Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guy question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy question Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes I am a newbee.

I will upload my avatar next week.

Great to have you!

Quote:

I have been reading furry fics for sometime now, and there is one question on my mind about the Sabrine Online fanfics.

Why are all the fic's based upon Chriss Foxx stories why not on the Canon online comic? Question

Because Eric has his own storyline going. In 1998 I asked him if I could be Sabrina's boyfriend in the strip, and he turned me down because of the fact that he gets requests all of the time for furs to be her boyfriend; on top of that, he's apparently dealt with people before who've given him heck for doing something OOC with their character. So he politely declined my request, but was gracious enough to allow me this Alternate Sabrinaverse angle Smile

Hope that answers your question Smile

Best to yunz,
Chris

Last edited by ChrisFoxx on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
You must be talking about the absence of that fleabitten racoon Evil or Very Mad

Fleabitten ... I like that!

Not that I'm jealous, mind you ... Twisted Evil

Quote:
anyway I think the main reason is that many of the long running stories at least in some small part kind of feed off eachother with corasponding events and whatnot

That's very true. In The Beginning, part of what I did in The Story was fill in the blanks between comic strips. I've borrowed a bit from Eric (long-time fans of his will see references to his art as well as the strip in The Story), and he has Carte Blanche to borrow from me.

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
I believe what happened was at the time Chris started writing SOtS, Sabrina didn't have a boyfriend yet in Eric Schwartz's comic, so Chris wrote his story, Eric continued his strip, and they took divergent paths.

That's very true. I'd secretly hoped the popularity of The Story would've helped worm me into the strip as her boyfriend, but that was never even a blip on the radar screen.

Quote:
At one point, Chris wrote an ending to the story that was supposed to resolve the disparity, but Eric encouraged Chris to continue his storyline, so Chris wrote a continuation that turned his "ending" into a fantasy sequence that never really happened.

Also known as "The Infamous Chapter 28" Smile

Eric's encouragement was mostly my talking him down from the ceiling after he'd read Chapter 28 followed by "THE END (of Chapter 2Cool". An Afterword explained that even with the best people, God sometimes says "No". I thought Eric would be okay with it, it freed Sabrina to be with the crack-smoking pedophile dumpster-diver (not that I'm jealous, mind you), and Chris would go back with Windy. Eric saw it as he and the strip being "The Bad Guy" and was less than happy. However, he was okay with my resolution (I wasn't, but it was the only way out) and The Story continued and flourished, and spawned a "sister Story".

Quote:
Most of the fanfics (at least the ones I've read so far) build on Chris's storyline, but some (e.g. Kathmandu's) use Eric's storyline, and one appears to try to reconcile the two.

Sabrina Squared, you mean?

Quote:
Also note that MBR gives Zig Zag's age as 23, but James Bruner made her several years older. James's version makes more sense in many ways; for one thing, it's unlikely she would have built up the kind of capital and experience to have built up her own movie studio by age 23. Heck, even to do it by age 30 is quite an accomplishment.

James had decided to make Zig that age because it would give her a little more maturity and build her character a little better. I think it works pretty well Smile

C!
MikeWolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
mwalimu wrote:
I believe what happened was at the time Chris started writing SOtS, Sabrina didn't have a boyfriend yet in Eric Schwartz's comic, so Chris wrote his story, Eric continued his strip, and they took divergent paths.

That's very true. I'd secretly hoped the popularity of The Story would've helped worm me into the strip as her boyfriend, but that was never even a blip on the radar screen.

Quote:
At one point, Chris wrote an ending to the story that was supposed to resolve the disparity, but Eric encouraged Chris to continue his storyline, so Chris wrote a continuation that turned his "ending" into a fantasy sequence that never really happened.

Also known as "The Infamous Chapter 28" Smile

Eric's encouragement was mostly my talking him down from the ceiling after he'd read Chapter 28 followed by "THE END (of Chapter 28 )". An Afterword explained that even with the best people, God sometimes says "No". I thought Eric would be okay with it, it freed Sabrina to be with the crack-smoking pedophile dumpster-diver (not that I'm jealous, mind you), and Chris would go back with Windy. Eric saw it as he and the strip being "The Bad Guy" and was less than happy. However, he was okay with my resolution (I wasn't, but it was the only way out) and The Story continued and flourished, and spawned a "sister Story".

*thinks back to his tears when he read that* I was starting to hate you until it turned into a spiteful vixen's daydream...then I thought it clever writing. Now I see it was chance. Still clever. Still feel that 'you-tore-my-heart-out-and-stomped-on-it-and-then-put-it-back-in-and-hooked-up-a-defibrillator' sensation. *cringes* Still like you. 'nuff said.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy question Reply with quote

AWPrime wrote:
Yes I am a newbee.

Welcome! Smile Great to have you here!

Quote:
I have been reading furry fics for sometime now, and there is one question on my mind about the Sabrine Online fanfics.

Why are all the fic's based upon Chris Foxx stories why not on the Canon online comic? Question

::shrug:: I dunno. Maybe because I went with Minolta instead of Canon? Wink

Seriousness aside, I don't really know. All depends on what the individual authors liked and wanted to build upon. I built upon on the comic and interweave within (please appreciate clever redundancy), and go my own way, ala the "Alternate Sabrinaverse". I'm flattered they do Smile

Chris!
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not to knock Eric or anything, since he does produce a stellar cartoon, but Mr. Yost's deft paw with a plot, and his absolutely dead-center characterizations are what hooked me. I like all the characters with which Eric peoples his strip. . . . . but I LOVE Chris' rendition of them. They became almost real to me.

Confused

No.

Strike that. There's nothing "almost" about the reality of Sabrina, Chris Foxx, Wendy, and company in his story. They just aren't available in person to us mere mortals. But thankfully, Chris gives us a glimpse. Smile

Ain't it great?

man on a mission

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to say one thing, Chris does write a beautiful story and im only hopeing mine lives up to it. He imspired me to write cindy and clare and also my current sabrina verse black progect. Twisted Evil

I have to say as much as I do love erics comic. Chris gave me two of the most open ended characters that i have ever had the pleacure to work with as a fanfiction writer. The backrounc characters even have emotions and storys to them. They are to me as real as any of us. Its just chris keeps them pinned up in basement. Twisted Evil Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hardly say that Chris keeps Clarence and Cindy pinned up in the basement, but realize that he set out to tell the story of Sabrina and Chris. The Clarence and Cindy romance was supposed to be a secondary plotline, and once things took off with those two Chris said he was getting as much fanmail about Clarence and Cindy as about Chris and Sabrina (in fact, Clarence was initially a bit player for one scene until Chris ran into writer's block and someone suggested bringing Clarence back in the scene where he asks Cindy for help wooing Sabrina, and he ends up falling for her instead). I wouldn't be surprised if Chris is more relieved than anything that you and I (and I think one or two others) have taken up stories about Clarence and Cindy, which takes some of the pressure off him making it easier to concentrate on the story of Sabrina and Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TGIF007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a dedicated SOTS fan since I discovered it almost a year ago, I haven't spent much time in the forums.

Where can I find these other fan fictions with Cindy and Clarence?

Thanks for the links,

TGIF
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here The Raccon's Bookshelf

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*G* Then of course there's my little story that gives Debbye Squirrel a starring role. Chris was a big help in getting that one going. Check my forum for locations besides The Old Gray Raccoon's Bookshelf.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leonato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: The Infamous Chapter 28 Reply with quote

I have to say... I agree with a former poster. I was starting to hate ya... but then, it all worked out. I think, if I had to put my finger on -why- Id still say, its cause my present relationship is close to the relationship that Chris and Sabrina share. Albeit, I am feline, she is vulpine... but the personalities are very close. And I know... if there were a wrench in the works, like what happened to Sabrina, thats how my loved one would react... Sadly... would think I'd hate her for it... And such... thats what made chapter 28 so hard for me to read. And I dont think a one of us will ever forget what we felt when we read that chapter. Let alone Tabitha for that matter, but thats another story entirely. I have said it once before, Sabrina the Online Story captures -life- very well. In all its ups and downs, joys and trials, and the change that makes up life. Thats my official answer to 'what it is about this story, and this skunkette, that attracts us all'... Its simple, Chris is a genious who shows us life, that in one way or another, through one character or another, we all asociate with in one way or another. And ya cant put down the skillfull humor... Keep up the good work Chris Foxx! I'm patiently (read... re-reading the whole story over and over again) awaiting chapter 49 with baited breath.

Leonato

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: