Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox Bunny Funny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elhaam

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Fox Bunny Funny Reply with quote

I'm sorry, this isn't actually a webcomic. It's a graphic novel that costs money. However I think it's worth making an exception for this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Bunny-Funny-Andy-Hartzell/dp/189183097X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369106343&sr=8-1&keywords=fox+bunny+funny

Fox Bunny Funny takes place in a world where foxes live in comfortable, idyllic, Leave it To Beaver-like neighborhoods and rabbits are visciously eaten by foxes. The main character is a fox boy who's queasy about his society's machismo, "let's go out and kill things" attitude toward rabbits. One day while riding home on his bike he's carrying a bag he keeps hidden from everyone. His pals try to peek inside, but he gets really defensive and shoves them away, hurrying home. Once home he hides the bag from his parents till he can take it up to his room alone. His mom approaches his closed bedroom door and opens it to find him hopping around in a bunny costume. So his parents send him to a rehabilitation camp to condition him to be a good little predator like he's supposed to be.

My friend described this much of the plot to me, not even knowing what it was called, and I ran to google right away and after learning the title, bought a copy. It's a chilling story with really dark subject matter. It's clearly less of a fantasy taken at face value and more of an allegory, but as I read further I could see multiple possible allegories at work and I couldn't decide which it was supposed to be. At any rate I liked it a lot. A pre-owned copy can be had for $5 on Amazon, which I guarantee is worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: