Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle Reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Battle Reports Reply with quote

This topics is for Warhammer Battle Reports. That can be Fantasy or 40K. If you have a nice one and would like others to read it, please post it here.

I'm going to post reports of all my battles here, once I can start them.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is our first Battle Report, done by Pflarrian Collifox about a battle of His Imperial Guard Amored Company against a Tyranid Swarm. Have fun Smile

Shadevarian Armored Company Commander report for
Thursday of last week [editor's note: 03.14.2003]

The Tau (cowards) never showed up.

So why am I writing this report anyway? Because I
fought against the Tyranids instead.

I thought you would like that. Wink

1500-point battle. I had three Leman Russ Battle
Tanks, my Executioner, Exterminator, Demolisher, and a
Chimera with a squad of storm troopers on the table.

The Tyranid player had TWO Hive Tyrants (one with
wings - he's the one with the terradon wings), a
carnifex, two xoanthropes, four raveners, and a lot of
gaunts.

Round one - I managed to win the first go, which I
gladly took. Most of my shots were dead on. The
Exterminator (lots of heavy bolters and autocannons)
took out a bunch of gaunts. The Battle cannons
managed to lob perfect shots onto one of the tyrants
(two of them had perfect shots at the tyrant without
the wings - both of them hit it DEAD ON. Total wounds
from two perfect hits: 1, on a tyrant guard. Tyrants
have REALLY GOOD ARMOR SAVES!!!). The third battle
cannon took aim on the carnifex, but missed it and
struck one of the zoanthropes instead. My executioner
tank (big plasma cannon) moved up, took aim with it's
plasma cannon, and slagged a tree, missing the ravener
it was aiming at by a mile at least. The Chimera
moved up, unloaded it's storm trooper cargo and then
put a hole in a ravener. Finally, the Demolisher, out
of range with it's main cannon, unleashed a salvo of
plasma cannon and lascannon shots onto the gaunts in
front of it (the carnifex being just out of range),
killing several.

Their turn now.

All they really did was move forward at first. It
was really daunting watching that many 'bugs moving
across the table towards me, let me tell you. Then
they decided to do something. Or, more to the point,
the winged tyrant decided to do something. It
unleashed a psychic blast at the chimera, and blew it
apart with a single hit! Good thing I unloaded my
tropper first. Or maybe not, because right after
that, one of the zoanthropes slagged two troopers with
another psychic attack! Ouch!

Back to my turn (TURN 2)

Another salvo in unleashed. The Storm troopers
moved up and caused a wound on the flying tyrant with
their meltagun. The demolisher and one of the battle
cannons targeted the carnifex. The battle cannon
skewed off and wounded the nearby zoanthrope instead,
but the demolisher struck it dead on, causing a wound
(demolisher cannon S 10, AP 2). The other two battle
cannons, unable to target anything deemed more
important, blew up a lot of gaunts, and a chunk of the
hill they were standing on. The exterminator likewise
took out a horde of gaunts. The executioner launched
a plasma cannon and lascannon shot at the two raveners
advancing towards it, but poor Oddball (the tank
driver) must've been drunk, because he missed with the
lascannon by a mile, and only wounded one of the
raveners with the plasma cannon. Uh-oh...

Their turn. Oh, @&%#$%!!! One ravener and a dozen
gaunts charged my Storm Troopers. All but two died in
the initial strike. OUCH! The winged tyrant took
advantage of it's mobility and charged my demolisher
tank. Two swings of it's great, scything claws, and
my demolisher was so much scrap metal, the tank crew
(three of them) having used their escape mechanism,
fleeing like scared little kits. The two raveners on
the left flank charged Oddball's Executioner, but
failed to do more than scratch the paint. Finally,
the zoanthrope in the middle, having moved into range,
zapped one of the battle cannon tanks and stunned the
crew, preventing them from shooting next turn.

Turn 3 - I'm in trouble!!!

Step 1: Storm troopers. They fought valiantly (all
two of them left), but died to a carapace-armored
figure. A 4+ save is nice, but when you're rolling
*15* saves, you're going to fail them eventually.
Step 2: Oddball. He shot the raveners with
everything he had, point-blank range, and missed. End
of story.
Step 3: The center. They all targeted the second
tyrant that was now visible on the top of the hill.
Two tyrant guards went splat, the tyrant wasn't even
wounded. Ouch!!!
Step 4: The crowning moment! The tyrant with the
wings was literally *right in front of the last battle
cannon that could shoot* after having destroyed the
demolisher last round. I turned the turret so that
the barrel was sticking right in the big bug's chest
carapace, and fired. The shot MISSED, and scattered
SIX INCHES to the LEFT!!! WTF?!? At point-blank
range, the shot somehow managed to miss the tyrant my
more than the length of the tank. The only thing I
could conclude was that the shell bounced off the
tyrant's armor or something.

That's pretty much all she wrote. Shortly
afterwards, the gaunts and the other tyrant hit the
remains of my line, and everything else fell apart.
It was kind of funny watching my tank crew, hiding in
the forest, manage to fend off a full squad of gaunts
for a round, but that was it, otherwise.

Well, there's your battle report. Happy?

I am. It was kind of funny, actually. I like
fighting tyranids. They're reasonably predictable.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More battle reports - I'll be brief with this one.

My mercenaries against the Dwarf Clan of one of our local power gamers. 3,000 points per side. I had five 'hero' level characters. Total characters points cost: less than 500 points.

My opponent took two lords and three heroes, including the Anvil of Doom (I have learned to hate this thing). Total cost for his heroes: over 1,000 points...

In other words, my army outnumbered his two to one.

I'm going to summarize events here. A lot of shooting went on in my part. I had a total of seven units of troops equipped with crossbows and one unit of troops with bows (halflings Wink. Add to that two mercenary cannons and one halfling hot pot catapult, and a whole lot of shooting went on.

My opponent had two units of dwarf handgunners, two units of ironbreakers (I hate ironbreakers...), two cannons, and a flame cannon (I have learned to be wary of this) as well.

Throughout the game, I was whittling down his numbers, but the dwarves kept up their stoic advance towards my firing line. That was when he sprung the dwark miners on me, behind my battle line. I don't like miners much either. I wonder why?

The miners, however, didn't have much luck. They came onto the table behind one of my 'conversion' units (dismounted heavy cavalry - use the dwarf mercenary rules with minor mods), but wound up charging the Cursed Company (mercenary undead) as I managed to outmaneuver him. The miners charged, failed to do any damage, and when Richter Kreuger (commander of the Cursed Company) cut two of the dwarves down, the miners turned and fled in fear, only to be run down by the undead mercenaries.

The remainder of the battle went moderately well. My shooting wiped out most of a unit of warriors and several thunderers, this despite my taking a hammering from the Anvil of Doom. The Knights Panthera swept around my opponent's flanks, striking his backside. My triumph was short-lived, however. The Knights found themselves facing a unit of dwarves, a unit of the dwarf slayer cult, and a dwarf Daemonslayer. The daemonslayer made short work of Captain Panthera (who was carried off the battlefield to lick his wounds), but the Knights Panthera held out despite the overwhelming odds against them for a full three turns of this massive, nine-turn battle.

I didn't win. I almost managed a tie, which against this particular opponent is as good as a win to my way of thinking. We finally had to hang it up as time progressed. Either way, my mercenaries have made it into the Dwarf Book of Grudges. Again. Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
The daemonslayer made short work of Captain Panthera (who was carried off the battlefield to lick his wounds)

The bastard Mad

Pflarrian wrote:
I didn't win. I almost managed a tie, which against this particular opponent is as good as a win to my way of thinking. We finally had to hang it up as time progressed. Either way, my mercenaries have made it into the Dwarf Book of Grudges. Again. Wink

Sounds like you had a fun and that's what counts Smile

I hope you'll post more Battle reports soon Smile

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

Sounds like you had a fun and that's what counts Smile

I hope you'll post more Battle reports soon Smile

Maybe tomorrow, depending on how today's games go. Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Maybe tomorrow, depending on how today's games go. Wink

Wooooh!!! Good luck, Pflarr!!!

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I do not have pics of the evil of the Ratachans to show people yet, therefore I will summarize the wonders of trying to fight Dark Elves with Dogs of War (that's poncy, spear-weilding, goth elves against money-hungry mercenaries in case you don't know).

To summarize: My best shot was when my cannon, during my first turn of shooting, overshot a big block of spear-elves and smashed into my opponent's cold one chariot (basically a chariot pulled by a mentally-challenged version of a velocioraptor), reducing it to so much kindling. While my opponent ran down two units of duelists (placed there specifically to distract his attention away from my more important and expensive regiments of infantry), Captain Tygon (who, for this battle, gave up his warhorse and his greatsword in favor of a flying pegasus) flew across the battlefield and ran down the crew of the dark elves' bolt thrower.

While this little maneuver was happening, the dark elve's harpies were happily munching their way through my cannon crew.

Of my two units of crossbows, one was eventually wiped out in hand-to-hand (but not before doing a lot of damage to the elves), while the other saw off the rampaging harpies and somehow ran down the flying beasties.

Final score was a loss for me, but not by much. Unfortunately, while I did a lot of damage to my opponent's troops (of the four units he had left on the table, only one was above half-strength), I didn't wipe out enough of them, whereas while I still had two units at or above half strength, I fully lost three units of troops. Sigh...

On the other hand, it means that my tactics are slowly getting better. I can and will live with fighting my opponents to a draw if it means that eventually I may win. Smile
Timberfox

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Timberfox on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more for an army named after good old tygon that's why it's here.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat is right, this topic is meant for Warhammer report but tell you what, post one and we'll see if I like it Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Reports

31st of July 412003

Victory for the Hive Mind!!!

Today a s small battleforce of the Tygonus Hivefleet (1 Hive Tyrant, 2 Tyranid Warriors and 23 Hormagaunts) faces off with a stray group of Space Marines and Dark Eldar. They combined their forces in the helpless attemt to fight off the obviously superior troops of the Hive Mind [note from the author: Yes, the points where equal. About 450 on each side].

The Tyranids started with dashing towards their prey. The Tyrand and 11 Gaunts went for the Space Marines and the Warriors and the other 12 Gaunts dashed towards the Dark Eldar. Unfortunately the enemy was too far away so they couldn’t reach them.

The Space Marines reacted with a big mistake... concentrated fire on the Hive Tyrant from their 2 troops and the Landspeeder. Of course, their bolters were unable to even penetrate it’s superhard armor, save wounding the gigantic beast of war. The Darl Elder didn’t have much more luck. The fire from their shuriken rifles fell 2 Gaunts but nothing more.

The Tryranids continued their assault and in this time a few of the Hormagaunts reached the first troop of Marines. However, in the small fight nobody was able to cause any casulties. The Hive Tyrant was still out of reach, as well as the ther Gaunts and the Tyranid Warriors.

More fire from the Eldar struck down another Gaunt, much to few to stop fierce cratures

Now it was time for the Space Marines to strike back... or so they thought. They moved closer to the Hormagaunts, hoping their superior armor would save them from the Tyranid’s scything talons. In the following fight 2 Gaunts died... and 4 Space Marines.

In the following panic they were overrun and killed by the Hormagaunts.

Tyranid turn! The Gaunts dashed for the remaining Space Marines, surrounding and attacking them. while the Hive Tyrant used his wings to attack the Landspeeder, wish it easily destroyed. In the next minutes The Gaunts killed all Space Marines except for the Sergant.

In the meantine the other Hormagaunts had reached the Dark Eldar, who proved to be even less good fighters than the Space Marines. They too fled in fear after the Gaunts killed more than half of one of their troops and then rest in the following pursuit. However, this pursuit unfortunately brough them out of the reach of the Hive Mind and then ran towards the closest cover when theri instincts took over.

It was exactly then when sure fire from the remaining Dark Eldar took them down.

However, without the support of the Space Marines it was only a matter of time until they too had to become food for the Tygonus Hivefleet. The Tyrant quickly killed the last Marine and then he and the last Gaunts dashed for the Eldar who, with the help of the Tyranid Warriors, were killed very fast, ending the fight.

A final note from the author/victorious Tyranid Leader: I’m pretty sure we mistjudged a few rules and we definitely ignored some. It was out first battle so I guess that’s okay Smile

Also, my friend Sulogar didn’t have much of a chance. He had planned to take the Tyranids into the middle and lay a deadly crossfire onto them. However, he didn’t quite aniticipate that they would reach his troops so quickly. Plus, he made the mistake of trying to kill the Hive Tyrant first, which it very difficult without heavy weapons. If he had killed the Gaunts first he might have had a chance to fell the Tyrant too.... not much though.

Well, I hope you like my battle repord. I know, I’m glorifying my Tyranids here but hey, it was they first battle and they won! I’m still thrilled about that Smile

As a last note, I’m not sure about the English names of the weapons etc. So please excuse me if they are wrong.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

A first battle against Tyranids is always a scary thing. You're never sure quite what to expect unless you've seen them being played before, and trying to shoot them down as they come doesn't always work unless you have a LOT of guns. Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Reports

15th of August 412003

Space Marines? Pfft!

Today a small exploration troop of Hivefleet Tygonus, consisting of a Winged Hive Tyrant and 23 Hormagaunts stumbled over a group of Imperial Crusaders. A Chaplain was on his way home from some puny mission, accompanied by a tactical squat of Space Marines and a scout troop. Dangerous you say? Lunch I say Wink

The Tyrant started charging the Marines who took stances on a small hill with the Hormagaunts following closely.

That of course made him the prime target for the two snipers. One missed completely, the other hit and actually wounded him. One of the Space Marine shoot a missile at him but while he made a square hit the Tyrant’s armor shrugged the explosion of easily.

That... was... a... mistake...

Carried by his mighty wings the Hive Tyrant closed in on the Space Marines fast and immediately attacked the scouts. Two were killed in the initial strike and the rest ran away, following the death of their comrades, disappearing from the battlefield (note from the author: Sep wasn’t very lucky with his morale tests and two of the scouts was standing directly at the border of the battlefield. He won’t do that mistake again).

After dealing with that enemy the Tyrant turned his attention to the tactical squad. They fired everything on him they had but to no avail. Neither bolters nor a missile nor the flamethrower could do any damage to the huge creature.

Now the chaplain’s hour had come. He charged the Tyrant and attached with his mighty, ancient weapons and managed to wound him again (note from the author: it was some power weapon. I forgot which). Striking back the Tyrand ripped this nuisance apart easily.

Now for the first time there seemed to by trouble for the Tyranids for in his slaying fenzy the Hive Tyrant had forgotten that the Gaunts aren’t as fast as he is and promptly charged forward so far that they were out of range of his synaptic organs. Not anymore under the tight control of the Hive Mind both groups of Hormagaunts, overwhelmed by their primitive instincts... charged the enemy. They moved even faster than before and even if they weren’t able to reach the Space Marines, they got into reach of the Hive Tyrant again.

Time for the Space Marines to attack. Or so they thought. Despite its size the Hive Tyrant moved faster than they did and slashed their sergeant into pieces before he could raise his sword. The loss of their leader, combined with their inability to do anything more but making scratches on the Tyrant’s armor demoralized the Space Marines so much that they fled again. Dashing after them the Tyrant was able to kill two more before they too appeared from the battlefield.

Breakdown of the battle:

Space Marines: 2 scouts, 3 Space Marines and a chaplain dead. The rest demoralized and running for their lives.

Tyranids: No casualties. The Hive Tyrant took some wounds but he can easily regenerate those before the next battle.

Conclusion

This battle did a lot for my personal mood and it sent Sep into a LOT of thinking. He expected to lose, but not that spectacular. We both realized that my Winged Hive Tyrant is a monster, almost unstoppable if you don’t have weapons powerful enough to kill it on distance and at a cost of 161 points it’s incredibly cheap. I guess in a bigger battle it would be much different.

On a side note, Ghostwolf, I’m sorry but I can’t remember enough details about the battle we had at MFM to write up a decent Battle Report. Sorry Confused

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty, no problem man. Well folks, battle report for MFM....the glorious marines of the Omega Strike chapter did layeth the smack down on some eldar...then turned around, and ran smack into Hive Fleet Tygonus...owwww....

Ghostwolf out....i'm still hurting from that....owwww...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Reports

11th of October 412003

Eldar and Space Marines and Orks and Tau. OH MY!

A weird time has come for Hivefleet Tygonus. A group of Eldar from the Craftworld Ulthwe had managed to take control over a Winged Hive Tyrant, 3 Tyranid Warriors and 23 Hormagaunts and they used them to defend a wounded warrior of theirs who obviously was of great importance. Space Marines of the chapter of Salamanders also aided the Eldar by the command of an Inquisitor who had some mysterious interest in the survival of this Eldar.

Anyway, the site was promptly attacked by Tau and Orks, charging in from north and south. The Tyranid forces faced hordes and hordes of Orks, much more than they could handle but they fought, not having any choice. The Tive Tyrant charged an Ork Buggy while one half of the Hormagaunts dashed into a small forest to take down the Orks on the other side. The rest of them charged a group of Stormboyz. They Warriors remained in the relative safety of another small forest (note from the author: Okay, I forgot to move them. There was a lot going on). All three units reached their targets and all were highly successful, not at least to the Catalyst the Tyrant used on the Gaunts that went through the forest, enabling them to strike before the Orks could kill them. Both Ork units and the Buggy were vanquished, with the vehicle getting hurled through the air a few meters.

Well, from there it kinda went downwards. The Orks shot down the Warriors, as well as most of the Gaunts who killed the Stormboyz while they charged another Ork unit that hid behind a destroyed tank. The other group of Gaunts charged a group of Orks, hadling ZZap Guns. They couldn’t defend themselves with fire because they where busy shooting at the two War Walkers who advanced towards them. The Hive Tyrant took a similar direction, couldn’t reach them though.

Two make a longer story short, the Gaunts killed the ZZap Gun Orks but then in turn got killed when they attacked the Orks who already mowed down the other group of Gaunts. The Tyrant made it’s way around the group to attack a squadron of Tau Fire Warriors who had come to support the Orks with their firepower.

That’s where the game ended. My Hive Tyrant took out about half of the Fire Warriors because the game was cut short by the Random Rounds rule (or however it is called in the English version).

The good news, we won the game. The Eldar and Space Marines did a great job fending off the Tau on the other side. The bad news, with all Tyranids but my Tyrant shot down this was by far the most disastrous battle so far for Hive Fleet Tygonus. However, considering that they had to face an army that was about 2.5 times as powerful they did quite well Smile

Conclusion

This was my first game with several players and it was lots of fun. I wish I had taken photos of it for they had some great pieces of landscape, but unfortunately my parents took my camera with them on vacation.

Anyway, I had fun, and that’s the main thing Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: