Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the Storm's Wake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: In the Storm's Wake Reply with quote

Chapter 10 is available. Let me know what you think.

For obvious reasons, it has some fairly strong religious overtones, you might say...

Kinsfire

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: In the Storm's Wake Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
For obvious reasons, it has some fairly strong religious overtones, you might say...

I hadn't noticed... Wink

Question:
Can a non-mage really distinguish between an actualy divine visit and an illusion by a powerful mage?

My own views on the matter are somewhat similar to Kevin's, but...

Does a personal divine visit not impair my free will. Is it still free will if God commands me to use my brain?

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: In the Storm's Wake Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Kinsfire wrote:

I hadn't noticed... Wink

Question:
Can a non-mage really distinguish between an actualy divine visit and an illusion by a powerful mage?

I see it as being a difference in the feel of the power. You can sense the power, but all magic seems to start from within the mage, so there is a feeling of that person, of mortality (yes, even if the person has mystically granted themselves immortality) when you sense that magic.

Divine power, on the other paw, comes from withOUT; from somewhere outside the mage (cleric). The individual channels the power granted them to the purpose at hand. The feeling of OTHER is noticeable.

Nameless wrote:
My own views on the matter are somewhat similar to Kevin's, but...

Does a personal divine visit not impair my free will. Is it still free will if God commands me to use my brain?

Laughing Good question. I see it as having free will until the point where God tells you exactly what to think. You're not being told what conclusion you need to come to, so I see it as still being under your control - hence, free will.

Kinsfire

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood. Brittany is, at best, a supporting character. Others may show up, but...

Smile

Kinsfire

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chirp-chirp* (*chirp-chirp*)

Hello? (Hello?)

Echo (Echo)

Now batting for the Yankees... (...Yankees...)

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, people!

Remember how I was holding a contest for Chapter 11? Well, the Chapter is now posted at kinsfire.net!

Go there, and then come back and tell me who wrote it! (There's a couple of people out there with the info to know - please don't answer it yet...)

I'll let you know on Friday who the winning author was. (And the other one and a half writers? Don't worry - you suggested things that'll show up as well.)

Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gots to admit, I dunno... but I like, yes indeedie, I like.

Hm. I'll hazard a guess. Cateagle. But I'll hold off on saying just why I suspect my fellow feline for the moment...

Of course, this could just be a bluff... Thought I'd get that said before someone accused me of it...

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty good chapter. Very Happy

Unfortunately, I have no idea who wrote it. Confused

Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo... when do we find out who wrote it, Kinsfire? Inquiring minds want to know! Ah, well, I'll probably find out when I get back. If you've announced it by then.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's now Firday, and I said that I'd tell everyone who wrote it.

Galadrion came the closest. (Then again, he was the only guesser. Laughing) He had part of the name right.

It was Catspaw who wrote it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: