Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My absence..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: My absence.. Reply with quote

A few of you might not notice that I have disappeared and few of you do not know me because you're new.

I just want to say something and please move this to the right thread if it is in the wrong place.

First of all; please send my mother thoughts / prayers because on May 25th, a F2 decided to come down and ripped half of the south town apart, and during it's path, my mother's house was involved.

The house is gone.

my teenagerhood house is gone.

I've been sorting out the mess with my mom and I've gotten sick twice (before and after the destruction... typically when I am sick I don't feel like getting online.

Second of all... I don't feel like I belong in the furry community anymore. I try to meet a furry and do things or talk about things but I feel like I am not suppose to be anyone's friend. I've been told this or that by non furry and some furry people and I don't know where to turn to. I hate to talk to certain people about my problems (you know who you are) I apologize for being the person who can't have a fun conversation lately. -__-

I feel like I have NO support in any area of my life. My art, my blog, my comic, my stories, my interests, who i am, and many more.

During the conference I attended the first weekend of June for a deaf association, I listened to the speaker as he had two volunteers standing by him. He pulled out a box of pencils, gave one to the lady and the rest to the guy. He said to the lady "break it" the pencil snapped. he tells the guy to break his and he couldn't break the handful of pencils. The speaker then said "You see... if you can't break, that is because you have strong community behind you, giving you all the support and the attention you richly deserve as they get theirs too"

I sat there frowning, fighting back tears and said to myself "I'm the person with one pencil that broke"

(sighs) This post is not for attention, this is where I am considering leaving the furry community and just have my furry self as a hidden closet kind of thing.. more of a loner. Take care everyone.

------------------------
Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One must go where one must go. That said...

Furs are people like anyone else, and subject to all the usual human flaws and weaknesses. Me, I don't think much of anyone who deems it my job to entertain them when we're conversing. Fun times are good and fun times are important, but they're not the largest part of life. As one ages, in fact, they grow less and less frequent. Friendships are about give and take, not "entertain me". Those with the mistaken impression that they're about entertainment are headed for long, unpleasant and possibly even tragic lives. It's such a huge miscalculation that I'm staggered at how common it seems to be.
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wondering what you were up to Jaymee. Sorry to hear about your mother and your childhood home. Is she alright? If you ever need someone to chat with I'm always open.

As for this community i can honestly say it's not the way it used to be. Quite a few people have been run off of this site from what i hear, though I've no real info on the details. This forums always so quiet to and that unsettles me. From the looks of it, it sounds like a couple of users are getting free reign in the background.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were a great help to me during my time of need Jaymee, and although I don't talk much, I am here looking for the right place and the right time. I would gladly listen to you if you want to talk about your problems. And furry or not, I still consider you friend, despite what little I know about you. Do not hesitate to message me outside of PF, or even to text me if you need someone to talk to. (And don't be deterred by a delayed response, I'm often at work and I will get back to you.)

I leave you with the following, to help you to determine your actions.

The universe is a lonely place. Some go their whole lives without connecting with another person. Making enemies is easy; making friends is difficult. Finding people to share your life with? Well, that's the challenge in life, isn't it? We needn't go through life by ourselves. Times may be rough, and there will be fights, and we will lose contact, but in the end it's worth it; Together we can make the universe a little less lonely.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Syrius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be strong.
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit; At first I wasn't sure if your remark about me seeking people for entertainment was a cruel thing to say or not. Originally my first reaction was "No I do not do that" But I sat and thought for a while.... Spoke with a friend asking her "Do I seek for entertainment rather than friendship?"

She said hell no but sometimes we ALL do that especially me for being a new mom, I will not get much company or people willing to talk to me because of that so I'd end up seeking for adult entertainment ( I don't mean sex and stuff like that) for the next 15 - 18 years or more.

For everyone to read this : I have always felt like I am stuck in the past. I feel like I'm still in the 1990's I haven't left the 1990's in my head. Here's the visual of it so you will understand

Scene 1 : I am laying on the long couch with the warm yellow lamp casting the long rectangle family room downstairs of that house, with a blanket half covering me. I am watching Star Trek the next generation as I am petting our brand new 4 month old puppy - a maltese name Sassy. She is on my chest asleep, her soft fur carassing through my fingers. There is no hate in the world, I do not feel alone, depressed, or feeling whinny. There was no internet. I am not in a hurry to have a date or a boyfriend. I am not even upset for not having one on a Saturday night. I am enjoying the evening downstairs. My shelves are full of books that I read which are Sweet Valley High by Francise Pascal. (( By the way.... those books are gone from the tornado )) R.L. Stine's books, and Archie Comics (I have all of those comics, they are in storage just fine. )

My point is... I knew less, had no internet to entertain me, and cell phones did not exist in my world because they are sooooo expensive, no texting service and big thick fat ass phones (laughs) My friend pointed out to me that today I have more knowledge than ever because internet helped me. So that's 50/50 in good/bad way of having and not having internet Smile

That scene replays a lot in my head. IT's like one of my happy moment of my life that I put myself in and enjoy it. Fast forward... Sassy lived to age 17 and passed away 2 years ago, a month ago when the house got destructed, that couch has been tossed to the dump, All the books except Archie Comics that I collect which I have over 250 is saved. the coffee table is fine. The chair is tossed. I have the loveseat in my apartment which I was using for 3 years and now I have to sell it because I don't have the long couch anymore. I still have the lamps with the exact same shades. I take real good care of stuff fyi Smile

I honestly do not know what I want anymore in some sense of my life. I am on a journey since last August after one so-call friend (not a furry) did something nasty toward me and I cut her out of my life a few months later after there were no improvements. But her words really sting and got me curious about who I really am. I find that I am an Introvert.. I really am one in real life. Online I'm an extrovert but it depends on where I am at.

So I tend to push everything out of my life .... in a sense I might be trying to declutter my mind and see where I should go from there.

Since my other phone died at the same day the house died (weird) I got a new phone 2 weeks later and it's android Very Happy I got to play and evenually got to join geocaching. I've been geocaching for nearly 2 weeks now and I love it. I am trying to find a new hobby that can keep me busy and involves no one so I won't feel disappointed if I am not "entertained"

To answer someone's comment elsewhere : I am a furry in my soul but I am not a furry costume wear other than a tail and ears that I would love to wear Very Happy I've been a furry wayyyy before the internet started but I had no name to call what I felt like I was til I found furry in Tripod chat room *one of the acient chat rooms that closed down long time ago* Remember Geocities? Very Happy Geocities is what helped me ping my interest in becoming a website designer and I have college degree in that.

See! I'm rambling.

I'll stop here and let you all read. Bear with me.

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
I have been wondering what you were up to Jaymee. Sorry to hear about your mother and your childhood home. Is she alright? If you ever need someone to chat with I'm always open.

As for this community i can honestly say it's not the way it used to be. Quite a few people have been run off of this site from what i hear, though I've no real info on the details. This forums always so quiet to and that unsettles me. From the looks of it, it sounds like a couple of users are getting free reign in the background.

Yes I know.

Scene II: I am laughing at Jedi F, Elfen, Maxx, and everyone in that radio chat as they dance/ say silly things. I internet-dance a lot with JediF

That is all gone. the people scattered. I tried to stay positive and carry on good conversations with everyone til one by one disappeared toward Secondlife and evenually lost friendship with some. the friendship had ran it's course.

Yet I feel weird being in PF when I know I can't talk to one or two of the furries anymore because things changed.. not the same.. I thought I'll disappear for years and maybe it'll be all forgotten (I have an excellent memory depends on what I wanted to remember lol) but everyone has basically changed/ disappeared/ is no longer interested in talking to me. So I became a lurker til now I decided to share my thoughts about the furry community vs me. Sad

Thank you for wondering what I am up to.

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickles wrote:
You were a great help to me during my time of need Jaymee, and although I don't talk much, I am here looking for the right place and the right time. I would gladly listen to you if you want to talk about your problems. And furry or not, I still consider you friend, despite what little I know about you. Do not hesitate to message me outside of PF, or even to text me if you need someone to talk to. (And don't be deterred by a delayed response, I'm often at work and I will get back to you.)

I leave you with the following, to help you to determine your actions.

The universe is a lonely place. Some go their whole lives without connecting with another person. Making enemies is easy; making friends is difficult. Finding people to share your life with? Well, that's the challenge in life, isn't it? We needn't go through life by ourselves. Times may be rough, and there will be fights, and we will lose contact, but in the end it's worth it; Together we can make the universe a little less lonely.

You're very most welcome. I try to help people and yes people have abused my kindness, walked all over me, and tossed me to the side. I would cry, bite my tongue in frustration, avoid helping until I feel a bit better then I help some more. I'm a loyal living being.

I lost another friend sometimes last year because he said he wants to keep in touch I said sure... 4 months later I asked "Why aren't you talking to me? did I do something wrong? I am kind of tired of talking to a wall" He said to me "I meant to say that we keep in touch once a year" I said ahhh! no thanks.

Stupid.

I rather keep in touch on once a week/ 2 week basis if possible. Otherwise the friendship in my book dissolve because of no communication and I am like "Okay it wasn't meant to be so closing the chapter" I don't believe in being pushy like hi hi hi hi how are you all the time and feel like I am overwelcoming my stay. I believe in 50/50 friendship all the way ! That is why my husband and I have a great relationship/friendship since 1996 People around us would ask us "How is your marriage going?" It's like they are hoping that we have problems and stuff to make themselves feel better? I want to ask them this "Why ?? you wish us to have miserable life? " I really need to stop assuming (laughs)

I am not lonely but I feel alone/lonely often more in the support area. I am a polymath artist, writer, and so on but no one cares. I gave up on posting online for them but continue do it for myself so I won't hate art that way.

Hope you are doing good by the way Smile

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius wrote:
Be strong.

"flexes her muscles" I will! Smile

just kidding. Thank you for your response and I will try my best. You stay strong too. Smile

------------------------
Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
Rabbit; At first I wasn't sure if your remark about me seeking people for entertainment was a cruel thing to say or not. Originally my first reaction was "No I do not do that" But I sat and thought for a while.... Spoke with a friend asking her "Do I seek for entertainment rather than friendship?"

We're apparently not communicating clearly-- I was _not_ saying that you seek to use others for entertainment. Having read this:

"Second of all... I don't feel like I belong in the furry community anymore. I try to meet a furry and do things or talk about things but I feel like I am not suppose to be anyone's friend. I've been told this or that by non furry and some furry people and I don't know where to turn to. I hate to talk to certain people about my problems (you know who you are) I apologize for being the person who can't have a fun conversation lately. -__-"

I got the impression that others were treating _you_ that way. I'm sorry that we failed to be clear to each other, and am even sorrier if I inadvertently caused you further pain. Such was _not_ my intention. In fact, I was trying to sympathize.
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the other furry which I do not mention names out of respect for them Very Happy was a very helpful furry last year and I feel like all I do is talk about negative stuff and I was just being sorry that I am not talking about fun and positive stuff. I know how people hate to hear negative stuff or bad stuff so I try to be happy and sprinkle cheer around.

My problem is how people do not talk to me when I give my 50% of the friendship and I tend to be the conversation starter then I get "Ah, Oh. I see. Ahhh hmmm mmmm" one word conversation from several people (not that furry I was mentioning) and this happen to be in the furry community. I try not to filter people out for that but if I get that too often then I have to stop talking and go somewhere else. I did not try to maintain conversations and stuff then I tried to then it ends up me being the annoying person and I get casted off.

Hope I am making sense Rabbit? You did not inflict any pain upon me I was a bit confoxed and thought I could share some thoughts of mine. I guess my mind gets me in trouble as usual. :/

I am okay Rabbit Very Happy *hugs* REALLY I am not the kind of person who gets depressed I just have a lot of thoughts and stuff on my mind. I also just am feeling like disconnected from Planetfurry and the furry community so I wanted to share about it on here. Trying to see different angles and seeking resolutions to solve this myself.

------------------------
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
I rather keep in touch on once a week.

Well, I'm here on PF at the very least once a week (My day off, if no other days.) So feel free to leave me a message or something and I will respond as soon as I get it.

Jaymee Fox wrote:
Continue to do it for myself.

Honestly, if you do something that you enjoy, but you only do it for others, you'll lose a lot of the enjoyment you got out of doing it in the first place.

There's nothing selfish about doing what you love simply because you love to do it.
(Unless you happen to enjoy slaughtering innocent bystanders as you rob fort knox with an army of mole people [story idea for you])

Jaymee Fox wrote:

I am! I actually have another pup/cub on the way. I'm also married and working a job I really enjoy and working on some more designs for inventions (one of my passions). I actually wound up with someone other than Ciara's mom, but luckily for me we still get along well and there's no drama from that end.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickles wrote:
Jaymee Fox wrote:

Well, I'm here on PF at the very least once a week (My day off, if no other days.) So feel free to leave me a message or something and I will respond as soon as I get it.

Jaymee Fox wrote:

Honestly, if you do something that you enjoy, but you only do it for others, you'll lose a lot of the enjoyment you got out of doing it in the first place.

There's nothing selfish about doing what you love simply because you love to do it.
(Unless you happen to enjoy slaughtering innocent bystanders as you rob fort knox with an army of mole people [story idea for you])

Jaymee Fox wrote:

I am! I actually have another pup/cub on the way. I'm also married and working a job I really enjoy and working on some more designs for inventions (one of my passions). I actually wound up with someone other than Ciara's mom, but luckily for me we still get along well and there's no drama from that end.

Wow congrats!!! first pup? second pup? I should talk about something in my Jaymee Fox thread about something. I wonder if I am close to you so I can do photography for you!! Very Happy

I have so many inventions too!! I don't know where I can go that I can trust and get the money that is worth it to invent things. What are you gonna do with your inventions.... any luck getting anything done?

I got a bit lost on the last sentence.. clarify that please?

------------------------
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Jaymee Fox wrote:

Jaymee Fox wrote:

Jaymee Fox wrote:

Wow congrats!!! first pup? second pup? I should talk about something in my Jaymee Fox thread about something. I wonder if I am close to you so I can do photography for you!! Very Happy

I have so many inventions too!! I don't know where I can go that I can trust and get the money that is worth it to invent things. What are you gonna do with your inventions.... any luck getting anything done?

I got a bit lost on the last sentence.. clarify that please?

Second pup. Ciara is my daughter's name. Her mother and I are no longer together, but we are civil. It's good for Ciara.
My wife is also very good about the situation and glad that Ciara's mother is still in her life.

I haven't done anything with my inventions except for design them so far. But I almost have enough money saved to build a cheap prototype. Once you have a working prototype, you'll want to find a patent attorney. (research your invention first, to avoid spending time on something that's already patented)

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*holds out a pencil* You can have one of mine. Then at least you'll have one that isn't broken anymore.

And what I mean by that is that you have support. Here, around you, in many places. But that does not destract from the tragedy you and your family are experiencing.

Losing one's home ... I can't even begin to imagine how awful that must be. I admire that you have the strength to even talk about this, and I hope you will continue to share your thoughts here, so that everyone may try to offer a word of support now and then ... however little that might count for, in the grand scheme of things.

Hang in there, alright? You're tougher than you think. You've struck me as someone both strong and good since coming to this board, and I'm that while all this is downright awful, you will eventually be able to move on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: