Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elhaam

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Elhaam. I'm 23 years old.

The only involvement I've had in furry fandom was going to Further Confusion 2013 in San Jose. Interesting experience. I liked parts of it (went home with copies of Ozzie and Millie signed by Dana Simpson) and disliked other parts (during the con I attended a meeting about foxes that got a little freudian for my tastes. I like foxes a lot, I just don't think I like them that much lol. ^_^)

I don't recall exactly how I found my way to this forum. At any rate this looks like a community I'd like to try and be a part of. I hope I fit in well.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Welcome to the insanity, erm, I mean forum!

I've been to FC a few times and yes, there were a panel or two that I didn't let my tigress attend. That fox panel was one of them. Shocked

Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

Kel

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Elhaam. Welcome to PF.

There are so many different ideas about what it is to be a furry. But I think if you're willing to call yourself a furry, then you're a furry. Don't have to be a life-styler, or a fur suiter, or whatever. Just be yourself. Me, I'm a fan of anthropomorphic critters--movies, comics, books, whatever.

I watched Rango last night. One does not need powerful mind-altering substances when one has a movie like Rango. Recommended.

The story was okay--one told a million times before. But the character design and graphics were over the top. As was the scene where Rango (played by Johnny Depp) spats against the windshield of a convertible driven by Hunter Thompson (played by Johnny Depp in an earlier movie).

So we had a weird chameleon, a decapitated Barbie, a wind-up goldfish, Don Quixote played by an armadillo with a "flesh wound", and a mariachi band/Greek chorus played by burrowing owls. Then we run into this...

And my brain went #Crazy

I mean, what is that? A moment later it struck me that she was quite beautiful, and my heart went Razz (okay, that is a totally inadequate emoticon; dang nabbit, Tommy, where are the little hearts?)

Bean. A beautiful name for a beautiful freakadellic alien babe thing. Embarassed

Move over Pat Benatar, there's a new freakadellic alien babe thing in town, and I've given her your place in my heart.

< sighs > Love is a battlefield.

Speaking of foxes, they make great characters because vulpine society is so rich and complex, but in love? How did foxes get the rep of being so yiffy when they only have one mating season per year? I mean, most of the time it's gotta be like, "Hey, babe, got any mice?"

Still, they look pretty. Like Angelique here, from Rango.

But Angelique was a real "lady canid" and Bean didn't like her much.

You'll fit right in.

Scotty

Elhaam

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Rango a year or so ago. The plot was kinda 'been there done that' but the characters made me laugh. I liked the freaky steampunk style snake with a chaingun built into his tail.

I've been watching a lot of animated movies with critters in them. Saw Puss in Boots and Bolt for the first time.

Puss in Boots was great. Left me up to my eyeballs in action scenes and Shrek-ish humor. Puss and his female kitty cat companion were a couple of badasses.

Bolt disappointed me! It starts out with this over the top action sequence showing a little girl armed with high tech gadgets and her super-powered dog outsmarting an army of bad guys so she can save her dad from an evil scientist. So I thought it would turn out like The Incredibles or something. Then it turns out this whole scene is just a movie within a movie in which the dog is the star. The actual story is about this actor dog getting lost from the Hollywood studio where he works and going on a journey to find his way back home. It still turned out to be a cute movie but I feel like I'd have rather seen the movie within a movie where he's a superhero.

Quote:
How did foxes get the rep of being so yiffy when they only have one mating season per year?

I guess for the same reason Sonic the Hedgehog has only one eyeball with two pupils.
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you will fit right in.
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
Yeah, you will fit right in.

Oh i bet ^^... Where's the Maxx when you need him for sarcastic input Razz
Anyhow speaking of vulpine...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5t1cyxrxbyfy4q/Sheila_longboard.jpg

Last edited by Ryan Fox on Mon May 27, 2013 2:23 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, not visible.

So this is a pic of Sheila Fox with a longboard done by RyanFox1981 (you)? Errr, the whole facdn.net domain spews a 403 error: "forbidden".

Oh wait, no, wait. It suddenly started working. Very Happy

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
Bummer, not visible.

So this is a pic of Sheila Fox with a longboard done by RyanFox1981 (you)? Errr, the whole facdn.net domain spews a 403 error: "forbidden".

Oh wait, no, wait. It suddenly started working. Very Happy

^^ weird.. updated the link, should be fine Smile
Yes its me ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Elhaam

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the pic looks like a red "X" for me. Sad
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Well, Reply with quote

Yup, pic (or server that hosts said pic) is broken.

Displays a little Firefox 'broken image' icon.

Kel

Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Well, Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
Yup, pic (or server that hosts said pic) is broken.

Displays a little Firefox 'broken image' icon.

Kel

put a copy on dropbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: