Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostwolf wrote:
Fairly nifty little table. Good lighting, but it could use a bit of storage, cause you're gonna wind up with a lot of 'nids....

Ghostwolf out...

You're of course right. In fact, I've already set my sight in a few nice shelves I can puton the wall. That should give me enough Tyranid Storage Space Smile

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Ghostwolf wrote:
Fairly nifty little table. Good lighting, but it could use a bit of storage, cause you're gonna wind up with a lot of 'nids....

Ghostwolf out...

You're of course right. In fact, I've already set my sight in a few nice shelves I can puton the wall. That should give me enough Tyranid Storage Space Smile

That works. I have three methods of storage. The first are a couple of "boxes" hung on the wall with shelves in them - my 'display cabinets,' if you can call them that.

The second is the 'big toolbox full of miniatures' method. Basically a big toolbox with lots of little compartments into which the miniatures have been sorted.

The third?

My painting/modeling table's top. I always wind up with a pile of half-finished miniatures on it. That's why I use a large table for my hobbyworking. Wink
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefer hard cases for storage myself. But then, when you have some 8,000pts worth of Space Marines (most of it foot sloggers as well), you tend to need a lot of storage...

Ghostwolf out....

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Day Twelwe Reply with quote

Day 12

[author's note: I wanted to post this yesterday but PF was down so...]

Yesterday I got myself the Codex Space Marines. I know, I don't plan to play then but I got it anyway for several reasons. One of them is that 'know your enemy' stuff. Another is that I was a little bored and I learned that these codexes are usually a kinda interesting read.

The other, probably main reason, is that since a buddy of mine will play the few Space Marines I have and I hope with the codex I can water his mouth so that he will start bying more of them Twisted Evil

On a side note, today I finally assembled the two Battlemechs Pflarrian got for me last year. Now that I have my worktable I finally couldn't push it off anymore Wink

Here is a pic of the Wraith left and a Vixen (yes, that Mech is really called Vixen Smile) on the right.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Day Thirteen Reply with quote

Day 13

Whoever said that 13 is an unlucky number was an idiot (my apologies for those who really think so. I need a good starting line Smile).

I was up kinda long last night (or should I say this morning??) and so I of course wasn't easy to get up. When my bro came into my room around noon he ask if I was still sleeping. I asked back for the time. He told me and I told him that in this case I was still sleeping.

An hour later, around 1 PM, he again came into my room, saying rather loudly "I'll put your two parcels on the floor."

I replied "Huh?!?"

"Parcels. Two of them. Big ones."

I tell you, I was WIIIIIIIIDE awake Wink

I can't tell you what was in the first. It's a secret for now (Thanks a lot, Pflarr!!!!).

But the second DID CONTAIN MY TYRANIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! Glee!!! Joy!!! Happiness!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And now excuse me. I got an army to assemble!

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Very Happy

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Day Thirteen Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

An hour later, around 1 PM, he again came into my room, saying rather loudly "I'll put your two parcels on the floor."

I replied "Huh?!?"

"Parcels. Two of them. Big ones."

I tell you, I was WIIIIIIIIDE awake Wink

I can't tell you what was in the first. It's a secret for now (Thanks a lot, Pflarr!!!!).

But the second DID CONTAIN MY TYRANIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! Glee!!! Joy!!! Happiness!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And now excuse me. I got an army to assemble!

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Very Happy

Whoa...

You mean to tell me that the package I sent you last week has arrived already? Talk about fast service! I paid for that to go 'slow boat,' so to speak due to the costs involved. I certainly didn't expect it to arrive quite so quickly! #Shocked

Nothing I order for myself ever arrives that quickly...

Time for the Tyranid horde to emerge from it's hive! Beware the bugs! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Twisted Evil

Seriously, have fun! Very Happy
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POOH sheet!

Dude, you rock!

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Thirteen Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Whoa...

Hehe, my reaction exactly Very Happy

Pflarrian wrote:
You mean to tell me that the package I sent you last week has arrived already? Talk about fast service! I paid for that to go 'slow boat,' so to speak due to the costs involved. I certainly didn't expect it to arrive quite so quickly! #Shocked

Neither did I! I was VERY surprised. Pleasantly surprised though Smile

And thanks for the book! That even added to the surprise Smile

Pflarrian wrote:
Nothing I order for myself ever arrives that quickly...

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I ordered my Tyranids on the 28th, got billed for them on the 3rd, paid for them on the 5th and got them on the 14th Smile

Pflarrian wrote:
Time for the Tyranid horde to emerge from it's hive! Beware the bugs! Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Twisted Evil

We are the Great Beast, the Devourer of Worlds!!! :evilbat: :vamp:

Pflarrian wrote:
Seriously, have fun! Very Happy

Oh, I will! Thanks Very Happy

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
POOH sheet!

Dude, you rock!

Damn!! I knew I should have put that away. Now you all know about my Pooh fixation Wink

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Day Thirteen.One Reply with quote

Day 13 Addendum 1

It has happened! The first Hormagaunt has emerged in the breeding chamber. The first of my vicious solders that will trear mankind's Imperium apart!

Hehe, sorry, I think I got a little carried away with that one Wink

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

Show us more!!!

POOH!!!!

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Day Thirteen.Two Reply with quote

Day 13 Addendum 2

More you want, more you shall get.

[note: Sorry for the blurry photos. Somehow they wouldn't get any better]

Fist we have 3 more Hormagaunts. Hormagaunts are the basic soldiers of the Hive. Not overly strong but still great in close combat and they tend to come en masse.

BTW: Those of you with a keener eye and knowledge of Warhammer 40K and Tyranids will notice that these aren't ordinary Hormagaunts. I added toxic sacs to ther arms, making them stronger. I don't yet have a name for this mutation but I'm playing with calling them Hypergaunts Wink

Next we have 2 Genestealers. Like the Gaunts they don't have any long range weapons but these guy are mean in had-to-hand (or should I say claw-to-had? Wink) combat, able to tear armored Space Marines apart like paper.

I have an interesting story about these guys but I'll save that for later.

And last but not least, my first Tyranid Warrior, a powerful fighter, not only with his scyting claws but also with his... umm... well... hey, can sombody help me there? How do you call that weapon? I don't know the English names Confused

Well, that's it for now. More later Smile

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Day Thirteen.Three Reply with quote

Day 13 Addendum 3

My last entry for today. I created another set as I already didn. Since the Genestealers and the Gaunts are looking more or less the same put up two photos on the other Tyranid Warrior because this one has another weapon (and I don't know the name of this one either).

For good measure I threw in another photo of the first Tyrand Warrior too.

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary looking stuff man

Good job!

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first one's called a Venom Cannon, second is a...grrr...gimme a second... fires the big blast marker....blast it...it's not a Devourer....grrrrr.... *head starts smoking, then explodes*....ummm...I'll get back to you on that...

Ghostwolf out....owww....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: