Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 30....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Chapter 30.... Reply with quote

I posted the chapter last night. It's a fairly long one, so enjoy.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was long but not nearly long enough (I say that only because I enjoyed reading it so much). Ok so I was wrong when I said I thought he was going to summon Hukkath but I never thought he'd be able to summon Lucifer and I liked the way that it turned out that Luci was only playing and allowed Arden to think he was really trapped. I do think Sheila made big mistake insisting the that Lucifer Remove the spells placed on her, who knows what else he might have done she would have been better off letting Arden remove them now that he can see them properly.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I was right again Laughing

So, Arden is pretty powerful now. But unless he learns that he is also very vulnerable, not least because he is very arrogant, then he'll have his snout rubbed in it a few more times. Twisted Evil

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm possibly sensing some future irony in this chapter, though I'll hold my suspisions to myself on this one.

There is a bit of a wonder as to what happened to poor shelia when she passed out though hopefully if any wrong has become her Arden can take care of it somehow.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf-Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt think Arden would be able to summon Luci either though i'm curious as to why Arden keeps doubling over in pain,however i'm assuming it has something to do with Arden being in his present form.
is he using too much energy trying to maintain his form?or someother reason?
Blue Eyed Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is more like it. For a while now things have been going rather slowly. Sure, we'd get a bit of action every here and then, but nothing like old times, and that's just what this chapter felt like, old times. Lately the chapters have left me wanting more, but this one left me wanting more NOW! I commend Hikaru on his work. Several things were explained at least to some point in this chapter. I was equally surprised as everyone else when Lucifer showed up. I certainly hadn't expected that. I thought a high level prince of hell perhaps, but never Luci. The bit where Arden drank the molten gold was worthy of a good chuckle. I'd have liked to of seen that witch's face. I think the main theme of this chapter is the peril of arrogance. It was foolish of that young witch to challenge someone she didn't know the full power of, naive and ignorant as well, and it was just plain foolish of Arden to think he could at all control a situation with Lucifer. Luci does pretty much what he wants. Lakash may be powerful, but I doubt even he himself would stand up to Lucifer. It's just not a sane thing to do. That does go to show how much Arden loves Sheila though. I'm also worried what happened to Sheila when she decide to play the idiot's role and demand Lucifer keep his promise. He is, as he said, "The king of lies." Why would she expect him to actually follow through, and even so, to do so without some sick twist as he did before? He's not the most dependable guy, ya know. I'm just worried about the baby. Maybe there's more to it than has been let on thus far. It may turn out to be someone's true goal. Luci was previously interested in it if you'll remember. So maybe it still has a purpose that we don't know about, and Arden's just a pawn, a protector. The higher ups have certainly made sure to protect Sheila while they didn't seem to care less in the beginning. So who know's what the grand scheme of it all is? I wonder if Luci did something to the baby, perhaps even took it from her or killed it in retribution for her actions and those of Arden. The baby might be magical in itself or linked to some spell so Lucifer could use that as a sort of catch on their agreement. Take the baby to remove "all spells" on Sheila. He'd only be doing what he was made to promise to afterall. Yes, I can see many possibilities here. All of them highly interesting. I'd like to know what's going on with Arden doubling over as well. It must have something to do with maintaining his human facade, but you wouldn't think that would be so much trouble with the power he has access to. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I still can't help but feel there might be something else. There certainly are a lot of questions left to be answered, but that's the way I like things. Keep up the great work, Hikaru. An intense story is the best kind there is, and boy is this intense!
be crossed with a cat it would improve man,
but it would deteriorate the cat."
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
Now this is more like it. For a while now things have been going rather slowly. Sure, we'd get a bit of action every here and then, but nothing like old times, and that's just what this chapter felt like, old times. Lately the chapters have left me wanting more, but this one left me wanting more NOW! I commend Hikaru on his work.

Domo arigato, goziamasu!

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
Several things were explained at least to some point in this chapter. I was equally surprised as everyone else when Lucifer showed up. I certainly hadn't expected that. I thought a high level prince of hell perhaps, but never Luci.

Ahhh, Grasshappah... Have I not yet taught you to expect the unexpected?

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
The bit where Arden drank the molten gold was worthy of a good chuckle. I'd have liked to of seen that witch's face. I think the main theme of this chapter is the peril of arrogance. It was foolish of that young witch to challenge someone she didn't know the full power of, naive and ignorant as well, and it was just plain foolish of Arden to think he could at all control a situation with Lucifer. Luci does pretty much what he wants.

Pretty good analysis, though I generally don't have a "theme" or a "moral" for each chapter....

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
Lakash may be powerful, but I doubt even he himself would stand up to Lucifer. It's just not a sane thing to do.

Actually, Lucifer, Gabriel and Lakash are all part of the first host of Angels. They're the high end one's who were the first created and the most powerful. One on one with no other resources except their own, personal powers it would pretty much be an even fight.

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
That does go to show how much Arden loves Sheila though. I'm also worried what happened to Sheila when she decide to play the idiot's role and demand Lucifer keep his promise. He is, as he said, "The king of lies." Why would she expect him to actually follow through, and even so, to do so without some sick twist as he did before? He's not the most dependable guy, ya know.

Actually, one of the things that the forces of Hell pride themselves on (pride's a sin too, remember?) is the fact that they will keep their bargains to the LETTER! (Remember: Hell has more lawyers than the opposition.) The trick is to make sure that your request is cached in such a way as to minimize their ability to twist the bargain. Lucifer twisted the deal with Arden... "I'll break the spell" where as it should have been "I'll remove the spell." This one was pretty simple: "Remove all of the spells on Sheila." Hard to screw up, but you never know... Twisted Evil

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
I'm just worried about the baby. Maybe there's more to it than has been let on thus far. It may turn out to be someone's true goal. Luci was previously interested in it if you'll remember. So maybe it still has a purpose that we don't know about, and Arden's just a pawn, a protector. The higher ups have certainly made sure to protect Sheila while they didn't seem to care less in the beginning. So who know's what the grand scheme of it all is? I wonder if Luci did something to the baby, perhaps even took it from her or killed it in retribution for her actions and those of Arden. The baby might be magical in itself or linked to some spell so Lucifer could use that as a sort of catch on their agreement. Take the baby to remove "all spells" on Sheila. He'd only be doing what he was made to promise to after all. Yes, I can see many possibilities here. All of them highly interesting.

*nods* There's lots going on that I'm obviously being devious about and not giving all the information. I will, however, deliver all the goods before the promised finish to the story. Cool

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
I'd like to know what's going on with Arden doubling over as well. It must have something to do with maintaining his human facade, but you wouldn't think that would be so much trouble with the power he has access to. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I still can't help but feel there might be something else. There certainly are a lot of questions left to be answered, but that's the way I like things. Keep up the great work, Hikaru. An intense story is the best kind there is, and boy is this intense!

Glad you like it. I'm chewing over what to do in 31. If I have the time, I'm going to make it another long chapter. I need to move this plot line along, and shorter chapters just aren't doing it.

Oh well, all the more fun.

Cheers

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
This one was pretty simple: "Remove all of the spells on Sheila." Hard to screw up, but you never know... Twisted Evil

He may just continue removing all spells from her... Twisted Evil like when she could really use the protection of her armor... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Hikaru wrote:
This one was pretty simple: "Remove all of the spells on Sheila." Hard to screw up, but you never know... Twisted Evil

He may just continue removing all spells from her... Twisted Evil like when she could really use the protection of her armor... Twisted Evil

Well those were not spells that were cast on Sheila but on the armor and swords themselves and Arden had her remove them before he called in the prince of darkness.
Blue Eyed Leopard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Quote:
Actually, Lucifer, Gabriel and Lakash are all part of the first host of Angels. They're the high end one's who were the first created and the most powerful. One on one with no other resources except their own, personal powers it would pretty much be an even fight.

Yes, but I do recall one time when Arden knocked Lakash flat, which surprised him as he'd not been able to make Lucifer flinch when he tried the same on him. Perhaps this is because he's both linked to Lakash directly, not completely controlled as Lakash would like, he's linked to Nanuk, and because of his own inherent strength and power. Maybe all of this combined gave him the edge to do so? Still, you'd think if he could do it to Lakash, it'd have worked on Lucifer. Was his attempt at Lucifer prior to his full linkage to Lakash's power? Curiousity is what I'm all about so I'll be impatiently awaiting an answer. Heh, that's what us cats do. We're a very impatient bunch.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
Hikaru wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but I do recall one time when Arden knocked Lakash flat, which surprised him as he'd not been able to make Lucifer flinch when he tried the same on him. Perhaps this is because he's both linked to Lakash directly, not completely controlled as Lakash would like, he's linked to Nanuk, and because of his own inherent strength and power. Maybe all of this combined gave him the edge to do so? Still, you'd think if he could do it to Lakash, it'd have worked on Lucifer. Was his attempt at Lucifer prior to his full linkage to Lakash's power? Curiousity is what I'm all about so I'll be impatiently awaiting an answer. Heh, that's what us cats do. We're a very impatient bunch.

If Arden draws his power from Lakash, then when he struck Lakash he'd be slightly more powerful because he has his own power to put into it in addition to what he could get from Mr L. Of course, we know that if he puts his mind to it, Lakash can dampen the amount of power available to Arden.

Now against Lucifer, Arden wouldn't be able to summon 100% of Lakash's power, therefor he woudln't have the oomf to completely flatten the guy. Then again, I'll bet that Luci has more experience with people taking random swings at him than Lakash does, giving him less of a glass jaw.

Cheers

Blue Eyed Leopard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakash seems to be at a bit of a disadvantage right now as well considering this whole quest thing is supposed to renew his power. So that'd mean he's a lot weaker than usual. This makes me wonder just how strong Nanuk is when at full power. We've been led to believe she's not as powerful a force, but you lead us astray often. I never know what to think with IC, which I suppose, is your entire point. It's supposed to confuse, mislead, and deceive. That's the whole fun of it. I guess I'll just have to continue waiting to see what happens. *sits impatiently, tail curled around and twitching in front of him*
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf-Cat wrote:
...though i'm curious as to why Arden keeps doubling over in pain,however i'm assuming it has something to do with Arden being in his present form.

Rolling Eyes

Perhaps all that gold is like cheese. Gives him the "stoppers"...

Laughing

and
"Lifetimes"
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Eyed Leopard wrote:
Lakash seems to be at a bit of a disadvantage right now as well considering this whole quest thing is supposed to renew his power.

Correction: This entire quest is to renew Nanuk, not Lakash. Lakash will simply cash-in on the power influx, getting a percentage.

As for the gold giving him "stoppers".... I can neither confirm or deny that.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Arden is able to take power from someone else. He has done this a few times and in fact I think when he got Lakash he had been slowly pulling power while distracting Lakash so he would not notice. What are the chances Arden could do the same to Lucifer? How much power could he draw into himself and store?

Actually, Arden hasn't really leached power from others. Nanuk created the link when Arden frist made the wish as did Lakash. When Arden and Sheila swapped bodies, Arden has to tap her own internal powers, nearly killing her. And, although Lucifer has given Arden a boost of energy (first time we met Luci), there's no connection for Arden to tap.

Rathsmon, on the other hand, can drain the very lifeforce from someone and convert that to energy for his reserves.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: