Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too Many Jumps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodTerl

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: The Drive 8) Reply with quote

I could have some fun working out the entire thing, from stresses, strains, nculear reactions, probabilistic variations, neutron bombardment of structure, spectral emmisions of gama rays and required shielding.. and a whole load of other interesting and really weird details..

Or, and this is where things start to really go Tabitha.. do you really want her, as a top notch physics major, to be working on such an obsolete, out of date, low efficeincy, low power drive.. or would you like her to work on the things that Terl worked on many years before, and mysteriously?, has not been seen since? Cool

20 years is a long time in computer evolution, if you program the computer, to evolve itself. Cool

By the way.

http://www.aminet.net/pix/eric/WereBack.jpg

And this time.. WE MEAN IT Cool

I really love to see what Eric does for the picture, when he finally gets his A1, AOS4.0 Maybe Sab an Amy in Power Armour (Deliberate pun Cool ), either side of Psycho Survivor Amiga, this one with MS dangling limp from one hand, and Intel from the other? Cool

In an infinite Universe, everything is possible, including the creation of a machine more useful than a Wintel box Cool

Mrrr, weak quantum interaction prove to exist.. maybe I should dig out my school work I did so long ago, and see what I did next. I certainly covered this effect, for my net replacement mobile phone design Cool

RodTerl

Tabitha the story, gives people headaches, because of the complicated timelines.

Time travel gives me a headache, because Im actually working out the maths and physics required, for the Complex (a+bi) timelines.

MIT? Bring it on Cool

TGIF007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I hate thread necroscopy, I felt that this time I had to make an exception.

For those interested in some real life research into hydrogen/boron fusion, see information on focus fusion here (see Energy of the Future - Chapter 2) and here.

I'm haven't had the time to look into the claims made to determine how legitimate they are. Given claims of efforts to suppress some of this research, this does have some potential of being "crank" science. Then again, sometimes they really are out to get you!

Apparently this research is still in progress at a few places outside of the US, so hopefully time will show some further progress on this.

TGIF
Toric

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. It's times like this where I really feel my lack of a college education... I understand what is being said, kinda sorta... in that I mostly recognise things that I would dearly like to know more about. I follow the logic, I just don't know the details. ^.^

Now, before I get all happy and excited, filled with warm fuzzies... tell me (preferalby in pm) a little more about this boron proton reaction... is this something that does in fact exist... and do we have (or are we on the verge of) creating working cold fusion?
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it might be possible, who knows...

After Cold Fussion, next step is to implode a sphere of iron and create a Supernova reaction.

Now wouldn't that be great?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Drive 8) Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
Tabitha the story, gives people headaches, because of the complicated timelines.

Time travel gives me a headache, because Im actually working out the maths and physics required, for the Complex (a+bi) timelines.

MIT? Bring it on Cool

RodT., though my skills are rusted from non-useage, I would love to see the equation and try to work it out on my head.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Tabitha is ultimately doomed to failure in her atempt to save Sabrina's life.
Here's my reasoning
Tabitha's main reason for getting into the field Of Time Travel was Sabrina's death. If Sabrina did not die then Tabitha most likely would have chosen another field to go into, and even if she did chose time travel she wouldn't be doing it to save Sabrina so she could therefore never go back to save Sabrina and Sabrina would die in that accident anyway which would then give Tabitha the motivation to save Sabrina. In the end they would be stuck in one vicious loop that would never end. So if she succeeds they get stuck in a loop until Tabitha either ends up not trying or they never stop the loop. Most likely the loop would continue on until the end of time as she would never know of the attempts to save Sabrina before. Or she will ultimately not tell Sabrina about the accident and only hope that the accident would never occur but it will because Sabrina would not have been warned.
So the only thing that Tabitha can succeed in is giving Sabrina the chance to have more than one child which obviously she does as has been seen in The Sabrina story.
Those are my thoughts on the matter
Henry Hound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: