Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sara's Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Sara's Story Reply with quote

Another update, kind of.

Since Kinsfire's bookshelf is still not online, I've posted another chapter of "Sara's Story" in a secret location.

But since that story is definitly and completely "Mature Adults only!" I can't post the link here.

You can either get it from the "Adult Member's only" Bondofox Forum at kaisha.cx
or send me a mail or PM and ask me for the link (but only if you are old enough).

If you do, then don't complain if it is too disgusting or cruel. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Nameless on Sun May 04, 2003 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Sara's Story Reply with quote

Hiya Nameless:

In light of the "usual" run of the chapters of "Sara's Story", this last one was... more enjoyable.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy reading the story; while it is a bit more... intense, than my usual literary fare, your writing more than makes up for any hint of distress I might have had reading this initially. I've never really been a fan of stories, human or furry, that involve rape, sadism, and torture, but your story is much deeper to me than *just* those themes. There is a character there, some one (some fur) who actually is living through all this, and so as a reader, I get to see more than just the non-consensual sex- I get to feel and understand, to a degree, what it is that is going on *beneath* the veneer that the sex rests upon. Basically put, there is a STORY going on here, and I like that. So, now having said so, I ask that you keep up the quality of the story. It is good reading, for this fur.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Thanks, SK. That comment means a lot to me. Laughing

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't find it either "disgusting" or "cruel", not in light of the society you've built up. I did find parts of it more than a little sad, such as Sara's rather passive acceptance of the less pleasant aspects of her new life... as much better than her old life as they may be, and as liberal for the time and place as they are, it still bothers me that someone can be so beaten down that they don't function. I know it happens... all too often it happens, moreso in real life than in fiction. But it saddens me.

That's not to say that I'm going to quit reading this one, Nameless. You write extremely well, and I've seen some things here that give me hope for the future. I'll keep reading them as long as you keep publishing them... even though, just as with Shirh Khan's work, I know it won't always sit well with me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good chapter with a different focus and intensity, but still a very good read. Not a pleasant subject but very good writing.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
I did find parts of it more than a little sad, such as Sara's rather passive acceptance of the less pleasant aspects of her new life... as much better than her old life as they may be, and as liberal for the time and place as they are, it still bothers me that someone can be so beaten down that they don't function. I know it happens... all too often it happens, moreso in real life than in fiction. But it saddens me.

Well for something like four years now, she has had it beaten into her that any kind of resistance will make things much more unpleasant for her. That kind of conditioning is not so easy to overcome.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I realize that, and even understand that that's pretty much the normal response. That doesn't mean I like the nature of the reality - or even certain aspects of the story. But then, certain aspects of the A.N. Roquelaure "Beauty" stories didn't sit all that well with me, either... and I'm on my... (*thinks hard*) I believe, on my fifth set of the books. I really need to take them in and get them rebound in something more durable than mass-market paperback binding...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have split the "Sara's Story" discussion from the "Misc. Updates".
Hmmm, I like to have discussion about the story, just remember that non-adults may also visit this discussion. So far I think we are doing all right. Wink

Galadrion wrote:
Oh, I realize that, and even understand that that's pretty much the normal response. That doesn't mean I like the nature of the reality - or even certain aspects of the story.

Personally I would worry about anybody who did not find certain aspects (quite a lot of them, actually) disturbing and unpleasant.
Galadrion wrote:
But then, certain aspects of the A.N. Roquelaure "Beauty" stories didn't sit all that well with me, either... and I'm on my... (*thinks hard*) I believe, on my fifth set of the books. I really need to take them in and get them rebound in something more durable than mass-market paperback binding...

Hmmm, I think I'll really have to get that book one of these days. I've been meaning to, but...

Good news for all the fans of Sara's Story. I just smashed all my previous records on writing speed. I wrote 3000 words on it today! Twisted Evil
Chapters 8,9 and 10 are written and 11 is about halfway done. I still have to edit them. I should be able to post one every two weeks or so for the forseable future. Very Happy Wink

Bearion

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Good news for all the fans of Sara's Story. I just smashed all my previous records on writing speed. I wrote 3000 words on it today! Twisted Evil
Chapters 8,9 and 10 are written and 11 is about halfway done. I still have to edit them. I should be able to post one every two weeks or so for the forseable future. Very Happy Wink

Cool!

I have enjoyed this story since it's inception. Not because of the details but because the characters in the story are so well written. I was really glad when you decided to continue the story, since I thought the poor creature should have more of a future. At Sara's core is a will to survive despite the horrific life she's led, and your writing makes us want to root for her.

Looking forward to the future chapters!

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:

The public tranport workers (and lots of others) went on strike today, so I took the day off.

And I got a lot of writing done.
Chapters 8 to 11 are finished, 12 is nearly finished, a few parts of later chapters are also written.

I think the first part of chapter 12 may be the best scene I've written till now. Too bad I'll have to wait soooooooo long until I can get any feedback on it... Twisted Evil

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Don't look any further... Twisted Evil Laughing

Chapter 8 has been posted.

It's kinda evil I'd say. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Take care. Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Chapter 9 has been posted. Twisted Evil

Since the KAB has a discussion forum again, over on the Kaisha forum, I'll lock the discussion here. For any further messages, please go there. (You have to register though.)

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Aarrrgh ! Apparently it is not possible to move a post from one topic to another! Evil or Very Mad

Well, I hope you have all read the title of the next chapter... Twisted Evil

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Bearion wrote:

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Don't look any further... Twisted Evil Laughing

Chapter 8 has been posted.

It's kinda evil I'd say. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Take care. Wink

I'd agree with your characterization of Chapter 8; there's a certain rabbit I'd love to give some "personal attention" to.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
there's a certain rabbit I'd love to give some "personal attention" to.

Well, I can't guarantee that, but you can at least get to know him a little better...

Twisted Evil I've posted a little extra chapter, titled "Perspective: Jack". Twisted Evil

p.s.
This is in "Sara's Story." Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: