Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rant Central - Or why is the next chapter not posted already
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad

Is there any point to continuing "Sara's Story" ?

I got one comment on the chapter I posted last week and a whopping two furs looked at the chapter I posted on Saturday.

Sad Crying or Very sad

More of a time-delay than anything else (RL does complicate things). Chapter 8 was "intense" - my feline side would like to have that rabbit as a chew toy, the eagle side just wnats to give him a flight, in claws, with some "free fall" - sans parachute- at the end; the readers can hope that he meets his just desserts somewhere along the way (though if I was the Lord of that manor, a hidden location like that would bother me). Chapter 9 was more intriguing, it appear that, within the limits of their culture, there are good folks in that household.

Thoughtfully,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Hmmm, I wonder... Am I going mad, crazy or just plain insane... Twisted Evil

Bad news for all you folks waiting for another chapter of SiasfL. Sad
While I have written more this month than in any full month before, only a little bit has been on anything except my XXXXXXX-rated stories. Confused
My muse just does not want me to write anything else....

I've written several chapters of "Sara's Story", and I've started another story in that universe, centered on a minor character from "Sara's Story."
And this story promises to be even more horrible...
I have tentatively called it "A Vixen's Tail". Wink
(Sorry for the terrible pun.)

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
More of a time-delay than anything else (RL does complicate things).
I forget, some people still have this mythic thing called "a life"....

Cateagle wrote:
Chapter 8 was "intense" - my feline side would like to have that rabbit as a chew toy, the eagle side just wnats to give him a flight, in claws, with some "free fall" - sans parachute- at the end;
Wasn't that how an eagle deals with a turtle?

Cateagle wrote:
(though if I was the Lord of that manor, a hidden location like that would bother me).
To be honest, I had not thought that through quite well enough, the Lord probably would do something about it. Well, I'm not going to change the story because of it.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
Chapter 8 was "intense" - my feline side would like to have that rabbit as a chew toy, the eagle side just wnats to give him a flight, in claws, with some "free fall" - sans parachute- at the end;
Wasn't that how an eagle deals with a turtle?

*G* Well, yeah; but I'd be willing to give that particular rabbit equal opportunity.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: D'oh!! Reply with quote

You'll have to forgive me, Nameless....

Me? For the past week, I've seen notices here that "Chapter 8" is now ready to read, and me, I thought it meant that ch 8 of SiaSFL was up for reading. And, when I couldn't get it up on the web page (no puns!!!), I figured I would wait until you fixed the html coding.

Then I see that ch 9 has been posted and read, and I'm thinking, well, damn- why can't *I* read the two chapters!!??

Then, lo and behold, I get the bright idea to read through the posts in this part of the forum, and see if maybe you put up links to the chapters. Nope, didn't see them. Then I had to actually read through the posts themselves, and THEN I GOT IT.

Figures, don't it? I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer- I'm methodical, not quick of wit. *grin*

So, now do I not only know that the chapters are for "Sara's Story" and not the other story you're writing, but I remember where I have to go to read them. And so, I'm off to do that now.....

-Shirh Khan

And now, having finished the reading.....

I can say, easily, that I agree with CatEagle's view of chapter 8. I would gladly love to have a character in this story, just to give back to "Jack" exactly what he gave to Sara. Oh, how I would relish that task....

-Shirh Khan (again...)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: D'oh!! Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
Me? For the past week, I've seen notices here that "Chapter 8" is now ready to read, and me, I thought it meant that ch 8 of SiaSFL was up for reading. And, when I couldn't get it up on the web page (no puns!!!), I figured I would wait until you fixed the html coding.

Then I see that ch 9 has been posted and read, and I'm thinking, well, damn- why can't *I* read the two chapters!!??

Laughing Look under which topic it was posted ... Laughing Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: D'oh!! Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
I can say, easily, that I agree with CatEagle's view of chapter 8. I would gladly love to have a character in this story, just to give back to "Jack" exactly what he gave to Sara. Oh, how I would relish that task....

Twisted Evil Kind of like :
The doctor will make the pain go away ... ... ... ... eventually. Twisted Evil Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I'm having a bit of a writer's block on SiasfL. Mainly I have problems with several things that have to happen now to set the scene for important things later on. And I just can't quite figure out a way to pull it off, I have not yet found a way for these things to happen in a logical way that does not sound too contrieved. Sad

So it might be some time until the next chapter.

In other news, I plan to have the next chapter of "Sara's Story" ready and posted on the weekend or so.

I will be on holiday starting on tuesday and probably offline for some two weeks.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Ok, I'm back from my holiday.

Sad The luggage is still missing, presumed to be in London Heathrow somewhere (should be along in the next couple of days).

Bad news on the story front...

I did not get to do any writing done. The last few holidays I was in the States or Canada, I would ususally have an hour or so per day of "off" time at the motel. Since I took a laptop with me, so I could use that "off" time, I did not have any on this holiday... Confused

Apart from that the holiday was nice...

Sslaxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Confused Ok, I'm back from my holiday.

Sad The luggage is still missing, presumed to be in London Heathrow somewhere (should be along in the next couple of days).

I did not get to do any writing done. The last few holidays I was in the States or Canada, I would ususally have an hour or so per day of "off" time at the motel. Since I took a laptop with me, so I could use that "off" time, I did not have any on this holiday... Confused

gives strawberries Nice to hear you had a good time, Nameless! Smile

I hope that luggage turns up soon.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:

*Chuckle* That's a corollary to Murphy's Law - once you prepare to take advantage of something, it won't happen. My business travel on one job ended as soon as I joined a frequent flyer program. Laughing

Glad you're back safely and hoping that yoru lugage maeks it back safely.

Cateagle

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh when I was stationed at West Point I flew home to California on leave but they sent my luggage to Germany Rolling Eyes Anyway it's good to see ya back safely and I hope you had a good time.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for all SiasfL fans.

I've found a solution to a problem that has been bugging me badly (how to get certain events in the story to happen properly) and I managed to do quite a bit of writing, so the next chapter might be posted in the not-too-distant future.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:BIG: YEAAAAAH!!!!

furry_wolf2001b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! Exclamation Exclamation
Do the funky furry dance. Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: