Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't remember story series/author. :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riddle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Can't remember story series/author. :( Reply with quote

series of (at least) 3 stories concerning a race of cat taurs that come to earth.
Name of first story was something like "lost and found", but others I can't remember titles of.
ALSO can't remember name of author. Sad

In one story, a city named gills rock is mentioned, as well as humans finding out their existence when their electronic disguises fail while they're helping with rescue work after a tornado/storm.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't remember story series/author. :( Reply with quote

riddle wrote:
series of (at least) 3 stories concerning a race of cat taurs that come to earth.
Name of first story was something like "lost and found", but others I can't remember titles of.
ALSO can't remember name of author. Sad

In one story, a city named gills rock is mentioned, as well as humans finding out their existence when their electronic disguises fail while they're helping with rescue work after a tornado/storm.

Well, that's the problem with "Teh Intarwebs" in general. Someone's personal site goes dark, all their hard work is lost. The Internet Archive is a bee-yotch to search, too. As much as I've read on the 'Net, I'm drawing a huge blank here. Seems like I would have read that tome and remembered it, had I read it. There have been a number of repositories that have gone dark lately so I would suggest the Internet Archive, despite the difficulty to search it.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to Chakats? You can look up cat taurs and other taurs for reference on Wikifur.

TM

(Yep, seems there's a Wiki for everything.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
riddle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
Are you referring to Chakats?

Actually checked the "Chakat" angle before posting here, not a bleeping thing even close to matching the stories I'm looking for.

The really annoying part is I'd had copies saved, but my desktop wound up trashed (in spite of having redundant protection) thanks to the poor quality grid of the local power company. Sad
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddle wrote:
Tigermark wrote:
Are you referring to Chakats?

Actually checked the "Chakat" angle before posting here, not a bleeping thing even close to matching the stories I'm looking for.

The really annoying part is I'd had copies saved, but my desktop wound up trashed (in spite of having redundant protection) thanks to the poor quality grid of the local power company. Sad

I assume then that you’ve been through these story list, http://www.chakatsden.com/chakat/Stories.html ? Has a pretty long list of Chaka-related stories from multiple authors. Searched through sofurry as well as numerous google searches with different combinations based on your first post but didn’t have any luck finding anything mentioning Gills Rock either. Good luck with your search, hopefully you’ll find them.
riddle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did Greasshoper22 - it was the third site I checked (though I knew the stories weren't part of the "chakat universe" per se, was HOPING to find a lead. No luck, sadly.) I even wrote to the owner of that site, asking him if the description of the stories sounded familiar to him - they weren't.

OH! That just reminded me of the unusual name of one of the cat-taurs - STRIPPLE!

Quote:
QUICK ROBIN! To the batcave - there's not a moment to lose!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: