Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello all
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Hello all Reply with quote

New member but long time fur, doesn’t look like much life left here but hoping to come across info on authors of stories I’ve been reading. Look forward to chatting with those still here. [/code]
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi grasshopper, welcome.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cookie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

There's a few of us still trying to rekindle the flame of ol' PF. Smile

AKA Mogthemoogle
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Greetings from the Mad Admin, Kel.

Make yourself at home, enjoy some reading and remember, this is a PG rated forum.

Mr. Green

Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome too PF Insane Asylum Greasshoper. I see that you have met some of of the patients. At first they may seem a little crazy but in time you'll find that they are only insane, I and I do hope that you will enjoy you stay here with us... Very Happy

And remember Monday around here is blue pill day...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
Hi grasshopper, welcome.

TM

Hi TM, thank you.

Cookie wrote:
Welcome!

There's a few of us still trying to rekindle the flame of ol' PF. Smile

Glad to see a lil flame still burning here, it’s been way too long since I’ve visited.

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
Hello and Greetings from the Mad Admin, Kel.

Make yourself at home, enjoy some reading and remember, this is a PG rated forum.

Mr. Green

Greetings Kel, PG is fine with me and while it’s been a busy week but I’m gonna snoop around to see what’s up here when work calms down.

Tommy Fox Stone wrote:
Greetings and welcome too PF Insane Asylum Greasshoper. I see that you have met some of of the patients. At first they may seem a little crazy but in time you'll find that they are only insane, I and I do hope that you will enjoy you stay here with us... Very Happy

And remember Monday around here is blue pill day...

Thank you Tommy, they didn’t cause too much bother. Few dubious looks and one handsy encounter but otherwise unscathed. Pretty sure i came in wearing a watch though. :scratch:

If it’s all the same to you, I prefer the red ones. They allow me an escape from the every day mundane without actually leaving. Wink
Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you like for media, Greass?

AKA Mogthemoogle
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:

In what context cookie?
Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greasshoper22 wrote:
Cookie wrote:

In what context cookie?

In general, yanno. Music, movies, games, still frames on the wall that communicate with you exclusively at night.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
Greasshoper22 wrote:
Cookie wrote:

In what context cookie?

In general, yanno. Music, movies, games, still frames on the wall that communicate with you exclusively at night.

Laughing Gotcha, gotcha. I hear ‘media’ and my mind goes straight to art lol. I used to work with clay, dabbled with oils but didn’t have an eye for it so I stuck with sculpture. Pollock is my favorite artist. For furry stuff I like print media as it were, love reading fan fics and original content. In fact, I’ve just started reading TMs work thanks to his replies in another thread. Fan of several artist as well, I tend to lean towards the ‘hand drawn’ over the ‘digital’ work.

Music...pretty much everything. From Country to Punk to early rap to some electronic stuff, I’m not too picky but I won’t listen to ‘top 40’ type stuff. It all sounds the same and takes little talent in most cases. IMO the easier music got to make, the lesser the quality became.

Games are my tool for relaxation, you could say I’ve been addicted since I got LoZ:LttP. Play exclusively on console, PC stuff changes too quickly and I can’t afford to keep up lol. I play RPGs to FPS, if it’s got a good story or I can play with friends then I’m in.

Cars and anything mechanical have been a big part of my life. Currently have 4; 3 toys and a daily. My avatar is a rotary engine, Mazda runs deep within me haha. I’ve built several cars, raced for several years, built/repaired farm equipment and the like too.

Well, cookie, that’s probably more than you were looking for lol. How about you? Love your avatar btw. Goes for the rest of y’all too, chime in if ya want. Smile
Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greasshoper22 wrote:
Laughing Gotcha, gotcha. I hear ‘media’ and my mind goes straight to art lol. I used to work with clay, dabbled with oils but didn’t have an eye for it so I stuck with sculpture. Pollock is my favorite artist. For furry stuff I like print media as it were, love reading fan fics and original content. In fact, I’ve just started reading TMs work thanks to his replies in another thread. Fan of several artist as well, I tend to lean towards the ‘hand drawn’ over the ‘digital’ work.

Music...pretty much everything. From Country to Punk to early rap to some electronic stuff, I’m not too picky but I won’t listen to ‘top 40’ type stuff. It all sounds the same and takes little talent in most cases. IMO the easier music got to make, the lesser the quality became.

Games are my tool for relaxation, you could say I’ve been addicted since I got LoZ:LttP. Play exclusively on console, PC stuff changes too quickly and I can’t afford to keep up lol. I play RPGs to FPS, if it’s got a good story or I can play with friends then I’m in.

Cars and anything mechanical have been a big part of my life. Currently have 4; 3 toys and a daily. My avatar is a rotary engine, Mazda runs deep within me haha. I’ve built several cars, raced for several years, built/repaired farm equipment and the like too.

Well, cookie, that’s probably more than you were looking for lol. How about you? Love your avatar btw. Goes for the rest of y’all too, chime in if ya want. Smile

Not at all! Perfect sort of answer. Smile

I also have eclectic musical tastes. I won't say I won't listen to top 40 stuff because even though I dislike most of it from 2003-onward, many songs I love were once top 40ers (and a few gems have come along since).

Did you know they actually proved via musical algorithm and computer break-down that popular music has actually been getting progressively worse since 1980. Not just in the sense of nostalgia or personal preference, but actual, real, literal complexity, depth and intelligence?

Essentially most anything "Billboard" from 1998 on lacks any real soul in terms of traditional pop (especially with the advent of the loudness wars), AKA teeny-bop music like boy bands and Keisha and the like. Isolated, Hip Hop and Rap did not truly begin to falter hard until later, as the genre is based mostly on lyrical quality and performance than melody.

So it isn't just us being old men and music snobs! haha

As for games RPG's are my bread and butter. I also love the original Zelda trilogy, including II. I generally prefer the Snes and Playstation era of JRPG, and a handfull of 8-bit titles as well. The genre has lost some of its luster since the turn of the Millennium. As an example, I was an enormous fan of Final Fantasy (even before it was cool in the west) up until Final Fantasy X. I didn't really care for any new FF game since.

Frankly, I am not a big fan of voice acting in my games. I prefer my imagination.

EDIT: Oh and, thank you! I drew it myself. I'm an artist by trade.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
Greasshoper22 wrote:

Not at all! Perfect sort of answer. Smile

I also have eclectic musical tastes. I won't say I won't listen to top 40 stuff because even though I dislike most of it from 2003-onward, many songs I love were once top 40ers (and a few gems have come along since).

Did you know they actually proved via musical algorithm and computer break-down that popular music has actually been getting progressively worse since 1980. Not just in the sense of nostalgia or personal preference, but actual, real, literal complexity, depth and intelligence?

Essentially most anything "Billboard" from 1998 on lacks any real soul in terms of traditional pop (especially with the advent of the loudness wars), AKA teeny-bop music like boy bands and Keisha and the like. Isolated, Hip Hop and Rap did not truly begin to falter hard until later, as the genre is based mostly on lyrical quality and performance than melody.

So it isn't just us being old men and music snobs! haha

As for games RPG's are my bread and butter. I also love the original Zelda trilogy, including II. I generally prefer the Snes and Playstation era of JRPG, and a handfull of 8-bit titles as well. The genre has lost some of its luster since the turn of the Millennium. As an example, I was an enormous fan of Final Fantasy (even before it was cool in the west) up until Final Fantasy X. I didn't really care for any new FF game since.

Frankly, I am not a big fan of voice acting in my games. I prefer my imagination.

EDIT: Oh and, thank you! I drew it myself. I'm an artist by trade.

That’s great, have you got an FA page or the equivalent for your work?

You know, I think you picked it right with 2003. Thinking back it was probably around that time when I started paying more attention to the music I was consuming, prior it was more along the lines of what my parents would have on and I’d accept it as such. That was about the same time I started playin bass, from then on I paid closer attention to the complexity and lyrical value of music. It helped that my teacher was a man of many taste, he was in his 80s back then and if it had strings he could play it. I can’t recall the titles but several of his suggestions opened my mind to the wider world outside of the top 40 types. I’m curios to what you consider ‘the gems’, I wanna know if it matches what I have in mind. Smile

I can’t pinpoint where I think pop went south but, to me, mainstream country went off the rails around the time Tim McGraw and Nelly did a duet. If you’re not familiar with it, I suggest giving ‘Over and Over’ a listen on YouTube. It’ll give ya an idea of where I’m coming from. After that, when it was commercially successful, drum machines, hip hop style beats, and lyrical diarrhea started making its way into, and almost taking over, mainstream country. Thankfully here in Texas we’ve got several country sub genres that far exceed what’s being played. 😁

For hip hop/rap, I pretty much stick with 80s/mid 90s stuff. I like the poetic/ story type, ‘bitches and hoes/money this and that’ garbage can die off at any time. I won’t shed any tears. Punk and country are my bread and butter though. Give me a raging guitar with fast drums or a sawing fiddle with a walking bass line and I’m in, probably why cow punk and rockabilly appeal so much to me haha!

Haven’t heard about that study but I’ll seek it out. It makes sense though, cost v return on music has gotten greater for decades. And hahah at the old men comment, I certainly feel like it sometimes.

I love the originals, bought an orginal NES a decade or so ago just to play them. The Silent Hill series is a close second to Zelda, I wish the later titles werent so bad...the first 3 were great. I’ve got decent console and game collection going, I still need a few consoles to finish it up but the older ones are now collectible and prices are reflecting that. Voice acting is ok so long as it’s in sync and the voices ‘fit’, I tend to use subtitles so characters end up with their own ‘voices’ in my head...wait...that doesnt sound right. 😂 Got any RPG or other genre suggestions?

AJ
Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greasshoper22 wrote:

That’s great, have you got an FA page or the equivalent for your work?

You know, I think you picked it right with 2003. Thinking back it was probably around that time when I started paying more attention to the music I was consuming, prior it was more along the lines of what my parents would have on and I’d accept it as such. That was about the same time I started playin bass, from then on I paid closer attention to the complexity and lyrical value of music. It helped that my teacher was a man of many taste, he was in his 80s back then and if it had strings he could play it. I can’t recall the titles but several of his suggestions opened my mind to the wider world outside of the top 40 types. I’m curios to what you consider ‘the gems’, I wanna know if it matches what I have in mind. Smile

I can’t pinpoint where I think pop went south but, to me, mainstream country went off the rails around the time Tim McGraw and Nelly did a duet. If you’re not familiar with it, I suggest giving ‘Over and Over’ a listen on YouTube. It’ll give ya an idea of where I’m coming from. After that, when it was commercially successful, drum machines, hip hop style beats, and lyrical diarrhea started making its way into, and almost taking over, mainstream country. Thankfully here in Texas we’ve got several country sub genres that far exceed what’s being played. 😁

For hip hop/rap, I pretty much stick with 80s/mid 90s stuff. I like the poetic/ story type, ‘bitches and hoes/money this and that’ garbage can die off at any time. I won’t shed any tears. Punk and country are my bread and butter though. Give me a raging guitar with fast drums or a sawing fiddle with a walking bass line and I’m in, probably why cow punk and rockabilly appeal so much to me haha!

Haven’t heard about that study but I’ll seek it out. It makes sense though, cost v return on music has gotten greater for decades. And hahah at the old men comment, I certainly feel like it sometimes.

I love the originals, bought an orginal NES a decade or so ago just to play them. The Silent Hill series is a close second to Zelda, I wish the later titles werent so bad...the first 3 were great. I’ve got decent console and game collection going, I still need a few consoles to finish it up but the older ones are now collectible and prices are reflecting that. Voice acting is ok so long as it’s in sync and the voices ‘fit’, I tend to use subtitles so characters end up with their own ‘voices’ in my head...wait...that doesnt sound right. 😂 Got any RPG or other genre suggestions?

AJ

I do! That little www button under my messages will take you right to it. Fair warning, I draw a lot of smut. I'm fairly shameless, though also strikingly vanilla compared to a good portion of the fandom.

As for gems along the way since 2003 I may tend more towards the electric than you have. I like artists such as Little Dragon, Gorillaz (though Humanz was a let down), Daft Punk. However, I've mostly enjoyed selections from what they call "Alt Nation", which is as close as you can get to creativity in the industry that gets any radio time.

Lately I've been sinking my ears into the indy scene via Soundcloud and the like. I'm very fond of... shall we call it Dramatic Medieval music. Bag pipes, harpsichord, strings, woodwinds, organic drums, European chants.

2017 was horrible for a few of my favorite big acts. All they wanted to sing about was Trump and white guilt and frankly... it all came off as try hard and boring. I expect more subtlety, poetry and nuance in the message from talented and seasoned musicians, and less overt "it's popular to hate white people" band-wagoning racism. What an immensely disappointing year it was for music.

Have you ever played Chrono Trigger? It is my personal favorite game.

I also love more relaxed world building games. Sim City, Civilization, Minecraft, Age of Empires (admittedly less relaxed but still great fun). As for Silent Hill I enjoy watching them in action rather than playing them. I find them too interesting to remember I have to actually do things. haha

So far I've sunk over 1000 hours into Civilization 5, countless thousands into Age of Empires II over the years, and probably too many playthroughs of my favorite Snes games.

For action games I am a big fan of the Megaman and Megaman X series... up to a point in each. I also still love any proper Mario Bros. from before the 3D craze.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:

I do! That little www button under my messages will take you right to it. Fair warning, I draw a lot of smut. I'm fairly shameless, though also strikingly vanilla compared to a good portion of the fandom.

As for gems along the way since 2003 I may tend more towards the electric than you have. I like artists such as Little Dragon, Gorillaz (though Humanz was a let down), Daft Punk. However, I've mostly enjoyed selections from what they call "Alt Nation", which is as close as you can get to creativity in the industry that gets any radio time.

Lately I've been sinking my ears into the indy scene via Soundcloud and the like. I'm very fond of... shall we call it Dramatic Medieval music. Bag pipes, harpsichord, strings, woodwinds, organic drums, European chants.

2017 was horrible for a few of my favorite big acts. All they wanted to sing about was Trump and white guilt and frankly... it all came off as try hard and boring. I expect more subtlety, poetry and nuance in the message from talented and seasoned musicians, and less overt "it's popular to hate white people" band-wagoning racism. What an immensely disappointing year it was for music.

Have you ever played Chrono Trigger? It is my personal favorite game.

I also love more relaxed world building games. Sim City, Civilization, Minecraft, Age of Empires (admittedly less relaxed but still great fun). As for Silent Hill I enjoy watching them in action rather than playing them. I find them too interesting to remember I have to actually do things. haha

So far I've sunk over 1000 hours into Civilization 5, countless thousands into Age of Empires II over the years, and probably too many playthroughs of my favorite Snes games.

For action games I am a big fan of the Megaman and Megaman X series... up to a point in each. I also still love any proper Mario Bros. from before the 3D craze.

Thanks cookie, you’ll have to forgive the delayed reply. It’s been busy at work and with the summer heat already setting in, I’ve been beat by the end of the day. I did log in and give your FA a watch but haven’t had a chance to check out your gallery. Smut or not, i can appreciate good work. My SN is the same as here. 👍

Gorillaz were good. Thom Yorke had a solo album around the same time Demon Days was released that was good too, stayed in the CD player for weeks when it came out. Didn’t get Humanz, doesn’t soundlike I missed much though. Dunno that I know anyone from the ‘alt nation’ genre, I can’t think of any bands off the top of my head but I’m open to new music. XM has a station dedicated to it, I’ll check it out.

You’ve piqued my interest, I’ve never heard ‘dramatic medevil music’ but I think I need to lol!

I hear ya, the last several years have been disappointments sans a few artist here and there. Music aside, it’s been quite dramatic across the board. Seems it’s become acceptable to outwardly express hate and bigotry but that’s a selerate conversation within itself.

I’m ashamed to say I haven’t. -_- You’re not the first to recommend it either, gonna check out my local game store to see if they have a copy.

Oh man, Sim City and Age of Empires...I don’t wanna know how many hours I’ve got into those collectively. AoE was my intro to RTSs, I loved that game. Later I spent just as much time in the Total War series, good times. Tried Civ but I never got into it, can’t say why but it’s been years since I played one. Maybe I need to revisit the series. The Fallout series has been another black hole of time lol. The Megaman series is another I haven’t been properly aquainted with but I know most of the soundtracks from them, a friend of mine used to put them on in her car when we’d go cruising around. FYI, 8-bit soundtracks make for great driving tunes. Very Happy
Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to buy a Snes cart of Chrono Trigger, be very careful not to buy a fake one! Fakes have been a terrible problem lately.

Do yourself and all gamers a favor and skip Gamestop entirely. haha

And oh yeah, I love listening to video game music from back in the day.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: