Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostwolf wrote:
Ahh, you're going for the Hoard Army style....

Yes. I find those monstrous creature armies rather... un-tyranid.

Ghostwolf wrote:
I think my IG could deal with that...maybe....possibly...on a really rather good day...eek!

It should be able too. The IG is one of the few armies that can actually outnumber the Tyranids. And after all, at the same point cost every army should be able to deal with every army.

Ghostwolf wrote:
Personally, I'm going to do the Big Stompy Army. As many Carnifexes as I can squeeze in. So far, my tentative 2k list has 6 of them, on of them tanking in at 260 points. And there isn't a single ranged weapon in the entire list. This is a major jump for somebody who normally runs Marines and IG with as many guns as I can get my hands on. Very Happy

My first Carnifex, which I call One-Eye, in memory if the 3rd edition special carinfex, is going to be a close combat monster as well. Maxed out at 280 points it gets up to 10 attacks in when it charges Smile

The next one, which I will buy as soon as we can get the Fexes seperately over here, will be a ranged infantery killer with 2 twin linked devourers. 8 shots that can re-roll to hit and to wound Very Happy That one will cost 113 points (I think) and thus can be an elite carnifex in bigger armies.

*sighs* so much to paint and so little time...

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lord, you painted those well. I'm duly impressed. Oh, my 500-odd points of Tau send their regards.
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jbird, I do my best. Right now I'm trying to get my two Carnifexes done. Won't have them ready for the big tank battle on Saturday though Sad
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/trygon.htm

I think I had a small orgasm when I saw this the first time Very Happy

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently been working on some conversions. Among these is a Lizardmen carnosaurus I mean to turn into a riding beast for the commander of an all cavalry Imperial Guard army. For that I wanted it to have a more sci-fi-ish look and taking an idea I got from the Warhammer forums I outfitted it with some bionics. Have a look yourself.

NOTE: I deleted the attachments because they made the posts a horror to read. If someone wants to see them anyway, send me a message.

Last edited by Tygon on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^0o^

Oookay, Tygon, you warned me you were making this conversion, but I didn't think you would go quite that far into it. I knew you were doing the leg and the front 'talon,' but the tail mod looks really good. Mind you, *I* would not want to ride that thing. I would sooner fly to MARS than ride that thing! One of my ratachans might consider it, however. It's a pity I can't find you more cat-people minis that could be converted. A cat-person IG army would be cool, but then why would they be riding the lizards? I lizardman IG army might be a good idea, tho. Saurus with lasguns... hmm...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, thanks, Pflarr. I already have someone to ride him BTW. Or rather, I already know who will Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no post...

Well, I have something good for you. Some of you might know that GW is having a new 40K summer campaign: "Medusa V - This summer a world dies!"

Yesterday they had the first pre-battle, of which they will make one every month until the start of the actual campaign in may or june, can't remember.

Anyway, this was finally a good reason for me to increase my Tyranid army and after some marathon painting I had them from about 800 to 2000 points. With the two other Tyranid players that showed up we had 6000 points of pointy teeth on the table Very Happy

The battle was set on 5 gaming tables in a row, with a desperate alliance of Imperial forces, orks, Tau and Necrons trapped between a massive Chaos army and a numberless horde of Tyranids.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home but a friend took some with his cell phone. They aren't great but good enough so, here you go!

6000 points of Tyranidic goodness Smile

3 Tyrants, 5 Carnifexes, 2 Broodlords, 15 Warriors, 10 Raveners, 6 Lictors, many Genestealers and lots and lots of Gaunt!

Mine are the red ones with the black carapace. I donated 2 Tyrants (one winged, one on foot with two guards), one Lictor, 12 Genestalers, 32 Hormagaunts, 32 Spinegaunts, 6 Raveners, 1 Zoantroph and 1 Carnifex to the glory of the Hive Mind.

We had a brood tunnel through which our troop choices could re-join the battle. Here are three of my fellow player's genestealer units which came back (and got to assault a Space Marine assault squad which thought it funny to jump into our rear in the next round)

There is nothing that can stop the implacable assault of the Tyranids! Granted, the terrain got in the way and those minefields that the Spacewolf's whirlwind kept shooting into our way were a nuisance, but they could not stop us.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the battlefield, the Chaos was making a nice advance, even though most of their artillery got destroyed early in the game.

In the back you can see a really cool Defiler conversion.

The Orks and the Tau took the brunt of the Chaos attack while the Imperials faces us Tyranids on the other side of the battlefield. I'm not sure what the Necrons did but they did something too.

Eventually the good part of the game started for us too and we got into close combat. I can't remember what got destroyed but I know a few daemonhosts had to bite it. A squad of space Marine scouts too.

A nice view over the length of the battlefield, shortly before the game ended due to a lack of time. It was a nice game with many funny things happening. My personal hero for this battle was my Hive Tyrant on foot, which shot not only a Land Speeder but also a massive Land Raider Crusader down with his venom cannon.

Most of my force did not get to enter the battle because they had the longest way to run but I did get to do my share of kills and my new Winged Tyrant tasted its first blood Very Happy

We will have another big battle on the 8th of April. Tyranids versus Necrons. By then I hope to have 3000 points done, including some new, big, mean things from Forgeworld Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: