Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too Many Jumps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodTerl

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Me Again 8) Reply with quote

Been working on things whilst earning money at relatives.. You know, working hard graft with hands, so brain can have a rest, and chew over some difficult ideas. 8}

Ok. Things stand like this.

Spacetime is 5 complex dimensions, and everything can be described as 4 dimensional objects, consisting of wormhole structures, existing within this hyperspacial matrix.

The speed of light varies, and can be derived from Einsteins equations, giving the definite fact that wormholes that are higher energy, exist accross time, but do not project backwards absolutely, but only relative. The bigger the energy, the further back the relative jump.

From work on the chess problem, and hyperspacial navigation, and creation of gravitational wormholes upon neutron star, black hole creation, wormholes are highly repulsive, and try to occupy least energy positions, creating forces which displace all other wormholes by varying amounts, the result of which can cause large path changes for small energy alterations, due to minimum paths, dynamic forces, motions etc.

And, from an article on cold fusion a couple weeks back.. Cold fusion, that is energy release through deuterium fusion. Does Not Exist.. as such 8}.. BUT, from the results, the excess energy released, and the particles, IS due to a deuterium, boron reaction, a variation on the already known Boron Proton reaction, which I looked at for interplanetary drive, back in the late 80s 8}

By the way, Perns Dragons use a Borosilicate bone structure, and from my research, is therefore theoretically feasible, that they derive jump power from a variation of the boron proton reaction. 8}

Anyone want the diagrams, maths, research an such.. Ill write it up for you.. Actually, if I get the right scans on DNA sequences and protien structures, Ill even have a go at deriving the basic nucletide sequence for you.8}

Glad to see your doing ok Chriss, an everyone else.

Wish you all the best.. sorry bout the ramblings 8(

RodTerl Cool

man on a mission

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what your basicaly saying is that a large varation in time space travel can occur partly do to the smallist variable, like miscalculations in the amount of mass that the worm hole can handle at any given time? here is the othere issue. If a worm hole is simalir to a black hole in gravitational streangth, then how do you top the traveler from being being sheared into pieces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man on a mission wrote:
what your basicaly saying is that a large varation in time space travel can occur partly do to the smallist variable, like miscalculations in the amount of mass that the worm hole can handle at any given time? here is the othere issue. If a worm hole is simalir to a black hole in gravitational streangth, then how do you top the traveler from being being sheared into pieces.

For suffciently large internal radii, as long as the traveler stays near the centerline (centaurline for Cheetaur), such travel is survivable.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man on a mission wrote:
If a worm hole is simalir to a black hole in gravitational streangth, then how do you top the traveler from being being sheared into pieces.

I don't think somebody would be "sheared into pieces" as you put it, but rather squashed into one tiny particle along with whatever else is around.
RodTerl

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Shear force Reply with quote

Actually, Cateagle gave the best quote, as long as you stay near the centrline. This is due to some very strange effects. Because wormholes use Hyperbolic geometry, the mathematical singularity effectively forms a hoop around the waist of the worm hole, and lies behind the effective event horizon. This also means that the force of gravitational attraction, is distorted so much, that it repels everything towards the centreline, the repulsion being harder the closer to the wall you get.

This means, that for the first probes sent through small wormholes, they will get crushed, or flow, but as the wormhole gets larger, the forces on the outside of the probe will fall, and more will survive. The larger wormholes also traverse a much larger distance, so we may end up with the result, of being able to probe systems the other side of the galaxy, but not those fairly close by.8}

Manned travel seems will occur at first, using heavily built ships, that take the massive gravitational stress in the outer hull, whilst the cre huddle in the centre, using the hull as a field distortion, shield. Rather like magnetic shielding. Also, the bigger the ship, the larger the amount of energy in the wormhole, the less stress on the ship, and the further it can jump.

Looks like the Russians are going to get a good head start here. Cool.. No place for delicate structures, requiring ultra fast circuits creating compensating grav fields. Build large, brute force, and the thing will work just nicely. Cool

By the way, the equations for hyperspacial navigation, that is, worm hole targeting, seem to have quite a lot in common, with playing chess, and similar problems.

Wonder if I can get payments for this. Cool

RodTerl Cool

We will never have to worry about intelligent machines taking over, as lng as they are running Microsoft products.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Shear force Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
We will never have to worry about intelligent machines taking over, as lng as they are running Microsoft products.

In any case, the dvelopment of artifical intelligence is going to go through a long period of "artificial stupidity" before anything more comes along.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RodTerl

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Artificial Stupidity Reply with quote

Saw an interesting article in the latest Electronics Mag, about someone who worked on memory back in the 60s, and held several patents on differeing architectures, which have since run out.

His memory makes the PS3 cell processor, look like an 8 bit CPU. The entire memory behaves like a neaural network, all data is processed and crosscorrelated simultaneously.

Ouch.

I still like the teraflop sugar cube from JPL. But, like everything else we shouldve had 20 years ago, thats going to be made to dissapear also.

One interesting thing. Many years ago, I worked on a quantum CPU, that efectively could process all its information simultaneously. This month, I saw the very construction I needed to build it, being used to build optical CPUs. But these guys are using classic data techniques.

Sigh, exactly the same machine, but my idea is at least 6 orders of magnitude faster, in classic terms.

Tabitha has already met Terl several times in her young life, if he couldnt have been there, due to the Brunner effect, maybe its because he carefully went through her work after her travels, solved the problem, and went back before her to keep an eye on her, to twist the history line so to speak, to keep things non paradoxical, by apparently including paradoxes. Cool

RodTerl

If somethings impossible, its because you are not using enough energy.

man on a mission

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Me Again 8) Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:

And, from an article on cold fusion a couple weeks back.. Cold fusion, that is energy release through deuterium fusion. Does Not Exist.. as such 8}.. BUT, from the results, the excess energy released, and the particles, IS due to a deuterium, boron reaction, a variation on the already known Boron Proton reaction, which I looked at for interplanetary drive, back in the late 80s 8}

RodTerl Cool

Hay Terl my physics teacher wanted to know if you couldnt give her a more in depth elaboration into the cold fussion problem
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RodTerl

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Cold Fusion, or other. Reply with quote

Nods.. Certainly, Ill will try to give a description of what I think they found, or thought they were looking for, and what I yhink they actually have, given the results that have actually been posted and mentioned.

The article I saw, was in last weeks New Scientist, and should be accessible from its website, either listed as main heading, or after a simple search. The New Scientist seems to web its publication, the following week after paper publication, should it should be easy to find.

Cold fusion, was reportedly detected by a pair of chemists, using a variation of an electrochemical cell, with palladium (pure or alloy) electrodes, and heavy water, that is, deuterium oxide. They got exited, because their simple temperature measurement, showed a rise abouve what was roughly calculated for the given equipment, and amount of electrical power used.

More thermal energy out than in, in an experiment using deuterium? The simplest idea, and reasonable, was some form of fusion due to the palladium metal.

Over the years, many experiments, with various electrodes, electrical signals, etc have been tried, and the results from many have been zero, from a very few, positive, by several percent excess energy.

Last weeks article, stated three things, which the first two were interesting, but it was the third that efectively proves the almost certainty.

The first item, was that there wasnt enough neutrons being measured, to account for the number of nuclear reactions that should have been occuring for the amount of excess energy released, in this case, almost 30% excess energy. Deuterium fuses to Helium, by first a pair of D nuclei fusing to give a Helium 3 nucleaus, and the emmision of a neutron, then another D fuses with the He3, to give a He4 nucleus, and another neutron. Hence, 3 D nuclei are required for each He4, and give a pair of neutrons.

The second item, was that there was far too much He4 being generated by the reaction, that could be accounted for by the excess energy. As above, an amount of energy is released for each He4 nucleus created, and so more He4 produced, should men more energy.

The third item, which was the clincher. The first time the experiment was carried out by this group, used Palladium from a particular manufacturer, and a particular batch. Subsequent amounts of Plaadium, were used from different batches, and different manufacturers, and gavezero results. The last set of alloy used, which stated to give good results, up to 30% excess energy, was from a particular manufacturer, who listed the materials that were in the alloy. The main impurity listed, was Boron. The ratios went from 0.5%, 1% to 1.5% I believe, and the amount of energy released increased with the amount of boron in the alloy.

I claim. The reaction actually occuring in the Cold Fusion research, is a modified version of the known Boron Proton reaction, where a Deuterium nucleus loses a neutron, and is absorbed by a Boron nucleus, which becomes unstable, and splits to give 3 He4 nuclei, and a fair amount of energy.

11B5 + 2D1 > 1n0 + 3* 4He2 + energy (+neutrinos, electrons etc?)

I apologise if its a bit messy, but it does give a basic description. Cool

I worked out that a boron proton drive could get a manned ship fromEarth to Mars, in about 4 days, using a 1g acceleration, and a 1/3 g decelleration, even if the planets were on opposite sides of the sun.. maybe a day extra at most. Cool

The thing I was trying to stick it on?.. If It was around today, would win the X prize without even sweating. After all, it was designed 20 years ago, and continuously updated to take care of new technology, and future use. 8}

Ive also found out that my work on various other things are also being proved true, but noone is yet making them, for some rather obvious reasons. 8}

Hope this helps you and your teacher.

RodTerl Cool

Always, but Always, have a Big Red button. Marked SNAFU.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Fusion, or other. Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
Nods.. Certainly, Ill will try to give a description of what I think they found, or thought they were looking for, and what I yhink they actually have, given the results that have actually been posted and mentioned.

And when they say "Ask and ye shall receive", they MEAN it! Wink

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
man on a mission

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thaaaank you so much kind sir, I only wish I had some way to repay you Very Happy. This dear fur would like to say that you are truely inventive man.
RodTerl

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Hmm.. Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe theres somethings so priceless, or worthless, that repayment canot even be considered? Cool

Theres many things I like to play with, and, because they happen to be the sort of things, that many other people do not, or cannot handle, they tend to decry, or consign to history, myth, or oblivion.

Case in point, If the Cold fusion with Boron turns out to be whats actually occuring, how long would it take, to go from 30% experimental, to Megawatt hours AA penlight batteries for your handheld?

Since lattest reserch into quantum mechanics, has shown the existence of negative energy, (NOT Antimatter.. Matter and Antimatter give Energy.. Energy and Negative Energy, give.. absolutely, completely, and totally nothing. Cool ), how long will it take before CPU manufactueres, are using this idea, to cancel out the ehat being generated in ever more powerful CPUs?

How long will it take, from one person, at home, coding a self improving AI, and it getting onto the net, to the self evolving of an AI, that makes Skynet look like a politician? (Estimates put an upper limit, of about 6 hours.)

There are many strange and wonderful things that are known about, but are hidden from adults, yet allowed to be seen by children. Maybe, as my Uncle said, because they generally dont have to worry about children actually building the things. If you wish to understand a problem, look through history, about that problem, and others, and often you will find, that the problem has been solved, many times over.

A simple example.. From one article in a buisiness section, it was said, that for renewables, wind energy, we would have to be spending $100 Billion, to keep up with demand.

For $100 Billion, we can move renewables, into space.

I have to sort out some software, that can convert my images to GIF and JPEG, and tune my text, so I can, slowly, enter my ideas, images, designs etc on to my web site, where everyone will be most happily greeted.

I believe, that I should create a Main section though, with a large, prominant, and definate, CopyLeft header.

I cannot afford to create my ideas, or sell them, so, I might as well offer them, and others can take a look, try them out, then talk to me after for maybe gratuities. Im not exactly greedy, 1% of final sale price will eaily do me Cool

Wish you all the best, hope you get a good doctorate from my ideas Cool

RodTerl.

Working out void structures for over 10 years.

man on a mission

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay rod you woulden happen to have blue prints for that boron cold fusion drive or at least some notes that i can use. I think im goin to use it in my tabitha fan fiction. I figure that in an alternate time line tabitha may still become a physics major. Very Happy Maybe even work on space craft design with Lee. Hay it could happen and even if chris takes it in another direction, time theory states there could be an infinite amount of possable fan fictions for her alternate life.
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain...hurts...must drink....beer....

...and one of Sabrina's jumps gets mistimed (again) and she ends up in 3068 and she gets dropped into the middle of yet another fanfic and she shoots us all in the head for all the hell we're putting us through and...

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
JamesPI

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I wanna a pony, and a Barbie, and a...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: