Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nachter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Latrans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you're trying to say is that you're worried Ms. Aslaug might stray from Magic A is Magic A. If you're not one for TV Tropes, the short version is "it doesn't matter how the world works, as long as it works that way consistently".

From what I've seen so far, I don't think you have much to worry about. Cool

For the story itself, this latest chapter raises so many more question than it answers so I'm glad we're going to be getting some reveals in the next one. Even just some little ones to sate my curiosity, but at this point I need something. If I were in Vish's place I'd be on the verge of throttling someone until I got some answers. Laughing
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh-Kay, it's getting interesting (or should that be more-so). Originally I hought that the ship was just pulling 'Groundhog Day' as everything would be fresh the next morning (most still in its original wrapping), but we'll see...
bastion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 7 is up...

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bastion Smile any chance of getting you to post the drawing in the gallery as well, so people can see it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone likes having their questions answered, but when one doesn't understand the answer(s), what is the next question?
Latrans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow managed to miss when Ch 6 updated so I had some extra reading to do. Mmm... good stuff...

Definitely looking forward to Ch 8 going up. I do hope Heinrich pulls himself together.
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Thursday of the month, that means a new chapter is posted!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New chapter, new answers...

Quote:
'history in the making'? 'footnote in history'?

How bout, 'Gonna feel that in the morning'...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the standard matter of Faith is - Faith, believe it or not...
bastion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much belated, here's chapter 10 of Nachter.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Back in the classroom...

Quote:
'There are [few] old pilots and [few] bold pilots but few[er] old, bold pilots'

Teaching old dogs new tricks is fun only if the 'dogs' in question want to learn...
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out how the "see through" flesh really works. The "one-way" is really something I can't wrap my mind around.

You said that you wouldn't see out of the stomach if you swallowed a camera. If so, WHAT would you see? The flesh like it was before? Just darkness? (In the last case, what if the camera had a light?)

What would you see if you swallowed a mirror?

A more disturbing scenario: If you cut off somebody's eyelids and held them in front of his eyes outside in, what then. Would you see the eye, would the person be able to see out?

One thing that seems weird is that the war-fighting technology seems to be stagnating completely. Ever since the time of the US Civil War the outcome of any major (lasting more that a few years / not mainly a guerillia) war was mainly decided by who could improve their weapons faster than the other side.
After 200 years (and many years of actual fighting) the technology on board the Götterdämmerung should be hopelessly out of date.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless, that only applies when there is an active R&D. With the Terran gov shown as a bureaucracy, change is not allowed so I don't think there is an active R&D (and what's labeled R&D is merely the remaining shell [bureaucrats hate (massive) change that an active R&D may' provide].

The diff between the Gott and current tech is a matter of refinements rather than improvements or upgrades...[unless the rebels actually have a breakthrough]
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point about the technological stagnation is that few other things could show better just how much the Terran government is letting down their subjects. And this should be obvious to ANY student of (military) history, unless their history was lost/censored to the point that the people believe that World War 2 was fought with muzzle loading rifles.
dsquare1111

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
My point about the technological stagnation.

We all know and live with technology, most we don't give a second thought, but for a select group that look at something and figure there has to be a better way to do something (like:Da vinci, Jules Verne & Gene Roddenberry).

{I would dare to say "Aslaug" has made the foray into this realm and I an enjoying the journey.} Sorry side note.

So, in the fictional world where a experimental craft was launched into the unknown, I would hazard to guess it was crewed with some the best and the brightest mind the civilization had to offer at the time. So with vast resources and hundreds of years for R&D I sure there technology if not surpassed those in normal space/time, if not kept passe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: