Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter, part five

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tundrawolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Winter, part five Reply with quote

After Winter finished her meal, she felt much better. Her whole body felt more relaxed, and she felt strangely tired. “Dave...” Winter said, Dave just barely starting his meal. “Yeah?” Dave said, pausing to look at Winter. “Can I sleep here one more night? No. No, I mean... To rest. I'm not trying to... You know.” Winter said, looking down. “You can stay here as long as you want. But sooner or later you're gonna be on this couch and I'ma have my bed back. Capiche?” Dave said with a grin. Winter looked at Dave with those insanely expressive, exotic eyes. Set in her soft white face, it sort of made the hair on the back of Dave's neck stand up when she looked at him. There was something there- so much sorrow. So much pain in those eyes. And something else... Something Dave didn't want to acknowledge. Something that went straight to his heart and made it, sort of... itch, just a little.

“Yeah.” Winter said, looking down, her eyes betraying more pain than she wanted to. “Why are you so sad?” Dave said, taking another bite of his steak. “I'm not sad...” Winter said, just one inch away from telling Dave the truth about her, as she turned her head to look him in the eyes, trying to project some kind of confidence. She was sad. Sometimes... Deeply. But she couldn't tell him. Not now. Not ever. Winter looked down again, saddened by that.

“You are too... Tell me what's wrong with you, wolf girl... You can tell me... I have a lot of secrets I keep for people. It's why I am still alive.” Dave said with a grin. “I can keep any secret.” Dave said with a grin. “Not this one.” Winter said under her breath, looking down, her eyes now dull. “What?” Dave asked, leaning into her from the couch, where he sat.

“Nothing.” Winter said softly, looking at Dave again, her eyes pleading with him. “You got issues, wolf girl.” Dave said, shaking his head and taking another bite. Winter closed her eyes and gritted her teeth so tightly her eyelids began to flutter. Slowly, her lower jaw began to spasm as her breathing became sporadic.

“Hey... Hey!” Dave said, setting the dish down. Dave walked over to her and sat down next to her as the tears fell from her closed lupine eyes. “I'm sorry Dave... I'm so sorry...” Winter said as she turned her head away from Dave. Her muzzle finally opening, her body bent over as she began to finally let the sorrow out, after all these years. Something in her told her that if she did not feel Dave's arms around her, that she should stop crying- and much to her relief just then Dave did put his arms around her, and not only that, he held her close to himself, being careful not to touch her wound.

“Hey... Hey... It's okay, Winter, look, I didn't mean it- You're not a bitch...” Dave said as Winter shook her head. “It's not that...” She said through the spasms in her body as she reached deep in her soul, releasing some of the pain that had lived there since she was so young.

“Then what, sweetheart?” Dave said, running his hand gently up and down her arm. Winter felt it and turned to look at Dave, a smile on her face. The way she looked at him, Dave looked down and closed his eyes. “I'm sorry... I just... I never seen one of you cry before... I thought I could comfort you. I mean...” Dave shook his head, his eyes closed.

Winter stuck about two inches of tongue out from her muzzle and slowly pressed it against Dave's cheek, her lower lip pressing her tongue against his face. “Watcha doi'n, huh?” Dave said, recoiling, Winter sucking her tongue back in. Winter smiled. “That is the traditional Naakaanee show of affection.” Winter said, looking into his blue eyes with her clear yellow eyes. “Your eyes are like... Glowing...” Dave said. “They glow when we fight, and we are feeling strong emotion.” Winter said. “Yeah. I heard that once.” Dave said. “So what strong emotion are you feeling right now?” Dave asked, then suddenly shot up from the bed as Winter flinched.

Dave closed his eyes and shook his head, holding a hand out to winter, palm side out. “No, no, I'm sorry, Winter. What would your friends think? I mean... If you came home with my scent on you, and...” Dave said as he felt Winters hand touch his own, her fingers slowly moving through his own as she folded her fingers around his hand. “I don't have any friends.” Winter said.

Dave closed his eyes and sighed, a tear falling from his eye. “I can't... I just can't... Please...” Dave said, pleading with her- but also not pulling away from her, either.

“Bullshit... A girl like you... I even think you're hot...” Dave said, looking at Winter, Winter looking away... Not because of what he said, but because he could never know. Never know the truth... never know why she was a U.S. Citizen. Never know her brutal, punishing childhood. He could never know about her parents basically giving her to her government. About her true purpose in the United States. And without all of this information- how could he ever truly care for her?

“Whatever it is you're hiding... I don't care...” Dave began to say when Winter cut him off, so quickly, so coldly, a chill went through Dave's body when she said it. “You will.” Winter said, not saying he would. Why not might? But that he will The way she said it, and the speed with which she said it, her face turning so quickly to look at Dave, her hands still locked with his.

Winter pulled Dave down, and brought him down to the bed. Dave looked at her, vulnerable, and afraid. Winter smiled, a part of her dying there, knowing it could never be. Here was a kind hearted human- probably the kindest she had ever met, and he could not get past who she was. If anything... She could respect that. And she did. Enough not to force herself on him, even if she could smell his desire for her, smelling it like a hungry wolf smells a fresh kill. Winter knew he would regret it, later, if she... And she did not want him to feel that way because of her.

Winter... Loved him too much. Winter brought up a hand and held it an inch from Dave's face. “I can feel the heat... Man you got a flu, or what?” Dave asked, though he did not move his head. “My fur keeps my body heat a little higher than yours.” “Makes sense.” Dave said, still staring blankly at the ground.

Slowly, Winter touched Dave's face, running her buttery smooth hand down his cheek as Dave closed his eyes, his mouth open a little, Dave sighing as the hair stood up on the back of his neck. “Dave, I know how you feel. I can't tell you... Some things... But...” Winter said, looking away, feeling so guilty, feeling so foolish, her emotions almost out of control. But she felt... She felt so at peace around this man. Something in her soul relaxed when she was next to him, something that had never allowed itself to relax before.

“But?” Dave said, his voice permanently growling. “Nothing.” Winter said. “I should go.” Winter said, looking at Dave with her exotic yellow eyes. “Don't. Look, maybe we can't... You know... But will you watch a movie with me? At least take some more opioids before you go.” Dave said with a smile.

“Huh! You'd like that!” Winter said sarcastically, then immediately regretted it. “Sorry.” She said softly, tracing a random pattern with her blunt, pink claw in the sheet as she looked down. Winter felt Dave's hand touch her muzzle, and she flinched, her muzzle open slightly as she looked into Dave's eyes, her once powerful body now putty in his hands.

Dave did not push her back to the bed, or put his hands where she desperately wanted him to, he leaned in to her and kissed her muzzle, with his lips, lightly, with just the softest smacking noise as he withdrew from her. “So you think I'm hot, huh?” Winter said with a mischievous grin, the blushing causing some of the fur on her cheeks to bunch up. “I just said that so you'd feel better.” Dave said, looking away.

Winter smiled. She knew the truth. She could smell it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Winter All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: