Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade to phpbb2 2.0.4 soon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Upgrade to phpbb2 2.0.4 soon Reply with quote

Later this weekend I plan on upgrading phpbb2 to the current latest version. This will hopefully fix some bugs I'm sure you've all noticed around the board.

The problem is this. There are two modifications to the scripts/templates/database that are behind the board: message sorting, and file attachments. Once I upgrade, they will both be unavailable for a short while. Message sorting is the easy one to fix. File attachments will be a little trickier...

File attachments that have been posted with messages will probably be lost during the upgrade.

I am not going to begin the upgrade until later this afternoon/evening (I will announce the time). I want to give everyone a chance to save anything they may want to keep from the attachments.

Thank you for your patience during this matter.

Last edited by Whip-lash on Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Rava

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need some extra time if you can allow it I dont get home until after 8pm
Whip-lash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hold off until after midnight then.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I wanted to ask in the context of file attachments, I I'm kinda flooding the forum with photos at the Warhammer Log topic in my forum. I hope that is not a problem. I try to keep them as small as possible in filesize.

I know, I should have asked this before I started the topic but I forgot Embarassed

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got called into work last night to help out with some power equipment upgrades. I was there from 11 or so to 5am. #morning
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Grrf* Okay, Whiplash, now that this change has gone into effect...

How the heck do I change my settings so that the default order is "Newest first"? I can see the option at the bottom of each page... but it doesn't take hold; every time I switch pages, it goes back to "Oldest first". Is there some place I can change that preference?

Also, the FAQ link at the top of the page is broken - gives an error message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to side with Galadrion there. I'm used to have the latest post displayed first but I think I remember that Whip said something that not all of the forums funktions are back online yet so I hope the funktion to change that will come back soon Smile

BTW, the FAQ link indeed seems to be broken. I got the following message as I tried it.

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: language_include() in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/faq.php on line 59

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of these problems, and I am doing my best to have them resolved as soon as possible.
Rava

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip-lash wrote:
I am aware of these problems, and I am doing my best to have them resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks Whip. Scrolling to find the newest message is driving me nuts Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip-lash wrote:

Thanks a lot, Whip. I think we all know and appreciate the work you're doing for us here. And we also know that it's a lot of work and that you do not get paid for it. We don't want to push you, we just what to point out the problems. If we don't you might think everything is alright and the problem never gets solved Smile

Again, thank you a lot, Whip.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
Whip-lash wrote:

Thanks Whip. Scrolling to find the newest message is driving me nuts Wink

I'll second the lady, there.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Thanks a lot, Whip. I think we all know and appreciate the work you're doing for us here. And we also know that it's a lot of work and that you do not get paid for it. We don't want to push you, we just what to point out the problems. If we don't you might think everything is alright and the problem never gets solved Smile

Again, thank you a lot, Whip.

Smile And that's the reason I posted it. An unknown problem is rarely addressed...

And allow me to add my thanks, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... I really don't want to complain but I would like to know when the file attachment and the option to choose the order in which the posts are displayed will be added.

I don't know much about this stuff so I have no idea what amount of work that is but I guess it's a bit more than installing a driver update for a printer. So, as said, I'm not complaining. I just would like to know the status of the work.

Thanks Smile

Whip-lash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Ummm... I really don't want to complain but I would like to know when the file attachment and the option to choose the order in which the posts are displayed will be added.

I don't know much about this stuff so I have no idea what amount of work that is but I guess it's a bit more than installing a driver update for a printer. So, as said, I'm not complaining. I just would like to know the status of the work.

Thanks Smile

It's manual code changes, plus the time needed to test and install it. I've been really busy at work, real life, etc, and haven't had the time to dedicate to it.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip-lash wrote:
It's manual code changes, plus the time needed to test and install it. I've been really busy at work, real life, etc, and haven't had the time to dedicate to it.

Ouch! Okay, very understandable.

Thanks for the info, Whip.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: