of these mp3 dancers, just a lot better

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Apparently theres more too...
http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabBall1.mpg http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabMirror.mpg http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabMirror2.mpg http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabPosing.mpg http://205.122.23.229/littledragon/SabTalk.mpg

Last ones interesting to say the least...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

These appear to be tests, I'm not familier with the artist at all. I jsut saw it posted elsewhere and brought it here, since where it was posted wasn't a Sabrina-verse board.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

WOW! That's great! You're right, Ishtar, the last two are definitely VERY interesting. I don't want to take the fun away so download and watch them! NOW!

And thanks for telling us about them, Ishtar.
burningfox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

altered

Last edited by burningfox on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Like I said before, I dont know WHO the artist is...but he's apparently a Sabrina Fan
beau_wolff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Hmmm. Really intriguing.

Thanks, Ishtar, for pointing these out.

To me it looks like Poser 4: that would explain the jaw articulation and the tail, as well as some of the bump mapping. Then again, it could be a CGI overlay as Galadrion suggested.

Thanks again!
Vallus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 3:27 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Downloading as I type this. I want to thank whoever did these. Hope we find out soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

I dont think so...if you look at the mirror mpgs they show a wire frame in the mirrors.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

Agreed... of course, when I wrote that, the mirror clips weren't posted yet. I still think that the artist was working from a live model at some point - there's just too many small movement mannerisms there, ones that probably wouldn't show up if the artist was working from imagination.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sslaxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

It appears to be part of the OpenArt site. He appears to use Poser. That said, the Desktop directory indicates that either he uses Linux for uploading, or that he has a user account on the OpenArt server. The guy in charge seems to be 'Penguinisto'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

According to Cheetaur the voice is Cathy Ireland, a supermodel, most likely from an interview.

I think that could be a proper voice for Sabrina
Sslaxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Sabrina dancing videos Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tygon:
According to Cheetaur the voice is Cathy Ireland, a supermodel, most likely from an interview.

I think that could be a proper voice for Sabrina

He chose well, methinks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> chrisfoxx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: