Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Seven Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Day 7

Assembled most of the Landspeeder. Only the shooter is missing. A friend of mine will be playing the Space Marines and he hasn't yet decided which weapon he wants, the Heavy Bolter or the Multimelter.

May I offer a suggestion? Use the heavy bolter for now. Multimelters are only really useful against very tough things or things with very good armor, like other Space Marines or vehicles. The heavy bolter is an anti-infantry weapon. Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Day Eight Reply with quote

Day 8

I followed Pflarrian's advice and mounted the heavy bolter on the Land Speeder. That means all models are assembled... damn... I want more.

I've started some planning on my Tyranid army. So far I have 6 species in my army list but I plan to add at least 2 more. The question is, which? So far I have Hive Tyrants, Lictors, Tyranid Warriors, Symbionts, Hormagaunts and Carniflexes (though, the Hive Tyrants and the Hormagaunts will be replaced by mutated speces).

Some of the rules are not really clear to me yet and I have to sort that out before I can make a final list.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Eight Reply with quote

You know, if you're really bored, I could try and dig up the rules for Tyranid "VDR" Monstrosities. The Vehicle Design Rules had a special section for the Tyranid armies so that you could make your own mega-monsters and such. Twisted Evil

Or, for that matter, I could try and find the rules for the Tyranid Scythed Heirodule (but that's an expensive beasty, both in points and in $)
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Eight Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
You know, if you're really bored, I could try and dig up the rules for Tyranid "VDR" Monstrosities. The Vehicle Design Rules had a special section for the Tyranid armies so that you could make your own mega-monsters and such. Twisted Evil

Woah! That would be interesting Very Happy

Pflarrian wrote:
Or, for that matter, I could try and find the rules for the Tyranid Scythed Heirodule (but that's an expensive beasty, both in points and in $)

I've seen that thing at ForgeWorld and I wasn't sure if I should really belive that that is a model you can use in the game.

It would be great if you could find the rules! Sure, it costs a lot... but imagine how the face of your enemy must look like when he sees that monster Twisted Evil

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Eight Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Pflarrian wrote:

Woah! That would be interesting Very Happy

Pflarrian wrote:

I've seen that thing at ForgeWorld and I wasn't sure if I should really belive that that is a model you can use in the game.

It would be great if you could find the rules! Sure, it costs a lot... but imagine how the face of your enemy must look like when he sees that monster Twisted Evil

I'll see what I can do to dig the rules out of my shash of magazines and such. The Hierodule counts as a 'war monster' or something like that, so you need your opponent's permission to use it, but it's really thugly. Twisted Evil
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Eight Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Tygon wrote:

I'll see what I can do to dig the rules out of my shash of magazines and such.

Great!! Thanks a lot in advance.

Pflarrian wrote:
The Hierodule counts as a 'war monster' or something like that, so you need your opponent's permission to use it, but it's really thugly. Twisted Evil

Ah, too bad. It would still be interesting. Not to mention that it would rule to get the model Smile

BTW: Did you ever get the Baneblade?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Day Nine Reply with quote

Day 9

No physical progress on Warhammer itself but I ordered the first part of my Tyranid Army.

1 Hive Tyrant
A set of wings to put on it
1 Tyranid Monstrous Arms Sprue (I need a second set of Scything Claws)
1 Tyranid Battleforce Box
and some Green Stuff

Boy, I hope it will arrive soon Very Happy

I also started building a new desk for my room were all the assembling and painting will take place as soon as it's finished.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Day Eight Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

Pflarrian wrote:
The Hierodule counts as a 'war monster' or something like that, so you need your opponent's permission to use it, but it's really thugly. Twisted Evil

Ah, too bad. It would still be interesting. Not to mention that it would rule to get the model Smile

BTW: Did you ever get the Baneblade?

Did I ever get the Baneblade? This is where I start laughing, right? I wish. Too much money, and I can't justify the cost. Especially not if I want to go to AC2003. I'll see if I can get some photocopies or scans of the Tyranid VDR rules for you. Smile
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the vdr rules for tyranids in the chapter approved?

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they should be. Not sure which one though.

Ghostwolf out...

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostwolf wrote:

Ghostwolf out...

Neither am I...

Tygon? There's a little problem. You'd be better off trying to find a copy of whichever Chapter Approved book those rules are in, because you need the basic VDR rules in order to use the Tyranid ones, and the Tyranid rules are only good for making really big monstrosities, it seems.

However, I will see what I can do anyways.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pflarrian wrote:
Ghostwolf wrote:

Ghostwolf out...

Neither am I...

Tygon? There's a little problem. You'd be better off trying to find a copy of whichever Chapter Approved book those rules are in, because you need the basic VDR rules in order to use the Tyranid ones, and the Tyranid rules are only good for making really big monstrosities, it seems.

However, I will see what I can do anyways.

It's okay. It's unlikely anyway that I'll ever be able to get my paws on a Hierodule. I just was curious about the rules.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Day Ten Reply with quote

Day 10

The new desk is finished. Well, almost. The wax needs to dry and I need to find a practicable and none-expensive solution for the illumination. Oh yes, and I need to put a few power outlets there.

Otherwise I'm getting impatient while waiting for my Tyranids to arrive.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Day Eleven Reply with quote

Day 11

Hmmm... 11 is one of my lucky numbers. Does the mean that my Tyranid army will arrive today? I doubt it Confused

Anyway, some good news. The desk is fully finished positioned and as you can see, already in use Smile

And yes, that is my bed and yes, it is full of plushies. No jokes please Smile

Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly nifty little table. Good lighting, but it could use a bit of storage, cause you're gonna wind up with a lot of 'nids....

Ghostwolf out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: