Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notes from The Range 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Notes from The Range 2015 Reply with quote

We'll see if anyone is still paying attention ...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is damn nice to see you posting again. As always, there are some lovely photos to enjoy on your blog.

Here's hoping things -will- pick up for you. I'm no further away than an email, if you need to talk, but you already know that Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you dear, I appreciate that. I follow along on FB and drop by your site now and then.

SC

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much is happening on my site anymore. I work on my books, but it's slow going. Medication does that to a person, I guess. I'll get there eventually though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Notes from The Range 2015 Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
We'll see if anyone is still paying attention ...

Hey, nice to see you post something both here and at The Range.

I agree with Aslaug - meds for my chronic bad back seemed to have knocked the edge off of my writing. Been looking at a chapter of "Scribe" for so long, I'm really ready to start over on it. My creativity has taken a huge pounding.

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask "what the hell is the matter with us," but we all share one thing in common ... it's called RL. I don't know about you folks, but RL has been giving me a bit of trouble for a while, and I know my literary creativity plummeted to near zero a while back, and except for one exception has remained there.

Sounds as if the same has happened to quite a few of us. I guess the real question is: "What are we going to do to help each other out of this communal funk we're in?" I have an idea ...

Meds ... I only have one for blood pressure. Seems I've been hypertensive (wonder why that might be?!) the past couple of years, off and on, and the "on" stage was becoming predominant. So losinopril / hydrochlorothiazide has become part of my daily regimen. My other meds tend to be more readily available over-the-counter, they come in large bottles made of glass. The most effective one is square and has a big black label on it ... works for pain, both physical and mental. Probably not very complimentary to my BP issues, but what the hell, I'm still alive and kicking, and my aim is still ... well ... OK.

I miss you guys, and I know it's my own damn fault. I need to do so many things more often / better than I do, and staying plugged in with the community is one of them. I've been kind of "lone-wolfing" it for a while, and need to drag myself out of that mode.

Thanks for checking in and giving me some good, solid incentive to do that. I appreciate it.

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still alive also. Just very, very deep in RL activities, like grandcubs and such.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<shakes head, grinning>

You grandpas ...

I'm looking forward to the time when I can again hold a little paw in mine as I introduce the next generation to the world I love. Not sure how far into the future I need to wait, but one pup is firmly in the position to make that happen, and another will be by summer's end.

Hope I'm still young enough to play in the dirt and explore the high country when my grandpups show up ...

Good to hear from you T.

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I read Semper Solus, and I have to say, I could feel your passion in that piece.

Good to see you writing again.

BTW, I've somehow found some inspiration to work on chapter 17 of "Scribe". Hopefully I'll get through it.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well. I must say I like the start you made of Semper Solus. The descriptions are sharp, and the feelings sharper. Now if a young adventurer comes in looking for a mentor, run.

...or don't. It's just that old, hard-bitten cynical warriors tend to die after getting the young idealistic ones started and passing on their wisdom, or lack thereof. Just about the time they start to like the young-un and feel some optimism returning, blat, the big bad gets 'em.

or so the story trope goes.

*grin* great to see you writing again.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope we'll see more writing from you going forward. You have such a good turn of phrase. It seems organic and real, and I always enjoyed your pieces.

And drop me a line at some point if you need to bend someone's ear a bit Smile
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words. It really helps knowing that you all are taking the time to look at what I've done and offer encouragement. I truly appreciate that.

Anybody know what's happening with Red ... I mean Aramis .. these days? Last I thought I heard, he was stateside somewhere, but I don't really know why I think that. I sure miss him ...

You too, T.

Embarking tomorrow on a few days of highways and family. 800 miles nonstop. Hopefully the change of venue will blow at least some of the dust and brambles out of my head. Maybe I'll find a sunny spot somewhere some cool morning, work my coffee slowly, and ponder where and with whom I want Semper Solus to go.

Hell, I might even write something down ...

Catch ya later!

SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: