Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 47!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, very nice ending there Chris Laughing
Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: potty humor -- SPOILER Reply with quote

I about fell out of my seat laughing while reading the latest chapter!

Quote:
“Listen,” he growled in a low voice, “we had a complaint about the men’s room. Clean and flush the Smekklo out of it and give it a good sanitizing.”

Laughing Laughing

Nothing like a little subtlety, eh, Chris???

Maginificent chapter! Well worth the wait!

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have one question: Since when did I become swiss? *laughs*

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:

Does it make a difference from which of those tiny european countries you come from? Rolling Eyes

(So speaks one who lives in one such tiny country.) Laughing

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:
Lol, very nice ending there Chris Laughing

Thank yew very much! Smile

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: potty humor -- SPOILER Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
I about fell out of my seat laughing while reading the latest chapter!

Quote:
“Listen,” he growled in a low voice, “we had a complaint about the men’s room. Clean and flush the Smekklo out of it and give it a good sanitizing.”

Laughing Laughing

Nothing like a little subtlety, eh, Chris???

Subtle as a broken leg, man Very Happy

Quote:
Maginificent chapter! Well worth the wait!

Thanks!
Yes, 48 is already being pieced together!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:

How else could we stay neutral? Cool

For those of you playing at home: that was a running gag in an old Stan Freberg radio show. Someone would be asked their nationality, and the answer was always "Swiss; that way we don't offend anybody" Very Happy

Eric got it, much to my surprise! Looks like he and I are more alike than unalike Smile And it's probably one of my greatest compliments when someone gets the most obscure gag I put in The Story Smile

I could've written for Mystery Science Theatre 3000!

Chris
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

How else could we stay neutral? Cool

For those of you playing at home: that was a running gag in an old Stan Freberg radio show. Someone would be asked their nationality, and the answer was always "Swiss; that way we don't offend anybody" Very Happy

Oh my GOD! I can't believe I forgot that. And I was SUCH a big fan of Stan too. *shakes his head*

Cheers.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Haha, I loved that show. I miss it so much now that they don't make it anymore.
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful chapter!!!

Let me guess: you actually accompanied a young lady on quest for a wedding gown, yes? That sequence was a real gem!

"... clean the Smekklo out ..." Laughing Laughing Laughing Just about fell off my seat! The one-two punch of introducing Hikaru and then gouging Smekky-boy was perfect! Subtlety, thy name is Chris!

I was waiting nervously to see whether Sabrina would have a ... "reaction" when she put the gown on. Evidently she did not. She's still heading for the wedding. Wink

Multiple, deep, and sincere thanks for sharing your talent, sir! Mr. Green

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesPI wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Haha, I loved that show. I miss it so much now that they don't make it anymore.

See, I was smart -- I taped a bunchload of 'em! Smile

Chris!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Wonderful chapter!!!

Thank you!

Quote:
Let me guess: you actually accompanied a young lady on quest for a wedding gown, yes? That sequence was a real gem!

Thank you, but believe it or don't, I didn't!

I just kinda, y'know, worked it out, based on vague recollection from my then-fiancee shopping for her wedding gown 21 years ago (that many years of marriage next month!), which you'll see more of in a later chapter.

The research came largely from one Tina Amberg who does gowns and wedding planning for a living. On her website (http://tina.pirate-king.com/my_wedding_thoughts.htm) she has what appears to be a web-based reprint of a wedding-gown book I'd checked out of the library some months ago when I began researching 'em. She gave me a good bit of help, and I paid her back by making her Sabrina's salesfur Smile

Quote:
"... clean the Smekklo out ..." Laughing Laughing Laughing Just about fell off my seat! The one-two punch of introducing Hikaru and then gouging Smekky-boy was perfect! Subtlety, thy name is Chris!

<SEG>

Yost's Forth Irrefutable Law of Life: Don't [screw] with me Twisted Evil

Quote:
I was waiting nervously to see whether Sabrina would have a ... "reaction" when she put the gown on. Evidently she did not. She's still heading for the wedding. Wink

Oh yeah; so far, all systems go! But we'll keep watching ..... Wink

Quote:
Multiple, deep, and sincere thanks for sharing your talent, sir! Mr. Green

Thank you for being there to share it with me ... all of yunz!

Chris
Simcha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: potty humor -- SPOILER Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've been lurking for the last several weeks, having discovered Chris' amazing story and having had my life changed by it as a result (with many thanks from my wife!).

Quote:

I'm afraid that I am missing the cultural referent here. Anyone care to explain the above?

Many thanks.

Simcha
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: potty humor -- SPOILER Reply with quote

Greetings!

Simcha wrote:
I've been lurking for the last several weeks, having discovered Chris' amazing story and having had my life changed by it as a result (with many thanks from my wife!).

Come on in and join the fun!
(Read: Register, it's free!)

Quote:

Quote:

I'm afraid that I am missing the cultural referent here. Anyone care to explain the above?

Smekklo was a creep who sent Chris hatemails...

And yes, he REALLY deserved being flushed...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
man on a mission

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have to agree chris is some of your best work yet. Im just hoping my little piece of fan fiction can measure up to it. the dress is a great choice. And the hint dropping about clarence and cindy was a good touch off. I liked the smecklo joke too. But the best part had to be the wassabi.

I give cindy about a year tell they follow in Sabs foot steps Wink . The wheels have been set in motion for greet things too come. For thoughts that dont know, in about a month or so im going to be putting out the first chapeter of a clarence and cindy fan fiction. The ideas are coming to togather in my little canine brain. Mainly I count on the first chapter being only about 10 pages and ill be sending the first copy to chiris. If its okay with him to check it. Im thinking im going to put it on old racoons book shelf since I cant really afford my own site yet.

signed the great grey wolf

man on a mission

PS: is there a spell checker in the audince
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: