Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrismas!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 7:49 pm    Post subject: Chrismas! Reply with quote

Ham for me, thank you - every time I try to roast a turkey, I manage to create leather...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: Chrismas! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Galadrion:
Ham for me, thank you - every time I try to roast a turkey, I manage to create leather...

Cook it the way my wife does - she uses a roasting bag, and chicken broth (since no one cans turkey broth that we know of) in the bag. She's actually had the meat fall off the bone; it comes out so tender...

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Chrismas! Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:

Cook it the way my wife does - she uses a roasting bag, and chicken broth (since no one cans turkey broth that we know of) in the bag. She's actually had the meat fall off the bone; it comes out so tender...

Keith

That one recipe I'd like to see...

BTW; Cambell's Soup does make a turkey broth in a can, as does a few other off-bands, but I'll admit they're hard to find and seasonal. Once in a while, when I find a can in the off-season, its often covered in dust.

The self-live of a can product is....? supposed to be indefinate? But whats the truth in that?

-And Merry Christmas to all... even its its 6 months late.
Sslaxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Well, Chris(t)mas is coming again! Reply with quote

Mmmm... "Zagreus"...

"I am become ZAGREUS!"

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Mr. Foxx

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a day late and 20k in debt later Rolling Eyes SkunkFox wishes you and your family merry Christmas Chris. Even if its' a day late. Rolling Eyes

SkunkFox hmm oh Dancer its after Christmas C'mere! *the sounds of a knife and fork rubbing against each other fills the air* Yummy Vension...(burp) EXcuse me!! Twisted Evil Embarassed Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and my best wishes yoo you and your Family Chris... Mad-mas:

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Mr. Foxx! ^.^
Dragon-Kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry chrismas to you and to your loved ones.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank yunz all everybody! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is having a great new year so far! Very Happy

Merry ChrisFoxx indeed! Laughing
I like it, though! Smile

Furry Christmas tunes ... well yeah, Rudolf, n which they also meantion Olive, "the other reindeer" ::ducking!::

Cooking turkey and making leather ... not good juju whatsoever. Tell you the trick to it ... keep an eye on it Wink

Okay, seriousness aside: make sure it's defrosted before you cook it. Place it on a rack inside your roasting pan, that way the juices drip away from turkey; you end up with a better product, and it's easier to reclaim the juices for basting. Baste often.

And my favorite trick, I learned this from my favorite morning show guy Jim Quinn: for really moist white meat, cook the turkey upside-down until the last hour, then flip it over and finish cooking it. You never had white meat like that before!

My other favorite way is to stuff the defrosted turkey, place it on one side of a gas grill (under the rack and atop the lava rock lies a pan with about an inch or two of water to catch the drippings and keep the bird moist). Turn on the burner on the other side (not under!) and cook 11 minutes per pound. Resist the temptation to peek, although check somewhere after the halfway point to be sure you don't need to add more water to the pan. When finished, the turkey WILL look like the pictures you see of turkeys in cookbooks!

Yes, Sabrina will have to learn how to cook a turkey! She's got in-laws to feed Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Chrismas! Reply with quote

Sslaxx wrote:
Hey, Chris! Hope you got the card.

By the way... has "The One Doctor" arrived on your doorstep?

Yes, to both questions! Smile I wanted to see you in FurryMUCK and thank you, but I haven't had the chance to get on lately; holidays and everything.

Thanks a bunch for both! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Chrismas! Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Frohe Weinachten Leute, und an alle die ich bis dahin nicht sehe, einen guten Rutsch ins neues Jahr [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Vielen danke, meine sehr guten Freunden!

Herr Foxx Smile
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Yes, Sabrina will have to learn how to cook a turkey! She's got in-laws to feed Smile

Well, if she somehow forgets to do something important, like... ummm... defrost the turkey, there's a very helpful tip to get around problems like that. All you have to do is cook it at twice the heat for half as long! (Yer oven DOES go up to 1000, right?)

Yes, I'm kidding! But there's so many ways to jack up a turkey that (barring natural 20s) something is bound to crop up... Mad

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> chrisfoxx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: