Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burnout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

I will endeavour to keep you entertained, that much is for certain. And there is at least some left of Test of Time Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith that T4 will eventually be done as well as Test of Time, the when is open to question though...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test of Time HAS been completed. The rest just hasn't been posted yet. It will be, don't worry. In the case of T4, the problem is that every time I so much as look at that story, I feel tired and like writing has become a chore and a duty rather than something I do for fun. So in the case of that story, the answer to "when" may very well be "in a very long time, if ever".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the suthor, yes, for the readers, no....

Hmmm, the filly is certainly off, not even a reference to the classic 'twelfth of never'... Wink
Obviously Biocobra isn't enough and EXan hasn't shown up to help... Rolling Eyes [exercise the filly]
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Obviously Biocobra isn't enough and EXan hasn't shown up to help... Rolling Eyes [exercise the filly]
Right... well, moving on.

I should say that I do still have a couple of ALN/ALS stories in the works. I'm hoping to get the next one finished soon, now my exams are over, and it will be set after Test of Time, so it will be a while before it is publishable. I will probably ask to continue to use this forum to post it and any others on, as I've not any experience at running one. That, of course, is for the filly herself to consent to, so we'll see.

It does feel lonely now, though. The filly and old warhorse have both moved on, so that just leaves the cobra all by me onesies, savvy? I'll probably go up to a point and then stop. Not because I'll burn out, but because I don't want to lead the series in a direction that won't work. The filly is much better at moderating her own stories than I am at mine.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
EXan

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exercise the filly?!?! Very Happy

Don't worry lady after all the stories you've given us, I can understand perfectly if you want to take a break.
Though still hoping that T4 will be completed.
And as a fellow writer I know that you can stare at the screen all you want but if the muses aren't singing...

But back to the important bit.
-puts on track shoes and a t-shirt with a bullseye on the back-
-Walk on a open field and puts Yakety Sax on the mp3 player-
Alright let's get going...

PONY!!!! PONY PONY PONY!!!!!

-Rolls out a banner and paints PONY on it and holds it above his head-

Alrighty I'm ready ^^

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHH!!! *foams about mouth, pulls out assorted sharp objects and promptly launches herself after Exan*

NOT ... A ... DAMNED ... PONY!!!!!!!!!!! (<- that many exclamations marks, according to Terry Pratchett, is the mark of a truly unhinged mind)

C'MERE YOU! I'll STOMP ON YA!
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, EXan! I've indulged in that game. Let's give her two targets and try and confuse her... Twisted Evil

*ahem*

Ponyyyy...

"AHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHA! AAHAHAHA! BEWARE!!!!!"

From 'Maskerade'.

Bad luck on you, filly. I have a whole book on the Wit and Wisdom of Discworld, so I can quote pretty much any quip from whichever book you source. Muahahahahaaaa!

*Puts underpants on head and runs around at the opposite end of the open field from EXan*

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry

Last edited by The BioCobra on Thu May 26, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchs as Aslaug chases after EXan.

I take it that the filly has a thing about being called a pony...?

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Good Grief! Reply with quote

Well, until BioCobra put his unmentionables on his noggin and began to assist EXan in this demented game, I was going to point out that I haven't given up on "Redemption", I'm merely taking a break.

I'll still be here, commenting from time to time and I will most likely proof this new story that the filly is working on.

And I will say that the story that she was working on, " ******** ", seemed like a very good story line. Well, that part that I did read. Chapter 10 contained some very inspired writing. Just my observation, you know.

*sits down in a folding chair, opening a bag of chips to munch while I watch the game unfold*

Mr. Green

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*briefly takes a break from insanity and removes underpants from head*

Well, that's good to hear, Kellan. Even if you need a long break, it's nice to know I'm not completely alone in the ALN/ALS setting for now.

And let the madness recommence.

*replaces underpants on head and continues running*

PONY!

Muahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY! That's it! If this is the way it's going to be, I'm going to bring out the artillery, or the proverbial variety thereof. I have just seen my second book published, on the firedapartment in the town I used to work in, and their history, so just one moment ...

*picks up phone* *speaks into it in a hushed voice* *nods occasionally, while evil grin spreads on face*

*waits a few moments, until a big, bright red fire-engine comes driving in*

HAH! TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND FORTY GALLONS OF WATER AT 145 PSI WORTH OF PRESSURE! PHEAR THE FILLY!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

*begins hosing down everyone using the P-word, calling for more water when necessary*
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH...I see, EXan was taking a break....

Whoa, filly on a fire pumper!!! Is that 'ACME' I see on it's side??

Didn't see that coming....oh and Kellan, you may want to use an ATV, being mobile can be better than - well - being a sitting taget...
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Dodges high-pressure water jet*

I feel like EXan has temporarily abandoned me. I must be filling his position for now as 'Prime Filly Target'. It seems I must make my own enormous mark on this ever-present conflict.

So, we're calling in reinforcements, are we? Well, two can play at that game, my dear!

*Runs, pulls out mobile, and garbles something into it.

*Waits... while running*

BUDMOUTH... UNITE!

Sixteen-hundred British school teenagers of varying age and demeanour, all ready for a good water fight! Let's see one filly and her fire department lackeys take on an army of pimply, academic, wretched-uniformed college minions. Twisted Evil

Budmouth! What is your battle cry this day?

*Response from adolescent horde*: Pony! pony pony pony pony...

CHEEEAAAAAAARRRRGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

*Vaults forward with army to meet glorious, if soaking, destiny.*

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Staying dry Reply with quote

Oh No!!!!

*puts on open ocean sailing drysuit*

Well, the chips got wet but what the hey, this is shaping up to be a good water fight. Oh, I see someone hooked the filly's pumper up to a hydrant.

Hmm, water fight in a thread titled burn out? Odd . . .

Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: