Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trixie Belden and the Anthrocon Mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I keep up a semi-professional impression and won't say anything until I know more facts, meaning until I read chapter 2.

And besides, at the moment I don't really care what Dennis might do to find the criminal(s). He's in the hospital and I doubt that he'll leave it for the next days.

At the moment I'm only interesting in WHO did it and WHY.

My words for now. More later.

Rava

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
I know as writer that my response here could be taken as gospel, but I am playing D.A. (Devil's Advocate) right now. So do not think I have given anything away by my response. (This comment, obviously, goes for everyone who's reading it.)

Kinsfire

*Laughs* I never ment anything by the comments. The character just rubbed me wrong. I remember the coversation but at the same time I dont feel like I can trust him. Honey and Trixie always were too trusting... I really AM enjoying the story
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
Kinsfire wrote:
I know as writer that my response here could be taken as gospel, but I am playing D.A. (Devil's Advocate) right now. So do not think I have given anything away by my response. (This comment, obviously, goes for everyone who's reading it.)

Kinsfire

*Laughs* I never ment anything by the comments. The character just rubbed me wrong. I remember the coversation but at the same time I dont feel like I can trust him. Honey and Trixie always were too trusting... I really AM enjoying the story

Sorry, I didn't mean MY phrase there to be taken the wrong way. I just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't giving anything away with the post.

I'll admit, I did find it a surprise that he was actively hated by someone! Laughing Shocked Laughing At least, this early in the story... Twisted Evil

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2 is now available. Hope you enjoy!
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: The Second Speculation Reply with quote

Majorly interesting...

Okay, let's look at the news facts.

Note: I will refer to the driver of the attacking car as 'guy' but I'm very well aware that it also could have been a woman.

Hmmm... no new facts regarding Honey but some new stuff about Dennis.

There is something about the convention that's extremely important to Dennis, even more important than staying at the side of his girlfriend, as Trixie stated. I don't think it's certain that what ever that is is tied to the incident but it is very likely.

Then there is Dennis' doctor's statement that it looks like he was treated directly after the incident. That could have been by someone who happened to come by but that's very unlikely. Why should somebody help him but not Honey and why should that one disappear? The other possibility, namely that the driver of the other car did it doesn't make much sense either, unless he wanted only Honey to die and nobody else. That however doesn't make much more sense because if he was capable enough to treat Dennis he must have realized that Honey was still alive and most likely would survive. It would have been the perfect opportunity to finish her of by breaking her neck. On the other paw, everybody who passed by the scene of the incident would have wondered what the guy was doing there.

All in all, that doesn't make sense. On the other paw, perhaps Dennis was just lucky and didn't take any further injuries.

Brian is suddenly there... That can be viewed as support of my suspicion that he was the driver. On the other paw, he could just as well have jumped into his car (or the next plane) and got as fast to Philly as possible. To make that clear I would ask: Was he notified of what happened (though I think he was) and if he was, how? If they called him under a number in Bosten he would have an aliby and be out of the calculation, at least himself in person.

BTW: Rava's statement that he wouldn't do such a crime is something I have to accept since I don't know the characters but she does. On the other paw, this is a few years after the official novels and people can change dramatically, even in just a few years. And Kinsfire's statement that I got that part wrong doesn't mean much to me. After all, Kinsfire is writing this story and I don't think he's giving things away. I think he'd rather try to lure the readers on the wrong track (I would Smile)

Finally there is the last part were Honey seems to be scared of Dennis. I don't think that means too much, at least not in the way it almost begs to be taken, namely that Dennis has to do something with the crime as criminal. That however I think is extremely unlikely because it would be phenominal stupid of Dennis to stick around at the hopital in that case. I mean, if he had done anything and Honey had seen it then he had to expected that the first thing she would do when seeing him would be "ARREST HIM!!!"

No, I think something in Honey's brain made a wrong connection there.

The only other possibility I see was that the driver of the other car looks remarkably like Dennis and stopped by their crashed car. Of course, that theory expects that Honey was conscious after the crash, at least for a few seconds. Again, unlikely.

I'll put all my assumptions as to who was the attacker on a hold until I know more facts. However, I don't think Dennis has actively do with with except as a possible target.

Well, I guess that was is for now. Await the next speculations when chapter 3 is posted or I can think of something better Smile

Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting indeed... and I can see that Kinsfire is complying with my request <grin>. I'm definitely not seeing a "big picture" type revalation at the moment. I can see I'm going to be following this one closely as the chapters roll out. Mainly because I'm seeing a large number of things which might be clues... or might just be my innate paranoia cropping up. This is going to be deeply intriguing...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, chapter three is available, and I'd like to think that I still haven't butchered the BWG too badly yet.

You might also recognize some of the other people I included in this chapter.

As I said on the website - enjoy!

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Speculation The Third Reply with quote

Another chapter, another speculation.

Hmmm... actually not much new.

The old questions still stand but for a change not many new have risen.

The biggest of the is: What did Evan and Dennis talk about? It could have had something to do with the accident, what would mean that Evan could be somehow involved in it.

On the other paw, it could just have been that they were just talking about the lastest spooge pics and Dennis would have been embaressed to talk about that in front of his friends.

As to Honey's scared reaction to Dennis, Diana's explanation to that sounds good to me but I don't know enough about human psyche to properly judge that.

I think to explain that properly we would have to know what exactly happened in the minutes between the accident and when help arrived. It's possible that something happened in that time that would bring a lot light into the darkness of this mystery.

I myself am not so sure that the 'attacker' wanted something Honey and Dennis had with them. That is, unless he, she or them wanted to destroy it because it would have been very likely that it would have been destroyed in the accident.

Hmmm... When you follow that line of thought the fursuit Dennis build begs for some attention. Looking at the case this way it becomes more possible that there is a competing fursuiter who wants to prevent Dennis' fursuit to be shown in public by all means necessary.

Then there is that fact that there is obviously an individual Dennis holds a special grudge against and most likely vice versa.

However, I want to wait till we 'meet' that individual before I make any assumptions there.

Well, I think that was it for now. More wild speculations when the next chapter is posted or when I can think of something else, whatever happens first Smile

But since we still have broadcasting time left, let me say that is was another very good chapter. Not much new hints (unless I missed them) but the story is moving forward and a few well know characters were introduced into the story.

Great work, Kinsfire. I'm eagerly waiting for more.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most entertaining, and (unfortunately) very accurate in certain spots - were I to meet some so intriguing to my tastes as Miss Belden (well, as she's portrayed here), that's pretty much the way I would react. Darn it. Shucks, and other comments.

I must say, though, that Dennis's expressed concerns make a great deal of sense to me, even with the lack of other information out there. Someone has carried out a vehicular assault, in a way quite likely to lead to the demise of one or both victims. By my lights, that's morally murder even if the courts don't always agree. Someone with the motive to carry out an attack like that has the motive to eliminate anyone who starts closing in on exposing them. Trixie is, as usual, up to her cute little nose in trouble and danger, even if she can't see the scope of it yet - or refuses to acknowledge it. *Sigh* Why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to like all the developments which are coming? Never mind, that question was rhetorical...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to like all the developments which are coming?

If I write it right...Twisted Evil

Galadrion wrote:
Never mind, that question was rhetorical...

Oh, then ignore my previous comment...Smile

Kinsfire

Rava

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRixie is indeed being true to form....

As for Dennis I have to agree with Honey, I dont know why but he really strikes me as 'wrong'. I have to wonder if it's in part because of Brian. He's being protective of Honey while Dennis seems to be distancing himself. If it where me I'd stay outside the room, but I wouldn't leave the hospital except to sleep. Trixie would have had to drag me away to help her.... Even then I dont think Trixie could if it were Josh in the hospital.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Speculation The Third Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
The biggest of the is: What did Evan and Dennis talk about? It could have had something to do with the accident, what would mean that Evan could be somehow involved in it.

On the other paw, it could just have been that they were just talking about the lastest spooge pics and Dennis would have been embaressed to talk about that in front of his friends.

*G* Well, those who know me will agree that the second item is a very distinct possibility. Laughing As to the first, I can think of at least one possibility. What is something I have, that few, if any, others on PF have, but that I have in common with "Lee Evans"?

The implications of this are decidedly interesting.

Thoughtfully,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Speculation The Third Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
What is something I have, that few, if any, others on PF have, but that I have in common with "Lee Evans"?

Hmmm, quite likely "you" helped him with some technical aspects of his fursuit.

Laughing Ok, after reading this, maybe I should go back to my writing and scare the Vogons a bit more. Twisted Evil

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing the speculation here! It's wonderful!

Rava - mind if I use something of that comment of yours if Dennis or Trixie end up talking with you during the con?

Kinsfire

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Speculation The Third Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
What is something I have, that few, if any, others on PF have, but that I have in common with "Lee Evans"?

Hmmm, quite likely "you" helped him with some technical aspects of his fursuit.

*Chuckle* No, there's something more specific than that, a professional aspect. If there is a connection, it could get *real* interesting.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: