Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truly a huge fan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James, PI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Truly a huge fan Reply with quote

Hello, Chris
I've been a Sabrina Online fan since the middle of February when I discovered it, and a Sabrina Online: The Story fan for about a week—and one heckuva week it's been thanks to you. It's almost been like how it was with Chris and Sabrina in the beginning of your story as far as not being able to think about anything else. Eric is a very talented artist, and you are a very talented writer. I think he offers more humor in the strip (though, you get me laughing from time to time) but your story is much more captivating—especially with those fantasy sequences, you dog, well... fox, I guess. Razz I almost went on a bigger binge than Chris was when I was reading Wendy's. Confused

I was looking over Eric's links one night and I stumbled across your site. At first, I was skeptical of fan-fic about Sabrina Online, thinking that it could no-way, no-how compare to the strip. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it read, though. In fact, the first night I read it, I read through chapters 1-21 in one sitting. When I realized it was 2 a.m. and I had school the next day, I kept thinking I can read one more chapter. I did that about 5 times until I realized it was past 3 a.m. then I knew I needed some sleep. I absolutely forced myself to crawl into bed and didn't fall asleep for another half hour regardless of how tired I was. The next day, I pulled the same stunt. It was 3:30 a.m. before I finished reading the rest of SOtS, and I would have stayed up hours longer to read more if you had more complete.

After finishing SOtS, I moved on to Tabitha: The Story. I read through the first few paragraphs or so and saw the bold print explaining that Sabrina had died. I was so pissed and heartbroken that you did that. I closed it, shut off my computer, and went to bed seething. A few days later, I decided I would check it out and after getting past the fact that my favorite character was gone, I enjoyed the story. I liked seeing a little sci-fi in there and what you think the world will be like in the future. I was relieved to see Sabrina back in the story. Man, those first 9 chapters or so were depressing. I even felt a tear when I read Chris's flashback to that infamous night. Now don't you dare do what I think you're going to do with that singles bar. Evil or Very Mad

It's strange seeing your story diverge from the Sabrina Online strip as I am a late-comer and read the stories up to the point they're at now, instead of following them from the beginning. I get the two stories mixed up sometimes, but I don't mind. One can't help but feel bad for R.C., though. Crying or Very sad Have you ever considered a cameo or something for him in your story like how you slip Eric in that first IRC session where EricS1 said, "Movies are cool, but nothing like comic strips!" Also, you had Carli in there for 2 lines then she disappeared. Not that she was a very big character in the strip, either, but she still was one of Sabrina's friends. In your story she says "LTNS" indicating that they do know each other, at least online. Also, I think Amy’s being neglected. She and Thomas haven’t been heard from in a while. Maybe it’s time for an update, hmm?

There's one thing I have to ask you, though I'm sure I won't get a straight answer. A non-answer as you like to put it. Smile Sabrina and Chris never did get Eric's blessing to get married (unless I missed something). What happened, or is that going to be a factor coming up?

Thanks for the great stories; you have me hooked, and I'm not going anywhere. Keep it up.
A huge fan,
JamesPI

p.s. Get your tail in gear and finish chapter 47, or I’ll get a post going twice as long that won’t be so friendly. Evil or Very Mad I've gotta get my fix soon! And no more giant surprises like Wendy's flashback, ok? My heart can't take it. Wink
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy!

A cogent and well developed response to a fantastic story!

Welcome James!

Hortmage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[The Magic Gardener sticks his head into the forum. Can it be? Can he really be the first to see a new member in the forum??? He runs up to James PI with his arms wide open.]

NEWBIEEEEE!!!!!

If you like Chris' stories, you need to read James Bruner's Zig Zag, the Story. As well as Clint McInnes Gone Wylde.

Welcome to the madhouse!

[EDIT] Dag gone it, Mike! How did you slip in behind me so quickly????

[EDIT2] Dag gone it (2), Fishburne... Don't you people have lives or something????? Rolling Eyes

James, PI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say I was a new member if it worked when I registered. Unfortunately, when I try to log in to my new account(s I tried registering again and the same problem occured Embarassed), it says it's not active. I'm sure I put the right email in. Anyway, I can just do it as a member until it's resolved. BTW, I'm working on reading ZZ The Story as we speak (though I shouldn't call it work Wink). Right now I'm on chapter 12. It's turning out to be a good story, and definitely worth reading, as ZZ was one of my favorite characters from Sabrina Online. It also offers another side of ZZ that was never present in the strip. So many talented writers around these parts. Very Happy

Mike, I'll check it out. Thanks a lot, everyone. I don't resent newbie comments, by the way. *cough*say-it-again-and-you-die!!!*cough* Ahem.. excuse me Razz haha, j/k
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ! Twisted Evil Nice to see another junkie!

You'll have your "work" cut out for you. Laughing Wink

There is a *LOT* to read. Most Sabbyverse stories can be found on the Raccoons Bookshelf, but not all of them are there. Mine isn't, same with SkunkFox's. Check out the sites hosted here whenever your supply of "stuff" runs low. Wink

Bearion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Grab a book from Mike's Bookshelf and set a spell.

I concur with nameless. Reading the rest of the Sabrina-Verse stories should keep you more then busy until Whip edits your account.

Enjoy!

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
James, PI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Well I just woke up sitting at my computer with Chapter 16 ZZ The Story half-way down the page. I'll need to reread pretty much the whole page, cuz I don't remember much before I zonked out. Man, I can't handle staying up 3 nights in a row until 3:00+ a.m. reading fan-fic (sorry, I know you don't like the term). I'm going to get some much needed rest, and thank god tomorrow is Saturday. I think it'll be a while until my supply of "stuff" runs low. Very Happy
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*WARNING* Shameless plug ahead! *WARNING*

Zig Zag the Story is one of my favorite stories of all time. Do yourself a favor and take the time to read all 75 (as of this writing) chapters.

And then read my fan fiction stories based on it!

Yeah, I have no shame at all. Link to my stories in my sig. Rolling Eyes Laughing

p.s., everybody else is correct also. Cheetaur's Sabrina stories are excellent, Gone Wylde, etc. All deserving of your attention.

Oh, and if you like Sheila, actress extraordinaire from ZZ Studios, you might want to check out Hikaru's Identity Crisis, which can also be found on the Bookshelf.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering... Has anyone tried to compile a list of all the SabrinaVerse stories, or at least all of the ones that would be considered "essential" for any serious fan? So far I've read the "big three" (SOtS, TtS and ZZtS) and some of the others, but haven't yet made it through all of the ones mentioned in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm working on it. I fell asleep last night reading it, so I have to back track a little bit. It's a lot of reading, but it's good writing.
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my account is working now. Take a look at my avatar if you want. It's my first attempt at drawing a furry. It's not very good, and there isn't much "furry" drawing in it other than the tail (pretty good huh? Confused *sarcasm*) and part of the face. I'm not a very good artist to begin with, and I haven't drawn in the longest time either. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're going to laugh at my drawing, laugh behind my back, please. Rolling Eyes I do prefer pencil sketching to any other visual art, but my true artistic ability and passion lies in music.

Quote:
Hey, I'm working on it. I fell asleep last night reading it, so I have to back track a little bit. It's a lot of reading, but it's good writing.

That was me, BTW. I meant I'm working on reading the ZZ story, not compiling all the stories. Sorry if that confused you.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that pic is not that bad. You may need more practice to draw something really good, but if this is a first attempt, then I'd say you have quite a bit of talent. Smile
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks I guess. Rolling Eyes
The face is meant to be covered, by the way. The whole "P. I." thing reminded me of a Dick Tracy type of thing, so I drew it to look like that.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Well, he isn't a PI, but as soon as you finish ZZ, start on ZZ Noir. Wink
JamesPI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my name is James and my last initials are P. I. Hehe, sorry about that, I forgot the he was named James too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: