Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Story mistake or what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Story mistake or what? Reply with quote

In Chapter 1 wrote:
She hadn't turned 18 yet when the tragedy happened.

In Chapter 2 wrote:
He had even helped pay Tabitha's tuition at MIT, without Sabrina or Endora finding out. Chris made Tabitha swear not to tell anybody about his financial aid and she had kept her promise. After graduation, she repaid every penny of the money he had given her when she landed her current job. Of course, Chris had protested but had finally relented when Tabitha said that she would tell Sabrina what he had done if he didn't accept the money.

How does this fit together ?

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

I think Tabitha was a Prodigy, and skipped a few years in school...

either that, or all that timejumping messed up in other ways...

Smile

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also possible that Tabitha meant it in the sense that even though Sabrina was already dead, Tabitha could "talk to" her anytime. How many of us who have lost a family member or close friend have had such a conversation with the deceased? The threat was only figurative and Chris obviously realized this, but it had the effect of making him ask himself, what would Sabrina want me to do?, and that was all it took to convince him to accept the money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, Nameless may have a point.

I have to re-read the Tabitha Story from the beginning to catch it. Well since Chapter 12 is not up yet, and my arm's bummed out for the time being so i cant write as much as I want too, might as well do something instead. Twisted Evil

As much as I like the story, I always believed that it needed much work- especially on the Brunner Effect and the 1-way 2-dimensional doorways. In the very least- all the bases should be covered to prevent large escape holes from forming and problems cropping up all over the place, along with readership questionability.

Authors should be answerable to question in an honest way, and not say, "Because it's just is...", or "Becuase I wrote it that way..." But Mistakes Happen.

Furthermore- In later chapters, it says that the "accident" occured while Sabrina was on her way to pick up Tabitha from college or school, but since Tabitha was already home with her parents- Sabrina did not had to go in the first place. This would make Tabitha around 18, with Chris paying for college, but Sabrina Dead Before Tabitha repaid the debt.

This would also mean that their son was also a toddler to preschool age at this time.

So- When did Tabitha had this obession with learning about physics and time travel? The story makes it seem like it was a much younger age for the reason of undoing Sabrina's death.

Perhaps the Brunner Effect kicked in as early as Chapter 1, and we all went along for the ride! Mr. Green

(Like look who's talking- the guy who put ZZ-Production Studio's in Springfeild OH. in his story, instead of where it actually belongs!!!)

D'OH! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Furthermore- In later chapters, it says that the "accident" occured while Sabrina was on her way to pick up Tabitha from college or school, but since Tabitha was already home with her parents- Sabrina did not had to go in the first place. This would make Tabitha around 18, with Chris paying for college, but Sabrina Dead Before Tabitha repaid the debt.

Hmm I may have to re-read Tabitha, as I remember it nobody knew why Sabrina was on the road druing a snow storm.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
So- When did Tabitha had this obession with learning about physics and time travel? The story makes it seem like it was a much younger age for the reason of undoing Sabrina's death.

Well I think she was five at least I think it was how old she was represented as being in Sabrina the Story I can't remember the chapter but she was drawing a picture of some skunks (one being a male) when asked who they were she said one was named "Terl" and that he was the skunk she was going to mary and said an older skunk lady had told her this and also that she would travel in time (I think I just may have re-read both stories...DARN and I so wanted to spend that time reading boring crap!!! Very Happy )

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as ages go:

Tabitha is 5 or so in "Sabrina" (that is 1999), so she is 17 or so in 2011 when Sabrina dies.
Alan was born a few years after Sabrina's marriage (probably 2002 or 2003) and was eight when she died.

These ages are consistent in the story and with "Sabrina"

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have spoke too soon on my part, for in skimming through chapter 6, I found nothing there.

But I remember distinctly some details here and there, hope I'm not confusing it with other parts of the story.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Elfen_Furry wrote:

Hmm I may have to re-read Tabitha, as I remember it nobody knew why Sabrina was on the road druing a snow storm.

You're right, it hasn't been mentioned yet. But here it is: Sabrina was working on her Master's Degree and was at Grove City College when the snowstorm hit. She was trying to find her way home and the storm was worsening, eventually a tractor-trailer (or an articulated lorry for those of you in the UK) had lost control and hit her. We'll learn more about this in the next chapter.

Quote:
Quote:

Well I think she was five at least I think it was how old she was represented as being in Sabrina the Story I can't remember the chapter but she was drawing a picture of some skunks (one being a male) when asked who they were she said one was named "Terl" and that he was the skunk she was going to mary and said an older skunk lady had told her this and also that she would travel in time (I think I just may have re-read both stories...DARN and I so wanted to spend that time reading boring crap!!! Very Happy )

Smile Well, if it helps, you brightened my day stuck at work on a Saturday Smile

Tabitha was 5 when Chris and Sabrina met, and turned 6 at her birthday party in Chapter 25 of Sabrina. Yes, Tabitha was a prodigy. She was 17 when Sabrina was killed. Yes, it hurts like hell to write that word in the same sentence as "Sabrina".

The rest, you may just have to wait Wink And yes, I AM working on it!! Smile

Thanks everyfur for your patience!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BET......TER....HURRY PA...TIENCE.....RUNNING.....DRY

<SNAP>

AAAAAAHHH!!!! WHAT HAPPPENS WHAT HAPPENS, YOU CRUEL BASTARD!!!

Embarassed

Sorry I'm <twich> much better now, really the doctors say it might be ok to go out in public again soon. <twich>

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

<snip!>Yes, Tabitha was a prodigy. She was 17 when Sabrina was killed. Yes, it hurts like hell to write that word in the same sentence as "Sabrina".

Aren't all children prodigies when given the right oppertunities to grow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: