Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sara's Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
there's a certain rabbit I'd love to give some "personal attention" to.

Well, I can't guarantee that, but you can at least get to know him a little better...

Twisted Evil I've posted a little extra chapter, titled "Perspective: Jack". Twisted Evil

p.s.
This is in "Sara's Story." Wink

*Takes whetstone to claws* Yes, and the more you know him the more you loathe the ground he slithers on. Anyone for hassenpeffer (sp?) tonight?

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
*Takes whetstone to claws* Yes, and the more you know him the more you loathe the ground he slithers on. Anyone for hassenpeffer (sp?) tonight?

Make it "Hasenpfeffer." Twisted Evil Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 8 Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Make it "Hasenpfeffer." Twisted Evil Wink

Shocked Funny language spelling coincidence:

"Hase" is rabbit, "Hasen" is the plural
and "hassen" is the verb "to hate" in German.

Funny coincidence... Rolling Eyes Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 10 has been posted.

Have fun. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Or maybe not...

Be carefull, it is a little on the evil side.... Evil or Very Mad

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just finished reading the story so far and normally I don't care for rape and torture stories too gruesome and violent for my taste regardless of the amount of sexual content. Sara's Story however is an exception I guess it has something to do with the story being told from Sara's perspective and how after everything that has happened to her she still wished to live even at the end of chapter 10 even though she hoped for the end to come soon I'm sure she still hopes for survival. It shames me to say it but I believe I would commit suicide or try to do something that would bring a quick end like attack a guard with a knife while working in the kitchen long before the events of ch.10, so I see it as a victory over her other masters and Jack for Sara that after everything she still wants to live for one in Sara's position it takes more strength and courage to live then to just give up and die. I don't know all this may have been said earlier in the thread but I wanted you know I that I enjoy reading the story and I now anxiously await the next chapter to Sara's Story as well as SiasFL, very well done Nameless BRAVO!

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Chapter 10 has been posted.

Have fun. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Or maybe not...

Be carefull, it is a little on the evil side.... Evil or Very Mad

It's pretty much what I expected from Perspective: Jack and I'd still like to use Jack as a scratching post; I wouldn't dream of using him for anything else, 'cept maybe target practice - I may be a predator species and he might be a prey species but I reckon he'd be rather disagreeable eating.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Sara's Story however is an exception I guess it has something to do with the story being told from Sara's perspective and how after everything that has happened to her she still wished to live even at the end of chapter 10 even though she hoped for the end to come soon I'm sure she still hopes for survival. It shames me to say it but I believe I would commit suicide or try to do something that would bring a quick end like attack a guard with a knife while working in the kitchen long before the events of ch.10, so I see it as a victory over her other masters and Jack for Sara that after everything she still wants to live for one in Sara's position it takes more strength and courage to live then to just give up and die. I don't know all this may have been said earlier in the thread but I wanted you know I that I enjoy reading the story and I now anxiously await the next chapter to Sara's Story as well as SiasFL, very well done Nameless BRAVO!

Very Happy

One of the main reasons she has not given up is her religion. Not quite Christianity, but close, this world's equivalent. There is a very strong taboo against suicide.
Sara in Chapter 6 wrote:
I hang my head in shame "Sometimes I even thought about killing myself."
She is ashamed to even think of it.
I have not put this aspect of the story very prominently, but... it is a very important part of her, and if she does not have a lot of hope for things to improve in this life... But if kills herself, she gives up her chance at going to heaven.
The religion something that gives her the strength to go on.
But since it also advocates obedience to the ruling class, is also convenient for those in power since it helps keep the slaves content.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
But since it also advocates obedience to the ruling class, is also convenient for those in power since it helps keep the slaves content.

*Sigh* I can think of some variations on Christianity that'd fit that description. *G* Identifying those will be left as an exercise in research for the reader. Wink

Cateagle

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Nameless wrote:

*Sigh* I can think of some variations on Christianity that'd fit that description. *G* Identifying those will be left as an exercise in research for the reader. Wink

Well, that should not be too difficult to figure out. Hint: If any organisation has a hirearchy, then it will advocate obeying those above oneself. Wink

Actually, her religion is not that bad. (I have given this a bit of thought, and I have the seeds of another story...) It is a rather small protestant church most of whose members emigrated to this world's equivalent of North America.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a fitting punishment for Jack and his friends if they are caught is for them to be bonded into slavery for their crimes against their lord, the willful and wanton damage of his property (namely Sara) and then sold to a master who would be just as "caring" for a slave's treatment as they were. Twisted Evil

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 11 has been posted... Very Happy
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like we were of similar thought concerning punishment except I don't think I would have killed Jack off so quick it seems to easy an end if you ask me I'd have made sure Jack experienced every humiliation and form of abuse he dished out to Sara or would this be the Jack of web comic fame? At least Sara got the satisfaction of seeing the look on his face when she asked if he wanted to beg for his life Twisted Evil strange though how the master had forced Sara into killing Jack practically threatening her to let him hurt her again what's up with that? I can see Sara feeling some guilt over shooting Jack despite what he did to her and obviously others she did shoot him in cold blood when you think about it, how would she deal with that I wonder. Sara's disfigurement may be a blessing in disguise with fewer furs wanting her to entertain them now so long as the master makes good on the mistresses promise that she would not be killed or sold because of it, although I think Henry will still ask for her at night I may be wrong but I do believe that he has fallen in love with Sara, ah well I guess we shall see in later chapters. One great read Nameless you knocked this one out of the park.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Well, looks like we were of similar thought concerning punishment except I don't think I would have killed Jack off so quick it seems to easy an end if you ask me I'd have made sure Jack experienced every humiliation and form of abuse he dished out to Sara or would this be the Jack of web comic fame? At least Sara got the satisfaction of seeing the look on his face when she asked if he wanted to beg for his life Twisted Evil strange though how the master had forced Sara into killing Jack practically threatening her to let him hurt her again what's up with that? I can see Sara feeling some guilt over shooting Jack despite what he did to her and obviously others she did shoot him in cold blood when you think about it, how would she deal with that I wonder.

Is it the same Jack? Confused Maybe, maybe not. I am a big fan of the comic, so it is not quite a coincidence that the rabbit is named Jack, but I would not say it is him.
As for killing him, it is mainly her religion, it is acceptable to kill in self-defense but otherwise not.
How will she deal with it? Twisted Evil You'll have to wait for the next chapter....
Styx wrote:
Sara's disfigurement may be a blessing in disguise with fewer furs wanting her to entertain them now so long as the master makes good on the mistresses promise that she would not be killed or sold because of it, although I think Henry will still ask for her at night I may be wrong but I do believe that he has fallen in love with Sara, ah well I guess we shall see in later chapters.

Smile (Mona Lisa smile)
Styx wrote:
One great read Nameless you knocked this one out of the park.

Very Happy Laughing

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 12 has been posted. Twisted Evil Have fun. Rolling Eyes Wink

I'm particularly fond of the first scene, I think it may be one of the best I've written up to now. Very Happy What do you think?

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter Nameless I enjoyed it a lot Very Happy , so Henry and Sara grow closer to each other. I wonder if he will try to buy her from his lord and grant her, her freedom, can he even do that could his lord? Or are slaves considered a cast that she can only be released from by the imperial government since she was originally branded to slavery for her village's inability to pay its taxes to the empire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: